Should tight city circuits make a comeback?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by Bilungo14, Aug 22, 2020.

?

Should tight city circuits make a comeback?

1. Yes

78.7%
  2. Yes, but not as tight as in previous games

11.1%
  3. No

10.2%
  1. Bilungo14

Bilungo14

Circuits like Cita di Aria and Amalafi Coast were my favorites and still are to this day. Should pd bring back those types of circuits back with Gran Turismo 7?

Johan, p78, super_gt and 9 others like this.
  2. eran0004

eran0004

Yes. And I wouldn’t mind some tight countryside roads either, kind of like this:

Johan, V1LR-GUE10, ToyGTone and 17 others like this.
  3. 05XR8

05XR8

For sure. Those roads have their place. Just like Pike's Peak and Goodwood.

The two circuits mentioned in the op, should become point to point.
    They'd make good challenging TT courses.

Ddkklop, ProjectF, KinLM and 3 others like this.
  4. Tricky Vega

Tricky Vega

Yes definitly !

Actually I do think they should be more "real world" oriented to get the essence of driving "normal" cars (N classes).

It feels stupid to drive a Peugeot 208 gti on a GP track, but magically it becomes absolute honey on a narrow and sinuous mountain road.

Ddkklop, ProjectF, yas and 5 others like this.
  5. MIE1992

MIE1992

I think they can be fun with slower cars, much like Tsukuba.

Ddkklop, Bilungo14, brocp and 3 others like this.
  6. Shingo_civic

Shingo_civic

Not only tight city tracks,would be nice to have also some touge courses (i don't understand how GT never had this type of tracks since Kaz himself in the past raced in this places and probably all the people at PD know very well this car culture). In my opinion these are the best type of tracks for low powered cars

7. Samus

Samus

On the one hand they were fun to drive, on the other hand they're useless for racing. It's why I dislike so many of the tracks in the latest GRID game, all the tight street circuits that are poorly designed for clean racing. You either barge your way through or you don't overtake, those are the only options.

So personally I'd only want them spending time on tracks like that once they've already got a good handful of tracks you can race on first. Make those a bonus on top, if you have the time.

8. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

I would love to see the street courses from GT4 remastered in 4K.

p78, Baka_Marimo, GTR365 and 6 others like this.
  9. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

I would put it a long long way down the priority list. There's not enough tracks that you can actually race on as is, that needs to be well and truly covered first before they start indulging in tracks that are only good for hotlapping.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  10. 05XR8

05XR8

Even though it's follow the leader, I think Monaco would be entertaining once in a while for an FIA race. Just like real life, it depends on qualifying and possibly pit stop strategy.

Light damage would play a role. Regardless of a numpty being dirty. I feel, keeping someone honest for the race duration, while leading or following, is an exciting experience at street circuits.

Elitekilla29 and Bilungo14 like this.
  11. NickXP

NickXP

They definitely should come back. They would be great for RP lobbies

max0426 and GTR365 like this.
  12. KinLM

KinLM

Ive never seems this. What even is this and how was it accessed?

13. eran0004

eran0004

It looks like the demo scene that can be seen in some trailers. I presume that it was accessed through a hacked console, but I don’t really know. It looks good though, I wish they would make it an actual track :D

ProjectF and KinLM like this.
  14. 05XR8

05XR8

It was copied from the original original real driving simulator

15. Satomiblood

Satomiblood

I hate that there’s no official way to access this “track.”

16. wagnerFAM98

wagnerFAM98

It is a demo track that was used to showcase the cars from the February and March 2018 updates on the main menu.

After the March 2018 update, PD got rid of it and moved to some Scapes locations to showcase the cars.

17. queleuleu

queleuleu

Yes yes and yes. Tracks are often too wide for slow cars. The same problem for Forza Horizon, roads are too wide. How am I supposed to enjoy my Kei car if every track is like Le Mans.

Duppy Gee and Shingo_civic like this.
  18. Castrol96

Castrol96

Wide track tend tp get boring IMO with just using Apex and breaking points...

Narrow circuits are more immersive even with slower cars and getting that chance to overtake.

Shingo_civic and KinLM like this.
  19. Gtsport28

Gtsport28

at present no! or only in time attack because of the current penalty!

20. Samus

Samus

Like most things, PD could probably find a nice middle ground between the highway wide modern race tracks and the ridiculously tight, no passing tracks of old.

Their recent track design doesn't massively inspire me though, some very bizarre design choices in many of the GT Sport fictional tracks, top of the list being the desolate, grey walled Tokyo tracks and the bizarre Alsace track which just seems like they accidentally scaled the road up 300% when they were finished. It's a two lane road as wide as a highway.

21. Tricky Vega

Tricky Vega

I agree, the right middle point for a track width is the one used for Circuito de la Sierra in GT 6, I even think it is sometimes too wide.

So I'd like very much that track to come back, with the silly jumps removed.

Duppy Gee likes this.
  22. juanffy18

juanffy18

Looks fun for a Time Trial or Rally stage

23. AlanH49

AlanH49

I always enjoyed the Alps tracks and various French/Italian village stages.

Great fun for hotlapping in road and rally cars.

nickf1gr and Animedeaf like this.
  24. Duppy Gee

Duppy Gee

Touge track for tuners. Who can build the fastest S2000? I'm in

Shingo_civic likes this.
  25. sesven

sesven

I think as others mentioned absolutely as long as they are a part of a larger variety that includes real world spec tracks.

as far as the width, they should be 1:1 with their real world counterparts. GT 7 isn’t (hopefully) GT Sport 2, we can have skinny tracks that are difficult to pass. As long as they are implemented in a fun way through the proper events (and have suitable smaller cars included in the game.)

Side note is there are many cars that don’t have a proper “home” in GT Sport. I don’t think we should view every track in a main GT title through the lens of “How does this race in a GT3 car?” There’s a lot more fun with a variety of cars and locations and event types than only that.

26. MroczMR

MroczMR

Every track is good for GT3 racing if you are brave enough. ;)

[​IMG]

27. juanffy18

juanffy18

I really hate that track in the motorcycles game Ride

28. JoeDaSnow

JoeDaSnow

This is definitely a must. It should feel like a trip down memory lane.

29. ZEE

ZEE

Could we have some best motoring tracks like The Touge time attack course maybe? Tsukuba is already there but kinda slow if you got a melon of a car, It would be fun as it would feel like rally-cross or rallying but on tarmac around twistys of the games home country? :D

[​IMG]

30. 05XR8

05XR8

If you haven't, get to go voting.:tup:
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gunma-cycle-sports-complex-gunsai.298003/