Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things GT1 Version

I couldn't either. Although, I wish I could get access to one of those early Japanese demos. I want to try to gameshark codes that Mattj55 on youtube used to get the hidden cars and try them out myself.

Anyway, after watching that video I see one interesting thing:
eaxr.png

Prowler in GT1?

And sorry for double post.

Well, the Prowler started production in 1997 which was around the same time that GT1 was released. So maybe the Prowler was planned to be in the game.

RacingModel.png

These tags may have appeared depending on your car.

Racing Model: Giving your car a Racing Modification.
Racing Special: Perhaps the special models in some of the manufacturers.
Special: Not really sure, same as above?

The Racing Model cars are cars that were given a RM while Racing Special cars are prize-only cars like the FTO LM, Del Sol LM, Viper GTSR, etc and Special cars are race cars that can be bought in the Special cars in different manufacturers.

I used to have a game cover of it of my game aswell and not sure if it's in the game, I could check it myself later...but does the Toyota MR2 appear to have some kinda of a purple color? Maybe it's somekind of blue but kinda looked a bit purple.

^Well, GT1 does have the MR2 come in purple actually. The same with the other GT titles.

Anyway, here's another screenshot from the demo and look at what's wrong with it on the left. There's 2 Celica GT-Fours listed and I clicked on both of them. They're the same car.
GT1Demo-ToyotaDealershipscreenshot_zpsd9daab4c.png

Perhaps different year versions? Look in the preview images for both od them, though sinc eit's black and white, it's hard to see. The silver one, the second; has a grill, the first one might not have it. But it's in black so, could be very well hidden.

Perhaps different year versions? Look in the preview images for both od them, though sinc eit's black and white, it's hard to see. The silver one, the second; has a grill, the first one might not have it. But it's in black so, could be very well hidden.
I'm telling you that it's the same model. I'll post 2 screenshots of both of them later.

Okay, okay. I was just pointing out about the preview pictures of them in the showroom.

EDIT: Checked on IGCD.net and it seems that's what I meant: the black celica preview, it might be a GT-FOUR anyway but afetr looking deeper, I discovered - the black celica preview, it used a shot of the SS-II. Yeah, without a doubt.

If you don't believe me, check it yourself, look the front of teh SS-II variant of the celica and look at that preview picture of the black celica.

Last edited:
Okay, okay. I was just pointing out about the preview pictures of them in the showroom.

EDIT: Checked on IGCD.net and it seems that's what I meant: the black celica preview, it might be a GT-FOUR anyway but afetr looking deeper, I discovered - the black celica preview, it used a shot of the SS-II. Yeah, without a doubt.

If you don't believe me, check it yourself, look the front of teh SS-II variant of the celica and look at that preview picture of the black celica.
I know that, but they're both labeled "GT-Four" for some reason and when I clicked on both, it was showing the GT-Four.

Yeah, which is rather sad. The first one should have been a SS-II not a GT-FOUR. I never noticed this mistake before bu the version you have is the Japanese one. I could check on my american release here sooner or later.

Heh, nice. I knew there was something fishy about that - apparently someone at PD did put the wrong car and and wrong name in some version i guess.

^Well, GT1 does have the MR2 come in purple actually. The same with the other GT titles.

Anyway, here's another screenshot from the demo and look at what's wrong with it on the left. There's 2 Celica GT-Fours listed and I clicked on both of them. They're the same car.
GT1Demo-ToyotaDealershipscreenshot_zpsd9daab4c.png

Do you have more demo menu screens, please?

Back