Should tight city circuits make a comeback?

• Thread starter Bilungo14
  • 39 comments

Should tight city circuits make a comeback?

• Total voters
Yes definitly !

Actually I do think they should be more "real world" oriented to get the essence of driving "normal" cars (N classes).

It feels stupid to drive a Peugeot 208 gti on a GP track, but magically it becomes absolute honey on a narrow and sinuous mountain road.

On the one hand they were fun to drive, on the other hand they're useless for racing. It's why I dislike so many of the tracks in the latest GRID game, all the tight street circuits that are poorly designed for clean racing. You either barge your way through or you don't overtake, those are the only options.

So personally I'd only want them spending time on tracks like that once they've already got a good handful of tracks you can race on first. Make those a bonus on top, if you have the time.

I would put it a long long way down the priority list. There's not enough tracks that you can actually race on as is, that needs to be well and truly covered first before they start indulging in tracks that are only good for hotlapping.

Last edited:
Even though it's follow the leader, I think Monaco would be entertaining once in a while for an FIA race. Just like real life, it depends on qualifying and possibly pit stop strategy.

Light damage would play a role. Regardless of a numpty being dirty. I feel, keeping someone honest for the race duration, while leading or following, is an exciting experience at street circuits.

Ive never seems this. What even is this and how was it accessed?

It looks like the demo scene that can be seen in some trailers. I presume that it was accessed through a hacked console, but I don’t really know. It looks good though, I wish they would make it an actual track :D

Like most things, PD could probably find a nice middle ground between the highway wide modern race tracks and the ridiculously tight, no passing tracks of old.

Their recent track design doesn't massively inspire me though, some very bizarre design choices in many of the GT Sport fictional tracks, top of the list being the desolate, grey walled Tokyo tracks and the bizarre Alsace track which just seems like they accidentally scaled the road up 300% when they were finished. It's a two lane road as wide as a highway.

Like most things, PD could probably find a nice middle ground between the highway wide modern race tracks and the ridiculously tight, no passing tracks of old.

Their recent track design doesn't massively inspire me though, some very bizarre design choices in many of the GT Sport fictional tracks, top of the list being the desolate, grey walled Tokyo tracks and the bizarre Alsace track which just seems like they accidentally scaled the road up 300% when they were finished. It's a two lane road as wide as a highway.

I agree, the right middle point for a track width is the one used for Circuito de la Sierra in GT 6, I even think it is sometimes too wide.

So I'd like very much that track to come back, with the silly jumps removed.

I think as others mentioned absolutely as long as they are a part of a larger variety that includes real world spec tracks.

as far as the width, they should be 1:1 with their real world counterparts. GT 7 isn’t (hopefully) GT Sport 2, we can have skinny tracks that are difficult to pass. As long as they are implemented in a fun way through the proper events (and have suitable smaller cars included in the game.)

Side note is there are many cars that don’t have a proper “home” in GT Sport. I don’t think we should view every track in a main GT title through the lens of “How does this race in a GT3 car?” There’s a lot more fun with a variety of cars and locations and event types than only that.

Side note is there are many cars that don’t have a proper “home” in GT Sport. I don’t think we should view every track in a main GT title through the lens of “How does this race in a GT3 car?” There’s a lot more fun with a variety of cars and locations and event types than only that.

Every track is good for GT3 racing if you are brave enough. ;)

Macaucrash.png

Could we have some best motoring tracks like The Touge time attack course maybe? Tsukuba is already there but kinda slow if you got a melon of a car, It would be fun as it would feel like rally-cross or rallying but on tarmac around twistys of the games home country? :D

877a95aeec25423eb0c8aafa12beb77f.jpg

Back