Somebody Paid $101,336 For A Virtual F1 Car

I... don't think this will pan out as an investment. Speaking as someone who knows only as much as the article tells me about whatever this game is. Not surprised something like this has happened as it's been going on for years, but could it at least come with a scale model?

I thought we had reached peak stupidity when Playstation Home was released and people were paying for virtual hats. Obviously I was terribly wrong.

You've probably never heard of the Star Citizen Legatus Pack then either, which now seems ridiculously cheap in comparison.

More Money Than Sense.jpg

Last edited:
09E282: I bought the most expensive virtual F1 car
Anonymous friend: Wow, really? :eek:

One hour later

09E282: It crashed. :(
Anonymous friend: Wow, really, you crashed your very expensive virtual F1 car? But .... why is that a problem?
09E282: Not my F1 car. My HDD crashed. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

This is along the lines of rare cars in GT Sport. I thought if there were a GT Sport market place, only one Lamborghini Miura would be in existence. Twelve Lamborghini Venenos, etc. It has actually happened.

Why buy a virtual car instead of a real car? Im pretty sure there are a lot of good cars for 100k dollars.
Resell Value when price/value is high.

Imagine buying a stock in a stock market. This Blockchain thing is essentially it but with Cryptocurrency, in this case ETHreum.

Why buy a virtual car instead of a real car? Im pretty sure there are a lot of good cars for 100k dollars.

I imagine that someone with enough money to spend on this sort of thing already owns multiple real cars. Possibly very nice ones.

What's the saying... a fool and his money are easily parted.

Now, in 8 months when no one is playing this game, buyer's remorse will fully kick in.

I imagine that someone with enough money to spend on this sort of thing already owns multiple real cars. Possibly very nice ones.
Even if I would swim in a money pool still I wouldnt waste my money on a virtual car.

Because people who get obsessed with cryptocurrency are convinced that it's going to destroy physical money Any Day Now, despite years of evidence to the contrary, and are prone to making bad financial decisions as a result.

Back