Sej's Pix ~ Toyota 7

• Thread starter sejtur
  • 1,903 comments
I think I said everything in the comp thread. It's very awesome according to the extremely difficult scenery. You used it to create something innovator 👍👍

Salu2.alexwrc

I already commented on that shot in the poll thread, so you know what I think.
But J's shot was really good too, I had a bit of a hard time deciding on which to vote.

Good job and an original image. 👍

signed: Heinek... hmmm... Carlsb... hmmm... Super B... hmmm Sagres! (awesome Portuguese beer, in case you're wondering) :lol:

Thx for the comments yall, I appreciate it. 👍

@ jgda9rs: It is allowed. Read the rules, it's there.

@ Funkshen: Yea you're right! It has a few more horses... :sly: Thx for the vote!

@ Beerzgood: Don't matter what beer as long it's Beer it'z good. :P

I love the action and the feel of this shot, which means you deserved your round 2 spot, anyway good luck for round 2.

It's been a while I updated this, but here are my latest shots.

img0007rrl7.jpg

img0105rtj9.jpg

img0098rjm7.jpg

img0104rrr5.jpg

img0070rim6.jpg

img0126rac3.jpg

I just love the disco look of the second shot Setjur, also welcome back old buddy, because I have been missing you.

Yeah...all shots are incredible!!
So...they are made to compete, and also to win, U can add that too!!!
:cheers:

Compete and win, because some of them have won difficult comps too.

This time I'd like to comment all images.

Starting with the LeMans pic, it's nice, with a little artistic touch due to hard contrast and textures all arroud.

The R8, well, this is the best Shibuya's photo I can remember since I'm here really. The lighting is very spectacular, the colors are never mind, and the concept itself is a trully revolution to me with that scenery. I think you used a very weird combination, and you was able to transform it using a stunning graphic language. It's like... very suggesting, frontal views usually reflects the deep spirit of a car, a race car in this one, plenty of subliminal information. The way on the background is editted is also outstanding because it's not the typical blur filter, so the distortion works very fine.

The T16 was successful too, and the angle is quite peculiar, a valiant entry I must say.

The Daimler entry is excessive glowed for me. It has not a lot of definition in textures and more, but the camera is very nice to "play" with different rims diameter and the weird possibilities of the carriage.

The SL300. I did not voted for it really. Well this is hard, I always vote since the most objetive point of view, but in this case I think the right side of the image is "pasted" over a real look left side. Yeah, it's cool, but represents a non compatible things imo. I'd like to see how a hard contrast on the right could perform in this image, becasue snow+trees+lights could play an amazing role all together.

And finally, the Serie 3 shows an amazing combination of colors again! Very sweet colors, very very sweet. I never could imagine a "peach orange" on the tarmac, even with soooo natural look indeed.

The idea is great again, but I honestly think that photo has some big handicaps. The lateral reflections should be redone, and that means redo almost the whole car without getting an artifial look. In other words, a lot of hours with any kind of warranties.

Then, the blurred rims looks quite well, very soft and real (Wich is not easy); but there are some problems with edges and specially with lighting and centers. That killed a big part of the overall look of the image, as jaggied lines of A-Pillar and shadow under the car.

As I said, it's a very good concept and an amazing bet for colors, but sharing technical issues.

Finishing this "tochopost" (bigpost slang), I like to remark the R8 photo. Even... please tell me how did you get those harmonic colors if you can. I was shocked when I saw you profile and I was noticed you are quite young to have that nice control of some editting details and photographic interpretation.

Salu2.alexwrc

Interesting read from alex 👍
Like everyone said, the R8 is one of the most beautiful photos I have seen lately even it is a strange combination (like F1 running on busy street). 300SL is a stunner as well. Alex may be right at some point. For me it looks like a classic machine driving into the oil painting that going to be full of unknowns and mysteries, not just a fancy blurry curve blur we are digging. Bimmer has nice tone yet very realistic except for the reflection. I would smudge and kill half of them to show the glory of Bangle design :lol: The Merc legends looks great and interesting, but I can't recall you have something like that before. I like the high contrast of it, however it generates some noticeable jaggies. Other than that it is one hell battle shot.

WOW, very nice pics, plenty of innovate and good worked. Like alex and franz said, the R8 has to be the best.

You only had bad luck 'cause you competed with alex :D

That R8 photo is shockingly beautiful, and it's lost none of it's charm since I first saw it when you entered it for the H2H contest. The soft blur of the background and the bloom of the lights in the bright areas makes it look realistic but at the same time have a hint of fantasy to it.

The SL300 is also a very creative and well thought out shot. It looks a little odd and a bit too blurred in places but it really is a work of art. I've never seen anything like it from GT4 before!

Thanks for the nice comments everybody. It's easy to see that the R8 is the most liked. By me too, hehe.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan: haha, a disco look I didn't think like that about that pic yet. But it has the colors and the glow. :)

alexwrc: First I have to say that I don't really like how some of my pics came out, but I'm pretty proud of that with every pic I did I tried something new, or saw something I could use in another pic.

For the R8, I was driving it on the Nurburgring, and thought about some photo opportunities on that track, but I thought that a night shot would be better. I wanted to create an atmosphere like there kinda is at LeMans, but with some nice purple-blue night colors. The best place to do that is Shibuya, or maybe Times Square, but at that time the H2H comp was about Shibuya so I chose that location. How I archieved the colors is nothing special. I just selected the car and background seperately, and kept the original colors intact. I just adjusted the color balance for both differently. That's it.

The Daimler is a pic that came out 'OK', I was a bit worried that I would lose against Bram, but surprisingly I won.

And I didn't know what to do with the SL300. I didn't like that I couldn't use any colors, because very often they determine the atmosphere in my pics. The pic without the median was like this:

img0070p2xu3.jpg

Nothing special. I don't know how to create a light effect, and this pic just is kinda boring. So I decided to pick median and blur all over the place to create a dreamy effect. Easy.

I liked the Beemer pretty much, but I just couldn't handle all of those reflections. I don't know what method to use for it or where to start and the how and everything. But I made this burnout sometime ago, with the dodge tool. I thought it looked pretty badass.

img0126r2of7.jpg

Thanks for the "tochopost", Alex! 👍

franz: Thx. But what jaggies do you mean on the Merc legends pic?

Moglet and Funkshen: Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. 👍

the R8 and the mercedes gullwing has to be my favorite. the 330i somehow looks jagged in a few areas, namely the rear fender line and the trunk, and same with the mercedes gullwing. but i must be mistaking them for reflections.
did you resize any of those photos by any chance ? it's not a big deal, but i just thought i'd say something i see. all in all a very good and very beautiful update.

I persoanlly prefer the original SL300. Sometimes original GT4 pics doesn't need important changes, but I usually try to "overdo" them too and I don't know when stop editting 👍. Anyways both versions are very good.

Salu2.alexwrc

I just started using Flickr and I must say I really like it. From now on I'll be using this upload site. 👍 Here's my entry for the 16th CCCL competition.

Well Sej...awesome...simply awesome!! Thats a power shot!!!👍
Good luck in the Tournament:tup:

I love FlickR it is so much better than imageshack. Much more organised on it. Love the shot Sejtur. It has that lovely old rally car feel to it. Also I am glad to see another entrant to the CCCL Competition.

Also check out my gallery if you have time.

Puf! Stunning image!!!

Glad more people had changed to Flickr, but I don't know why you don't use a tiny watermark. Anyone could get the work and forget you :).

Salu2.alexwrc

you've captured the italian flare that the stratos carries. specially with that red color matching with the lighting. awesome work man!

Agree with JG 👍 that's very italian, but quite retro as well
I think red shadow + yellow highlight is an overkill combination

for previous update, the jaggies I talked about is on the grill and bumper area of the CLKGTR
also I guess the reflection is a bit busy that distracting the competition
however I like the half opacity blur on the tree background :)

Back