"Something Big" is Happening With Assetto Corsa on February 21

• Thread starter Joe-dogs
  • 120 comments
I'm 98% sure it's gonna be an eSports event of some kind. Too early for a new game, ultimate edition is already announced and not significant enough to be on a countdown, and they just registered the domain name competition so...

My money is on AC Competizione. I'm confinced this is the sequel. If we will see anything from the new game is another story. Maybe there will be just a teaser announcement or some lofty promises by some overly excited italian guys. On the other hand, they surely know how to create awesome trailers, so we might see something freaking cool?!

Another thing to keep in mind: work on the PC version of Assetto stopped one month ago.
https://steamdb.info/app/244210/history/

That makes me think It's something that 1. Didn't require any work on the current AC structure or 2. Will be based on a separate game (and I'm leaning towards this).

Nice to see actual proof of them stopping pc development. and i'm leaning to option # 2 as well: separate platform to build another project on.

Too early for a new game,
Definitely.

Unless it's a proper rating based online mode with seasons, and daily/weekly races (like iR, and GTS to some degree) I'm not interested in whatever "big" might happen.

Unless it's a proper rating based online mode with seasons, and daily/weekly races (like iR, and GTS to some degree) I'm not interested in whatever "big" might happen.

IMO its gonna be something in those lines you wrote : their version of "e-sports" and propably,like PD did, a "copy" of the iRacing system.Unless they will somehow manage to bring a better model (I really dont think so btw).

1. We know they stopped working on AC.
2. An Ultimate Edition is announced, which is the end of a games lifecycle.
3. The domain "Assetto Corsa Competizione" (awesome title btw) was registered.

Connect the dots and I m sure this will be the announcement of a new AC title, possibly on the same engine but more esports/online focused. Or an entirely new title. Either way, Kunos will most probably get my money for it, they gave us so much quility and extra stuff with the first one.

Maybe official announcement of Ferrari partnership of eSports team or competition. Wouldn't be surprised as every one is jumping on the bandwagon these days to stay relevant.

However, deep down I'm hoping their announcement of AC2 with more polished graphics (inc. UI and UX), improvements on their physics engine, track and car offerings and more importantly a proper online component needs major overhaul.

Makes sense business sense develop AC2 so that it can be cross-platform and cut out middle man (505 Games) with all the issues with PS4/XBox version.

Makes sense business sense develop AC2 so that it can be cross-platform and cut out middle man (505 Games) with all the issues with PS4/XBox version.
that's been already confirmed. every version will be built upon the same ui for maximum parity (if that's what you meant). 505, by the way, is just the publisher. kunos developed pc and console versions.

Since Kunos Simulazioni was sold to Digital Bros, who own 505 I highly doubt that.
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunos_Simulazioni and https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSFWN1FA0IA

Completely forgotten about them being sold to Digital Bros.

that's been already confirmed. every version will be built upon the same ui for maximum parity (if that's what you meant). 505, by the way, is just the publisher. kunos developed pc and console versions.

Always thought that 505 Games was responsible for porting the game the consoles :P

Either way, if there's AC 2 coming really do hope that it will be a more polished game and be able to launch with all the existing contents.

A new Ferrari Virtual Academy game wouldn't be bad and It could finally give them a reason to release the Fiorano test track (showed multiple times in their trailers).
Maybe Ferrari Virtual Academy will be part of the new game mode similar to what GT Sport have. :lol:

I remember that Marco M. said in an interview once that eSport is interesting, but that the game needs to be build with that in mind, from the ground up, to do it properly. I guess AC Competizione will do just that.

I bet on a GTS/iracing clone. Same assets cars tracks physics ffb with completely new and more optimized graphics engine and ui and expanded online capabilities.

GRID GIRLS! that's the big news. GRID girls are coming.

Whilst it is Kunos, it is not really the Kunos team as they just sub contracted a team temporarily. I wonder if they will continue with that team in the future.

GRID GIRLS! that's the big news. GRID girls are coming.
Whilst it is Kunos, it is not really the Kunos team as they just sub contracted a team temporarily. I wonder if they will continue with that team in the future.
as far as i know, they're part of kunos. Alessandro, the main console dev, during a conference said:
"Our team is made of about 25 people, but the core team is smaller, about 15 people. Some times, we do a few Skype calls with other 7-8 guys. That's "the core of the core". To me it sounds like they're part of the team, not just some guys hired along the way only to develop the console versions.

Source: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...evelopment-conference-video-transcript.44497/ (Credit to user 'ZX636' for the full translation)

A new Ferrari Virtual Academy game wouldn't be bad and It could finally give them a reason to release the Fiorano test track (showed multiple times in their trailers).
Wish kunos added the 458 challenge from FVA

as far as i know, they're part of kunos. Alessandro, the main console dev, during a conference said:
"Our team is made of about 25 people, but the core team is smaller, about 15 people. Some times, we do a few Skype calls with other 7-8 guys. That's "the core of the core". To me it sounds like they're part of the team, not just some guys hired along the way only to develop the console versions.

Source: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...evelopment-conference-video-transcript.44497/ (Credit to user 'ZX636' for the full translation)

Wish kunos added the 458 challenge from FVA
Marco has always spoken about them as a temp team. Basically they have nothing to do with the actual game. They just port. Of course that could have changed since the take over.

I hope it isn't another eSports thing. I personally don't care for eSports. Dirt 4 is doing the same kind of thing. Everyone seems to be jumping on the bandwagon, some of which is way late to the game.

Like I said when the Competizione name was discovered last week, I'm thinking it could be a major online event within the existing game. It could also be a new title, but I don't see why they would announce another game before the Ultimate Edition releases in April. That would seem counterproductive from a business standpoint. We'll see when the teased day comes. Anyway, I'm currently more interested in the PS4 version getting fixed after the game-breaking update.

I remember that Marco M. said in an interview once that eSport is interesting, but that the game needs to be build with that in mind, from the ground up, to do it properly. I guess AC Competizione will do just that.

This interview with simracinggirl @9:00 he briefly touches on esports.

Last edited:
Another countdown to an announcement. So its news now to say were saying somthing. Hey guys we have some news that there will be some news.

Back