Show Your Drift Cars

• Thread starter Roors
  • 9,360 comments
Thank you, but i'm not a photographer although i would like to get into it eventually. Yea i couldn't agree more, I don't know if it's just me or what but i see the Mk4 as a more iconic car then the Mk3

I do like the Mk4 quite a bit, but I think it's pretty played out and overrated at the same time. The Mk3 is probably actually the superior platform for anything but drag racing. Definitely surprising that they went with it over the 4...but I was kind of happily surprised, just because it was unexpected. Would have liked to see both though, ideally.

Nice collection ya got there Rich.

I also have an FC, but I don't know if I'm really feelin the style...

130935357.jpg

130935359.jpg

Here's a few pics I shot at Formula D NJ last year... good times.

127015877.jpg

127015878.jpg

127015881.jpg

127015897.jpg

127015884.jpg

I do like the Mk4 quite a bit, but I think it's pretty played out and overrated at the same time. The Mk3 is probably actually the superior platform for anything but drag racing. Definitely surprising that they went with it over the 4...but I was kind of happily surprised, just because it was unexpected. Would have liked to see both though, ideally.

Yea... the mk3 is a little bit lighter and handles better... but you can't deny that the mkIV is iconic. The motor was a tank and could handle SOOOO much power. Just think of the videos you've seen over the years of mkIV supras in top speed runs in the Wangan... it's almost as iconic as the R34.

heres my newest drifter. still working on the suspension, its got a load more power than my 240SX though! biggest corner so far is 8000

TsukubaCircuit.jpg

Lucerne-ChapelBridge.jpg

so i tried getting the wheels to blur but nothing, i played with every setting and it didnt do a thing. what exact settings is it?

Yea... the mk3 is a little bit lighter and handles better... but you can't deny that the mkIV is iconic. The motor was a tank and could handle SOOOO much power. Just think of the videos you've seen over the years of mkIV supras in top speed runs in the Wangan... it's almost as iconic as the R34.

Oh certainly. The JZA80 Supra/BNR34 Skyline rivalry was one of the all time greats :)

so i tried getting the wheels to blur but nothing, i played with every setting and it didnt do a thing. what exact settings is it?

shutter speed. When you're looking at the values under the viewfinder, I think it's the one furthest to the left, it'll be the only one displayed as a fraction (X/XXX) indicating the length of time in seconds that the shutter will remain open.

Shutter speed... select something like 1/60 or 1/125... and select panning mode 3.

That first shot.. the car looks parked, with smoke coming out the back.

I was drifting with the Ford Mustang Mach 1 , What a challenge keeping it true . Worse than most FR cars its only good because getting it sideways just requires a dab of throttle and a good line. :dunce:

hay, its nice to see some love for pick up trucks! ive got a couple of buddies at work that are constantly drifting their F250s around corners, its awesome to see.

its just a shame they dont have any of the diesels in, I had heard it was planned originally but they were dropped. nothing beats a 1000hp Duramax for uncontrollable wheel spins

Red Subaru Race Mod...
5242402063_13d5264a9d_z.jpg

Blue Subaru Race Mod...
5242401859_c8b374e347_z.jpg

Mach 1 Mustang
5242402019_89e6a21beb_z.jpg

1971 240Z .. pure awesome... and man does it photo well for a standard or what?
5242996524_4d2dd182aa_z.jpg

1991 RX-7
5242996410_7ed1f4562d_z.jpg

Back