South Park ThreadTV 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 191 comments
You have to wonder what the remainder of the season is going to be like. Will everything just go back to normal?

Maybe the show will be about Randy from now on.

the ending suprised me maybe next episode they will find a cure for being a cynical a$$****

You have to wonder what the remainder of the season is going to be like. Will everything just go back to normal?

I saw Trey Parker and Matt Stone on The Daily Show and they said they have been asked about this a lot. Their answer: We don't know. We'll figure it out when we make the next episode next fall, about a week before it airs.

All they know that happened for sure is that they talked Comedy Central into allowing them to say s--- and promised they wouldn't abuse it, and then made this episode three weeks later.

They only have a contract through season 15, which they are in the middle of right now.

Besides, Matt Stone has not written or directed an episode since 2007 now. I feel like they're going to finish this season off and go out on top.

Honestly, I'd rather just see it end than turn into the joke that the new Simpsons episodes have become...they should have pulled the plug over 10 years ago now.

Besides, Matt Stone has not written or directed an episode since 2007 now.
Well, they did just open an award-winning Broadway musical, which takes years to pull together after it has been written. Since they do other stuff I don't read too much into absences by one of them.

They claim they love South Park and want to do it forever, but we will see. Comedy Central doesn't need them like they used to.

..except Muhammad.

Because they didn't want to get sued by a bent out of shape Muslim, especially after seeing what the Dane's had to go through.

And that's coming from a Muslim.

Trivia: The Prophet Muhammad was already shown on an episode in which he was a part of the "Super Friends" or something like that, and helped Jesus and other religious figures kill a giant stone statue of Lincoln (they created a giant stone statue John Wilkes Booth...odd enough).

Perhaps one of the greatest episodes in cartoon history.

South Park signed for two more years after this fall.

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/07/20/south-park-renewed-through-2013-season-15-returns-in-october/

Time to unzip your parka and crack open a big bag of Cheesey Poofs: 'South Park' is coming back in a big way!

Fresh off the show winning its 11th Emmy nomination last week, it's been confirmed that the second half of Season 15 will premiere on Comedy Central October 5th.

And fans who'd worried that this season could be the last can rest easy. 'Entertainment Weekly' has confirmed that creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone have signed up through 2013 -- two more seasons -- with Comedy Central.

Parker and Stone prompted rumors they were calling it quits on 'South Park' after they alluded to a possible end to the series during June's mid-season finale. 'You're Getting Old' saw Stan Marsh (gasp!) turn 10 years old and start grappling with some of the bigger issues that arise from growing up.

Plus, the runaway success of their stage musical 'Book of Mormon' -- which won nine Tony Awards earlier this year -- led many to surmise that the potty-mouthed kids' days were numbered.

Last week 'South Park' was nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Animated Program for the episode 'Crack Baby Athletic Association.' The show last won an Emmy in 2009 for the Season 13 episode 'Margaritaville.'

The second half of Season 15 will have seven new episodes. Who knows what awaits the 'South Park' kids over the next two and a half seasons? Maybe Parker and Stone will continue the themes explored in 'You're Getting Old' and actually get Cartman and the gang into high school or even further beyond.

The new series so far has been stellar IMO. Still lovin' South Park. Not relying on random segments but surprisingly deep plots. :lol:

I can't believe South Park hasn't gotten stale yet. It keeps getting BETTER. Unlike the Simpsons and Family Guy which got pretty old after 10 years.

I like South Park better when they're doing a parody of pop culture. When they try to make these random new stories, I get bored out of my mind.

I like the 2nd half of this season so far, lots of LOL moments for me;) 15th season last episode ahead of us and the trailer is on.

BTW has anyone of you seen 6 days to air? It´s a new documentary about making of south park and I loved it! Here´s trailer:

Definately advisable for south park fans.

What do you think about the 16th season so far? For me it's a bit of a disappointment, but I guess it's because the 15th season was so good;) Looks like it gets harder to live up to the expectations of the fans for Matt an Trey.
BTW what's up with that San Diego jokes/song in Butterballs episode? I didn't get it:dunce::D

LOL, that San Diego joke was awesome. It was making fun of the guy who made the Kony 2012 video. He was found doing 'that stuff' on the streets of San Diego.

Yeah the whole episode was a parody of the Kony video, so the ending was a parody of the creator. Loved that bit – of course I recognized all the places/attractions they were showing. :D

Good so far I was a little worried watching the first episode as that was kinda weak but cash for gold and faith hilling were brilliant! Havent seen the others yet...

What do you think about the 16th season so far? For me it's a bit of a disappointment, but I guess it's because the 15th season was so good;) Looks like it gets harder to live up to the expectations of the fans for Matt an Trey.
BTW what's up with that San Diego jokes/song in Butterballs episode? I didn't get it:dunce::D

No way. So far this is better than the 15th season. Here's the list of episodes from the 15th season, I've bolded the good ones:

Season 15
================
HumancentiPad
Funnybot
Royal Pudding
T.M.I.
Crack Baby Athletic Association
City Sushi
You're Getting Old" (Part 1)
Ass Burgers" (Part 2)
The Last of the Meheecans
Bass to Mouth
Broadway Bro Down
1%
A History Channel Thanksgiving
The Poor Kid

Episodes from this season:

Season 16
================
Reverse Cowgirl
Cash for Gold
Faith Hilling
Jewpacabra
Butterballs
I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining

No way. So far this is better than the 15th season. Here's the list of episodes from the 15th season, I've bolded the good ones:

Season 15
================
HumancentiPad
Funnybot
Royal Pudding
T.M.I.
Crack Baby Athletic Association
City Sushi
You're Getting Old" (Part 1)
Ass Burgers" (Part 2)
The Last of the Meheecans
Bass to Mouth
Broadway Bro Down
1%
A History Channel Thanksgiving
The Poor Kid

Episodes from this season:

Season 16
================
Reverse Cowgirl
Cash for Gold
Faith Hilling
Jewpacabra
Butterballs
I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining

You're putting it in a ''what I like is good'' way. But thanks for your opinion. BTW last two episodes (ziplining and cartman finds love) were great!
Cheers

Just watched the last lot of the 1st half of the season. 'I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining' was great! Im pleasantly surprised south park still makes me laugh and their stories most of the time remain fresh and new :)

So, has anyone seen the newest episode? I thought it was hilarious, I LOL'd at the Alec Baldwin ad.

I saw it, makes me wonder what next week's episode will be about.

The wait is over, and last night's episode was pretty funny IMO. I'm surprised Kenny survived it though.

When you think about how much ground they cover in an episode like that, it's fairly astonishing. They were absolutely brutal to:

- The Redskins
- Rodger Goodell
- Native Americans
- Kickstarter (Go Fund Yourself... awesome)
- Startup Companies
- Jerry Jones
- People who fund kickstarter companies
- Product release conferences

Great line: "It's that weird little Jewy Guy"

Brilliant episode, this season is gonna be good :mischievous: Does anyone know if they're doing any of the 'week to air' episodes this season? For those who don't know, for the past few seasons selected episodes have been written and made just a week before the episode airs! I don't think there's many shows that could do that and pull it off

Brilliant episode, this season is gonna be good :mischievous: Does anyone know if they're doing any of the 'week to air' episodes this season? For those who don't know, for the past few seasons selected episodes have been written and made just a week before the episode airs! I don't think there's many shows that could do that and pull it off
Judging by some of the topics they covered it looks like they did this one within a couple of weeks.

Based on the documentary I saw on them the one week creation process is becoming more and more common as it is mainly due to them not having anything prepared in advance. Basically, they are reacting to the world around them and a slow news week slows them down.

Judging by some of the topics they covered it looks like they did this one within a couple of weeks.

Based on the documentary I saw on them the one week creation process is becoming more and more common as it is mainly due to them not having anything prepared in advance. Basically, they are reacting to the world around them and a slow news week slows them down.

:lol:

Is that doc you mention the one where they're making the Human Centipad episode? I think it's on one of the dvd extras, I saw it at a friends. Also was it last season or the season before where an episode had to be postponed because of a huge powercut? And they showed the Scott Tenorman Must Die episode instead

I thought this episode was especially funny because I had a huge pancake craving and discovered that Denny's does all you can eat pancakes for four bucks. I posted about it on facebook. Pancakes are my absolute favorite sweet thing.

So when Cartman had his dreams and was lamenting over the loss of pancakes I was hysterical.

It was also pretty funny to me because I have a friend from college who is EXACTLY like what they portray at the party at the end. Instead of snacking on chips or something, he'll eat sticks of butter because he's paleo. And the party scene had his name in huge letters when it started. :lol:

Also, did anyone notice the GF easter eggs on all the names of the gluten free people in the credits? This episode was great because it completely captures the neuroses of Matt and Trey. You can tell they reached inwards where often the best comedy is made.

edit: Hey, when does Butters burn down the gymnasium? Is this a reference to The Stick of Truth?

Last edited:
Back