Seasonal Events - Bonus Race 1

• Thread starter Eric W
  • 371 comments
Just beat all of them today. Fiat one was the only difficult one, avg'd a 1.19.xxx and got 1st on the second to last turn. Everything else was pretty easy, the GT-R one was the funnest since my margin was .09 the first time

Well I officially suck at this game.....So far in the first 4 challenges I have got a best of 2nd, 5th, 5th, and 1st (shortcut cheat). It's not like I'm slamming into walls or going off course. I feel like I'm driving pretty well and consistent, and yet it's not nearly enough. Obviously I am doing some things majorly wrong, I just wish I knew what they were. Would be nice if someone could post some vids up on youtube.

I was also thinking, could part of my problem be that I am driving AT instead of MT? DS3 instead of wheel?

I've been messing with the FC Tranny and now am up to one second behind at the finish. Almost there! :-D

Last edited:
FINALLY beat it by 5.38 seconds! Man that felt great to finally win. :-)

Car Settings
Window Weight Reduction
Chassis Reinforcement
Aero Kit - Rear - +15
FC Tranny - 124 Top Speed
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Adj LSD - 40/60/5
Fully Adj Suspension
Ride Height - -25/-25
Spring Rate - 8.4/6.0
Dampers(E) - 4/5
Dampers(C) - 4/5
Anti-Roll - 3/4
Camber - 2.1/0.9
Toe Angle - 0.03/0.20
Brakes - 3/5

Manual Shifting
Skid Recovery - ON
ABS - 1
All else turned off.

Note: I'm using a Logitech Driving Force Pro and have it set at 200 degs - this helped a lot!!

This setup allows me to get up to 3rd gear for the short straights/mild turns, and then drop down to 2nd for the hairpins. The key is to slow while going straight, crank the wheel hard to hug the apex, then go OUT immediately to the rub strips (builds speed faster). I was shocked when I was on his bumper by the end of the 4th lap! It's great fun when the car is doing what you want it to do.

That was one heck of a learning experience for me. I'll use what I learned to beat the rest now.

Hope this helps a lot of guys like me who were struggling with this one.
:)

Well I officially suck at this game.....So far in the first 4 challenges I have got a best of 2nd, 5th, 5th, and 1st (shortcut cheat). It's not like I'm slamming into walls or going off course. I feel like I'm driving pretty well and consistent, and yet it's not nearly enough. Obviously I am doing some things majorly wrong, I just wish I knew what they were. Would be nice if someone could post some vids up on youtube.

I was also thinking, could part of my problem be that I am driving AT instead of MT? DS3 instead of wheel?

I use a DS3 too, the only time I have a problem with the controller is with very high powered cars (650 HP+).
The AT is where you will lose a bit of time, as I find MT makes it a lot easier to control your cornering and using the engine to its fullest potential, thereby gaining you more time. I used to drive in AT too, but making the switch to MT has made GT a lot more fun.
A couple of tips I can give you are be more aggressive in these events, and try to use the Slow In, Fast Out cornering approach.

Finally beat it tonight by .6 second.

Light windows
height adjustable suspension
sports air filter
sports flywheel
single disc clutch

And none of my laps were any faster than 1:20:xx

Now I'm totally stuck on the Challenger one (I skipped the CR-Z and RX7 for now), best I can get is third, the car just understeers like hell and I can't get it to turn in very well even with the suspension lowered and camber added.

I think getting the custom tranny is the way to go - then just work with settings until you find one that fits well. That's a tough one for sure. I've got 2nd on the GT-R track but have a ways to go until I can beat the GT-40.

Fiat 500 by subliminalglory, on Flickr

After putting over 200 miles on the Fiat I finally beat it, here are my settings

Car Settings
CF Hood
Aero Kit - Rear - +15
FC Tranny - 87 Top Speed
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Adj LSD - 40/60/5
Fully Adj Suspension
Ride Height - -20/-20
Spring Rate - 15.0/2.0
Dampers(E) - 1/4
Dampers(C) - 1/4
Anti-Roll - 3/3
Camber - 3.4/4.0
Toe Angle - 0.40/0.60
Brakes - 5/5

Ahahaha I DID IT! BY GEORGE I DID IT! Beat that bastard A2 by 1.9 seconds and man does it feel good! I think my driving skills improved tremendously just from working at this challenge for so long. On to the next! :cheers:

To win Fiat 500 race I turned on active steering (something I've never had to do before and won all the other races with no assists and DS3, I have a dfgt but sometimes don't feel like setting it up in the living room) I caught him before the long straight and passed him. Can't get to grips with some fwd cars lol

For the GT-R race I used '09 Vspec in legal spec for the race with all weight reductions and an air filter, semi race suspension, full race transmission with top speed at 310km/h, all drivetrain gear and all assists OFF (I found it actually better with all off ), once I had a few goes i nailed that ford GT B$#tard out of the small tunnel before the straight.

Last edited:
Good job man! 👍

Ahahaha I DID IT! BY GEORGE I DID IT! Beat that bastard A2 by 1.9 seconds and man does it feel good! I think my driving skills improved tremendously just from working at this challenge for so long. On to the next! :cheers:

Best fun I've had in ages, its great to be limited on BHP!

Managed to get 1st on the first track after a few attempts. Loving it!

More races should be restricted like this!

Note: I'm using a Logitech Driving Force Pro and have it set at 200 degs - this helped a lot!!

Hope this helps a lot of guys like me who were struggling with this one.
:)

Hawker I am a new DFGT user, I have looked everywhere but cannot find how to change it to the 200 degrees setting. I wonder if you could please help me out.

Thank you for your advice on the settings for the Fiat, I will be using them later :)

For the SSR5, I had 1'30 for every lap except the first lap but after I have switched on the skid recovery, my lap improved to 1'26 and won the race. Turning on assist leads to faster speed? Interesting. The tuning is not so important.

Just finished the SSR5 one today, bought the R32, couldnt crack it. So I got myself the Nissan Black Mask thinking I could use it and :( of course you can't. Finally ended up using the V spec 09, the key is the first lap, if its in the 1:28's your good for the win. Even got one of my laps down to 1:25:XX :) now to focus on doing A-spec and B-Spec again, after all my progress was deleted a week ago :(

Hi Brit999,

Sure, Ok. It's very simple. With it plugged in and ready to go, hit the following buttons at the same time...

Select button, R3, and pull right paddle shifter. That swaps between the steering modes.

Hope that helps!

AND - I just golded the Nissan GT-R challenge. On one of those final sharp turns right before the looping curve to go back to the main straight, I flew past the GT40 and ended up winning. My best lap was a 127.5 and that felt pretty great. I used steering assist on strong (as a test), and a couple other assists and was actually faster than NOT using them.

Now to finish 1st in the Honda, Mazda, and Challenger races. :D

Hawker I am a new DFGT user, I have looked everywhere but cannot find how to change it to the 200 degrees setting. I wonder if you could please help me out.

Thank you for your advice on the settings for the Fiat, I will be using them later :)

No problem... glad to help!

Note: Just killed the Challenger race - did suggestions in this thread and passed the lead car on the 3rd lap! Unreal. :D

Apply light windows -10kg
Apply short gearbox, and install aero parts, then reduce downforce to 0
I also installed the best suspension system to lower the car to the max.
Caught the leader in the very last turn 👍

Ok, done! Gold on all races. It's as if the Fiat 500 race was racing training, and once I mastered that as far as tuning a car goes, how to race the lines properly, and so on, the rest of the races were easy to beat.

For anyone struggling, read this thread and follow what it says. You'll beat them all too.

Good luck.

I didn't get a chance to go back to the 500 event last night but beat the Mazda and Dodge events fairly easily. Dodge was stock apart from the full customize transmission to help with the top speed like other people recommended. My Mazda was fairly standard too. (flywheel, clutch, fixed suspension) I came 2nd on my first try with it stock and beat it easily with the mods.

Only had time for one go at the GT-R race. Bought a Spec-V '09, put an air filter on it and went for it. I did manage to come 2nd but I was like 12 seconds off the leader so definitely got some work to do on that car. :crazy:

I wonder how often we'll get seasonal events like these. I've been having a blast on these races.

No problem... glad to help!

Note: Just killed the Challenger race - did suggestions in this thread and passed the lead car on the 3rd lap! Unreal. :D

Whats your settings for the Challenger race. There were just too many suggestions here, and I'm confused as to what works and what doesn't.

Just bought the 08' fiat 500 as per the requirements of race one. However the bhp of the car is 66bhp as standard but the max is 65. Rather confused on this one, how can I buy the car to race if the car as standard does not comply with the rules. Any one else see this?
I will lighten the car to make it match the requirements but just wondered about the bhp

Right, after many attempts, and a bit of tweaking I finally managed a win on the Fiat 500 Race by 0.104 seconds (no bumping, no crashing, generally no cheating, which makes me proud... or stupid, not sure.)

Anyway I am now on the CR-Z one and best I can manage is 3rd place. Well at least the car has made the money back I spent on it, but I'm down by 20seconds!!!

I recon I am going to be practicing this for a long time. Anyone got any general tips? Set ups for that race?

Right, after many attempts, and a bit of tweaking I finally managed a win on the Fiat 500 Race by 0.104 seconds (no bumping, no crashing, generally no cheating, which makes me proud... or stupid, not sure.)

Anyway I am now on the CR-Z one and best I can manage is 3rd place. Well at least the car has made the money back I spent on it, but I'm down by 20seconds!!!

I recon I am going to be practicing this for a long time. Anyone got any general tips? Set ups for that race?

It's a lot easier than the 500 races. Just drive a bit on the track to get use to it.
I won it without any modification to the CR-Z on my 2nd try.

It's a bit like the 500 race, try to keep as much speed as possible in the turn. Apply minimum breaking and you should do it. On the last corner, try to get a good line and take aspiration as much as you can.

Just bought the 08' fiat 500 as per the requirements of race one. However the bhp of the car is 66bhp as standard but the max is 65. Rather confused on this one, how can I buy the car to race if the car as standard does not comply with the rules. Any one else see this?
I will lighten the car to make it match the requirements but just wondered about the bhp

You changed your oil, right? I did the same thing & it bumped me up to 66. You can either buy a new one or race that one until the HP drops. I kept my 66 HP car to fully mod just for fun & leave the other one stock.

You changed your oil, right? I did the same thing & it bumped me up to 66. You can either buy a new one or race that one until the HP drops. I kept my 66 HP car to fully mod just for fun & leave the other one stock.

hahahah yeah, spot on. Oil change as with every car, habit. Thanks for pointing it out. Ill race it till it drops! thanks dude

Before this thread, I had never realized that changing the oil on a car that has never been driven would increase the HP. Great, now I have 114 cars in my garage that need oil changes! :indiff:

Latest Posts

Back