Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
You continually make this point in all kinds of threads and it's both a convenient crutch and a gross misrepresentation. You are right, some people have made that type of trolling comment and that's exactly what it is, trolling. You don't take trolls seriously. You ignore them and move on or at least that's what most of us do. And @lancia delta hf is also right, there are also people here who think PD walks on water and have an apology or excuse for anything they do or don't do and they are just as annoying. The vast majority of us are in the middle. We want the game to succeed that's why we're here, but we are constantly frustrated to varying degrees but issues big and small and this is the forum for expressing those frustrations. Like it or not, not all of us can just overlook all the issues we see and just get on with the game.

Its like I said earlier in the thread, the legitimate fans who have reasonable complaints are being quickly outnumbered by the people who just bitch for no reason. Along with that weirdly are also a growing number of fanboys who refuse to actually see the actual faults. Its both of these sides that generally make these forums go into the all-out fight fests we get everytime a new game comes out, a gaming event comes along with or without info, an interview happens or an update comes out.

I was under the impression that you needed gold in all Senna challenges to win the 97T so I went out and ground away at the Red Bull challenge til I had the money to buy the car outright. No regrets. I wanted that car BAD :D:D

GREAT CARS , i finally managed to gold the last event after trying for 2-3 hours ,, countless tries , i think i only got 5 clean laps i kept getting off the track , no wonder F1 lost so many drivers on those eras , this car is mad & its flying

i also dont understand the car , while its very fun & fast to drive , i don't quite get it i kept getting both understeer & oversteer , something wrong with my driving?

also someone should find a way to export all those great pictures of senna , if anyone found a way/link to get those pictures , please let me know

also.. +20minute short movie about senna? no wonder the update was that big

GREAT CARS , i finally managed to gold the last event after trying for 2-3 hours ,, countless tries , i think i only got 5 clean laps i kept getting off the track , no wonder F1 lost so many drivers on those eras , this car is mad & its flying

i also dont understand the car , while its very fun & fast to drive , i don't quite get it i kept getting both understeer & oversteer , something wrong with my driving?

also someone should find a way to export all those great pictures of senna , if anyone found a way/link to get those pictures , please let me know

also.. +20minute short movie about senna? no wonder the update was that big

Simply, you are being too heavy with the car. It has a lot of grip but it needs to be driven very smoothly. At low speed if you are too aggressive you'll get understeer, and then with 1000bhp it's always going to be tail happy on the rear, so it really does need gentle, assured inputs.

Its like I said earlier in the thread, the legitimate fans who have reasonable complaints are being quickly outnumbered by the people who just bitch for no reason.

I don't think so.

The number of people simply slagging PD/GT for no reason is pretty low. I'm not sure I see anyone in the last couple of pages that is just bitching without any justification.

That there is a relatively high amount of legitimate fans with reasonable complaints (however unreasonably they may be expressed, ie. Y U NO GIVE US ZAHARA and the like) is down to GT having a lot of things that can potentially get up people's noses.

I don't think so.

The number of people simply slagging PD/GT for no reason is pretty low. I'm not sure I see anyone in the last couple of pages that is just bitching without any justification.

That there is a relatively high amount of legitimate fans with reasonable complaints (however unreasonably they may be expressed, ie. Y U NO GIVE US ZAHARA and the like) is down to GT having a lot of things that can potentially get up people's noses.

People are complaining about the level of content in the worlds biggest racing game. There is no other racing game in existence with more content than GT6. Take the world record holder for content, add yet more content and people complain that this extra content is not enough. That is what you refer to as reasonable?

People are complaining about the level of content in the worlds biggest racing game. There is no other racing game in existence with more content than GT6. Take the world record holder for content, add yet more content and people complain that this extra content is not enough. That is what you refer to as reasonable?
Yeah, but most of that content is sub-par, and it's not really living up to it's potential.

Quality>Quantity

The Senna content is a perfect example - they added three cars that wouldn't even make most peoples "top 5 Senna cars" list, not to mention the "tracks" that were included. I also note that the "worlds biggest racing game" didn't include a race for one of the worlds greatest racing drivers :lol:

When the community is clamoring for A and B, Polyphony give us C.

I don't think so.

Thing is while people like you and Samus actually have legitimate complaints, you guys are called trolls just for not liking something when (for lack of a better term) you two abit more blunt about it (well to me anyway). Meanwhile, you got these other people who haven't played the series like you or I have and just jump on the wagon just because everyone else is doing it. That is where I make my comment about more people being less reasonably and just being negative for the sake of being negative. I say this because this is something I'm noticing as of late overall in the gaming community and it just seems more visible here.

Along with that weirdly are also a growing number of fanboys who refuse to actually see the actual faults. Its both of these sides that generally make these forums go into the all-out fight fests we get everytime a new game comes out, a gaming event comes along with or without info, an interview happens or an update comes out.
I must be missing something, because it seems to me that the number of fanboys here is pretty heavily outnumbered by grouchers. Checked out the sounds threads lately? How about the Senna content threads? As you and JohnnyP say, there are a number of pretty reasonable critics. And then a bunch of just complainers that make a career of complaining. But wiki definition fanboys? There are a few, but mostly I see people like MeanElf, SCER and myself who will eventually get tired of the incessant complaining and start pushing back, and sometimes, it gets a little heated because the complaints are often so senseless and relentless.

Found two downsides in Senna content so far.

1. As hard as it was (especially the Brands - finally golded by 0.06sec), I golded the Senna content after few hours of play.. would have wished for a bit longer "relationship" with the trials. As the car was given with silver, they could have made the gold a bit harder. Cant change the time, but maybe less df or sports tires?:scared:

2. Since grinding that mental Lotus on Brands for almost two hours, nothing else in GT6 feels quite the same anymore. Even tried the "wild" Ferrari GTO '84 - nope, feels like a Prius now.. 👎:odd:👍

..and for some reason Im stuck turning the volume up from my speakers. Wonder why.. (That lotus on bonnet view if deafening :D)

I also did laugh at my self several times during that Brands grinding - just how many of those Lotuses I would have totalled in real life.. :guilty: You just slightly touch a curb stone and off you go - instant fly out of the track. :scared: ..and boy can it fly.

Last edited:
Quick question as I haven't been on GT6 yet, can you use the 80's layouts outside of the Senna events and in other cars?

Heres a tip for those struggling, low rpm will save you from spinning mostly. Try taking turns 1 gear higher than suggested (if you have suggested gear indicator turned on). High speed turns especially are a good place to try light braking and coasting instead of flying in hot and braking hard then flooring the throttle out of turn.

Always exit in 3rd. I can't tell you how many people I went straight past online yesterday because they dropped it into 2nd.

Could it be as simple as Kaz visiting the Senna Institute and going to the track for lulz? I mean, Kaz doesn't scan tracks himself does he?

On second thought, I saw Kaz at a ramen shop in Hokkaido. NEW PHOTO TRAVEL LOCATION CONFIRMED!!!!!!
Pretty sure Kaz wants to be there if a new track is coming to the game, to capture the essence of it or something like that (as he said on the Willow Springs video). Also I dont think you visit a track "for the lulz" and you do nothing in it.

Back