Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
So this is the first half of Senna "content" correct? It just seems like 3 cars and a few minor track alterations isn't really representative of Kaz's admiration for Senna.

Although, I guess the current content does indeed trace the "roots" of his career, just not very extensively.

Well with the wonky way the F1 license works and Simraceway basically hogging a huge portion of Senna's career, there was not much they could do.

Others have probably said this before but not modelling the tracksides was really lazy of PD. I expected more considering they had already achieved better effects in GT4.

The Senna challenges were fine and took a good 20mins to gold them all.

Looks like we are set up for a final part in the 88 McLaren around Interlargos.

So this is the first half of Senna "content" correct? It just seems like 3 cars and a few minor track alterations isn't really representative of Kaz's admiration for Senna.

Although, I guess the current content does indeed trace the "roots" of his career, just not very extensively.
So there´s more... good.

Speculation right?
That's all there is. Nothing more.
Speculation right?

:sly:

One thing is sure, Kaz was at Interlagos (he posted Twitter pics) I'm pretty sure we will see it coming some day (I hope)

Any tip on Brands Hatch with the Lotus? I'm only like 1.8 seconds to silver

You can carry a hell of a lot of speed into the first corner - a quick stab of brakes at the last distance marker, then chuck it hard into the apex. I made a bunch of time here. Short-shifting a bit out of the slower corners helped too.

You can carry much more speed in the high speed corners at the back of the circuit than you think, the car loads up with downforce quite well.

This too. If you get the turn-in just right, you can really trust the downforce in the fast corners. Hope this helps.

I wouldn't rule out either yes or no for more content. I think it's quite possible and even likely we'll receive Interlagos as DLC due to what Kaz has said about adding it. Although without a McLaren (or the '94 Williams) there's no real way to really connect that track to a Senna event since the Brazilian GP was in Rio until 1989 during Senna's career. Surely they could add the karting track and make that an event though, especially since the karting track is in the opening of GT6. But really, they'd need an MP4/6 and/or MP4/8 (maybe the MP4/5 to recreate the pole lap, but no victory) to do something with the actual track unless they just made up an event.

At the very least, it would be quite disappointing not to get at least another car or two. Surely it shouldn't be a problem to add the '87 Lotus Honda, the car which is also on the Goodwood monument (not a detailed model though so it would ideally have to be made from the ground up). Another track would be nice as well, like Estoril which would make for a great event (pole & victory in the wet) but I wouldn't expect it.

In a perfect world even restricting us up until 1987, we should get the Toleman TG184 (and possibly TG183) and the Lotus 98T & 99T. It would be a great shame if we didn't even get one, but it's hard to say at this point what will happen.

I wouldn't rule out either yes or no for more content. I think it's quite possible and even likely we'll receive Interlagos as DLC due to what Kaz has said about adding it. Although without a McLaren (or the '94 Williams) there's no real way to really connect that track to a Senna event since the Brazilian GP was in Rio until 1989 during Senna's career. Surely they could add the karting track and make that an event though, especially since the karting track is in the opening of GT6. But really, they'd need an MP4/6 and/or MP4/8 (maybe the MP4/5 to recreate the pole lap, but no victory) to do something with the actual track unless they just made up an event.

At the very least, it would be quite disappointing not to get at least another car or two. Surely it shouldn't be a problem to add the '87 Lotus Honda, the car which is also on the Goodwood monument (not a detailed model though so it would ideally have to be made from the ground up). Another track would be nice as well, like Estoril which would make for a great event (pole & victory in the wet) but I wouldn't expect it.

In a perfect world even restricting us up until 1987, we should get the Toleman TG184 (and possibly TG183) and the Lotus 98T & 99T. It would be a great shame if we didn't even get one, but it's hard to say at this point what will happen.

The problem with the car choices is the whole idiotic F1 license and its disallowance of anyone who doesn't hold it of having more then one F1 car. Samus can explain it better then I can.

One thing is sure, Kaz was at Interlagos (he posted Twitter pics) I'm pretty sure we will see it coming some day (I hope)

Could it be as simple as Kaz visiting the Senna Institute and going to the track for lulz? I mean, Kaz doesn't scan tracks himself does he?

On second thought, I saw Kaz at a ramen shop in Hokkaido. NEW PHOTO TRAVEL LOCATION CONFIRMED!!!!!!

You can carry a hell of a lot of speed into the first corner - a quick stab of brakes at the last distance marker, then chuck it hard into the apex. I made a bunch of time here. Short-shifting a bit out of the slower corners helped too.

This too. If you get the turn-in just right, you can really trust the downforce in the fast corners. Hope this helps.
Also dont reach low rpm if you use auto. Turbo lag will ruin the acceleration for good. Trust the downforce.

As always, manual is faster. Especially for this car.

Also dont reach low rpm if you use auto. Turbo lag will ruin the acceleration for good. Trust the downforce.

As always, manual is faster. Especially for this car.

Right...............what driving settings yall think is better, keep in mind I'm kinda of a noob in GT.

Right...............what driving settings yall think is better, keep in mind I'm kinda of a noob in GT.
Avoid using any aids except ABS at 3
Traction Control only makes slower acceleration due to massive turbo lag. So best to avoid it and learn to handle the massive spin.

Well with the wonky way the F1 license works and Simraceway basically hogging a huge portion of Senna's career, there was not much they could do.
I don't think that alone would stop it from happening. Simraceway licenced all McLarens from both the F1 and automotive divisions. As cars from the automotive division appears in other games, either the licence isn't as locked up as we think it is or Simraceway are prepared to sub licence. Especially as rumours of financial trouble continues over at Ignite

The F1 issue is more likely a problem. Not sure how that one works. I don't think its one F1 car per game but different F1 cars racing each other or in a championship series

Last edited:
Avoid using any aids except ABS at 3
Traction Control only makes slower acceleration due to massive turbo lag. So best to avoid it and learn to handle the massive spin.
I'll try that, although TC 1 worked faster for me, I can try it w/o it. Thanks everyone for the tips!

Mate, I'm sure he fully understands, But some people will just refuse to see PD as anything other than their little brother or god as in Kaz's case, It's really not rocket science the point you are trying to get across
Actually, I think it's quite the opposite. A gaggle of people who frequent the boards and for which PD can't even walk a straight line without mommy holding their hand, and who will often make things up to bolster their arguments. "All cars sound like ice crushers or something" comes to mind, or whatever the meme of the month is.

I don't think that alone would stop it from happening. Simraceway licenced all McLarens from both the F1 and automotive divisions. As cars from the automotive division appears in other games, either the licence isn't as locked up as we think it is or Simraceway are prepared to sub licence. Especially as rumours of financial trouble continues over at Ignite

I'm reffering to the license of the F1 cars as those are the ones that aren't making an appearance in anything outside of Codemaster's official F1 license games. I doubt the McLaren Automotive cars have the same going on otherwise GT6 shouldn't even have the F1 GTRs or the MP4-12C and likewise, Forza 5 shouldn't have the P1. Someone here said they talked to the person in charge and they said they were not going to sublicense the cars (I'll need to look for that post just to make sure that's correct). That's interesting to hear that there are rumours of finanacial troubles. When did these start and how bad is it (assuming its true)?

The F1 issue is more likely a problem. Not sure how that one works. I don't think its one F1 car per game but different F1 cars racing each other or in a championship series

That's what I was alluding to, supposedly any title that doesn't have the F1 license aren't allowed to have more then one F1 car, otherwise it constitutes as an "F1 race".

Actually, I think it's quite the opposite. A gaggle of people who frequent the boards and for which PD can't even walk a straight line without mommy holding their hand, and who will often make things up to bolster their arguments. "All cars sound like ice crushers or something" comes to mind, or whatever the meme of the month is.
You continually make this point in all kinds of threads and it's both a convenient crutch and a gross misrepresentation. You are right, some people have made that type of trolling comment and that's exactly what it is, trolling. You don't take trolls seriously. You ignore them and move on or at least that's what most of us do. And @lancia delta hf is also right, there are also people here who think PD walks on water and have an apology or excuse for anything they do or don't do and they are just as annoying. The vast majority of us are in the middle. We want the game to succeed that's why we're here, but we are constantly frustrated to varying degrees but issues big and small and this is the forum for expressing those frustrations. Like it or not, not all of us can just overlook all the issues we see and just get on with the game.

Monza in the Lotus wasn't too bad aside from the ridiculous curb dq's. Brand's Hatch is a little more tricky ran a terrible 1:14.XXX the first time, ran a 1:08.635 and struggling ever since... practice makes perfect I guess

The Lotus times are impossible for me to beat. I feel like such a noob right now. :'c
I am struggling on the Formula 3 Brands Hatch time trial and the Lotus time trial at guess what, Brands Hatch! What is tripping me up is the amount of power the car has for its size and trying to handle it, the fact that you can't floor the throttle without the car staying at the rev limit forever (I'm automatic) and not being used to the steering (at first I thought it was like operating a boat :D )

Back