SNAIL Holiday Event Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2016-9-4_15-47-43.png

Last thursday was a good warm-up. There's room to push harder... I'll try to beat my Total time by 40sec(personnal goal for the night).

It would be great if you could get the room open closer to 6:00, even earlier would be better to allow practice time.

I'm sure some people will join super early to drive and get fuel out of their cars just to be lighter for qualifying. Or will that reset when qualifying starts?
It will reset when quali starts.... also when the race starts.

Confirming will be racing tonight. What are the rules for the tires since SM are the main tire to use and SS is an option tire?

Last edited:
Confirming will be racing tonight. What are the rules for the tires since SM are the main tire to use and SS is an option tire?

I just used the F1 terminology where prime is the harder tire and option is the softer tire. You can decide which tire you want to start with first. As long as you use both compounds without mixing them.

If you do 1 pit stop you can put any one on first

If you do two pit stops you will probably want to run two stints with the soft and one with the medium tires

It would be great if you could get the room open closer to 6:00, even earlier would be better to allow practice time.

I'm sure some people will join super early to drive and get fuel out of their cars just to be lighter for qualifying. Or will that reset when qualifying starts?

I can have it open at 6,...gettin out of work earlier now

Reminders:
1. You can do free practice while we wait for all to join
2. If you DC during Qually we will complete the qually and then stop the race. We will then manually line up with the those who disconnected forming up at the back of the grid (Remember to take qually of)
2.If you DC during the race... it sucks, but we cant stop

Race starts in-game time 6:30 AM with 8X time progression

Weather fixed

1 mandatory pitstop

1 mandatory tire type change

Looks like it should be good to go. We can wait until 9:35 just to make sure we have all the late comers

Thanks everyone who raced. It was quite an experience. Few good battles here and there, some between different drivers, others just a battle with the track itself. The Green Monster remains a challenge. Here are the basic results. You can do your own comparisons and deductions, but Room 2 had a close qualifier between the first three drivers.

Some of us found out that you can't get gas an tires on the "last lap" after the counter reached zero. I personally think it is a glitch in the game and it certainly cost me dearly. Half a lap at 50 mph takes a long time....
upload_2016-9-4_23-44-26.png

Thanks everyone who raced. It was quite an experience. Few good battles here and there, some between different drivers, others just a battle with the track itself. The Green Monster remains a challenge. Here are the basic results. You can do your own comparisons and deductions, but Room 2 had a close qualifier between the first three drivers.

Some of us found out that you can't get gas an tires on the "last lap" after the counter reached zero. I personally think it is a glitch in the game and it certainly cost me dearly. Half a lap at 50 mph takes a long time....

Thanks for arranging the event @Rednose58 . It was a fun way for me to get back into sunday racing after a month or so off. :bowdown::bowdown:

Defending & Attacking

• An experienced racer will take whatever line he feels necessary into any given corner in order to defend & maintain his place, he is entitled to do so as he has track position over the pursuing driver, remember that the fastest line is not always the winning one. It is the other chaps job to force him into an error, whilst still driving cleanly of course, or wait for one to occur naturally & then take advantage of it, albeit in the proper fashion. An inexperienced racer will, in his endless optimism, tend to stuff it up the inside at every unavailable opportunity when trying to pass, imagining he is driving well but making far too much contact & causing many unnecessary incidents. Also, some lacking in good racecraft tend to drive right up to & into the driver in front, as they do not have the common sense to adjust their throttle & braking to account for following in the slipstream of another. You will notice that drivers who have good racecraft make very little contact when following & passing others on track.

"That's all I have to say about that."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back