Should tight city circuits make a comeback?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by Bilungo14, Aug 22, 2020.

?

Should tight city circuits make a comeback?

1. Yes

78.7%
  2. Yes, but not as tight as in previous games

11.1%
  3. No

10.2%
  1. Baka_Marimo

Baka_Marimo Premium

I agree on your remarks on Alsace but I enjoy all Tokyo tracks except for Central Loop which is too narrow everywhere. On the East Loop I love the ridiculously long straight and the combination of mid-speed corners on the return foot where it's important to carry as much of your momentum through them as possible. It feels really good when you nail those corners and to see what a huge difference even minor improvements make to your laptime. The same goes for the second half of the South Inner Loop where it's possible to keep doing full throttle in the tunnel towards the hairpin if you get your line just right. I'm always spamming Race A when one of those tracks shows up there, however the major drawback remains that the lack of escape zones often turn these races into penalty fests.

Auto motors and Shingo_civic like this.
  2. Shingo_civic

Shingo_civic

This this and this. Gunsai touge can be also a graphical showcase with all trees and leafs around the track

3. ThePotatoKing

ThePotatoKing

I actually wouldnt add them back, as much as i enjoyed them. They are just too tight and twisty and that, combined with the large car fields of Sport mode is a recipe for disaster.

On the other hand Turn 1 at Monza is a thing, so why the heck not?

4. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

I wish PD would dial back the cartoonish gimmicks. Yamagiwa, Dragon Trail and Maggiore are the tracks that actually get a pass mark.

The rest are either terrible, rushed, or very unflattering to PDs collision and penalty physics (Tokyo)

There's run off though, which is a critical difference (and also why revamped Trial Mountain will be a disaster)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  5. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

What about Sardegna? The B layout is absolutely brilliant for racing, and the A layout reminds me of an old GP track. The C layout is great for slower cars like the Civic and Golf.

GTR365, Tricky Vega and Auto motors like this.
  6. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

I'm not a fan, I think B looks like its generated on course creator with everything set to 10. The elevation and the camber at the back of the lap is just silly.

The scenery of A tries to emulate an old circuit but in reality the layout is just short sprints between sluggish and slow 90 degree corners which makes it much more like a modern circuit. Tokyo East has a layout that's more like an older grand prix circuit.

Something like below is more like an older grand prix circuit and would've made it better in my opinion. Its too short regardless

1599620634299_image001.png

The short circuit isnt bad.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    Tricky Vega and Animedeaf like this.
  7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood

Yeah, Sardega is a pretty solid location. It has everything you described and a fun rally course.

Auto motors and Animedeaf like this.
  8. Gejabo

Gejabo Premium

YES, Citi di Aria was one of the most fun tracks in GT4

9. Johan

Johan

Question answered...

10. 05XR8

05XR8

I played that Citti di Aria event with the McLaren F1, over and over. One of the best replays to watch in any Gran Turismo game.

Bilungo14, ZEE and nickf1gr like this.