Spa and/or DLC cars in the next seasonal events?

  • Thread starter Thread starter oboe67
  • 46 comments
  • 6,703 views
Messages
265
Messages
oboe67
This is totally speculative, but would you think PD will showcase their new DLC contents in the next set of seasonal events?
 
Is it true that you can't use Spa online? If so, why even bother with the DLC track pack. Seriously PD, it can't be that hard to add a online track.
 
What would the point of the track DLC if it couldn't be used online?

I think there is a slight possibility of Seasonal races with the new DLC. It probably just won't let anyone who doesn't have the DLC in.
 
Is it true that you can't use Spa online? If so, why even bother with the DLC track pack. Seriously PD, it can't be that hard to add a online track.

Link?
 
I was wondering how PS/Sony would get around the issue of those who have DLC & those who do not,as it was bound to have a affect on online racing.

Unlike the limited ed cars this all new content from the way I understand it & not just unlocked content.

Sure PD have made a lot of updates to the online code over the last months so maybe there is a filter in place.

I can not remember If any other racing game as a way around the issues of diffrent content maybe Rfactor with all the diffrent mods but even that was hit or miss.


As I will not be getting DLC I will find out soon enough.
 
DLC is already in game (came with Spec2) and as such if you do not have DLC you can still race on DLC tracks if host of lobby has it...
 
I just got offline with a buddy from down-under we ran at Spa for over an hour, so you can go online with it....

Indy
 
Would be nice to have a seasonal on Spa.

But I doubt that will happen.
Otherwise everybuddy would be able to drive Spa all the time and no-one would buy the DLC anymore.

Maybe they can do a Seasonal for a short period of time, like they where in the beginning. 👍
 
We need a seasonal endurance for spa , if only it had time change:(
 
Dazi
We need a seasonal endurance for spa , if only it had time change:(

Spa does have a Time/Weather Change track.
 
Would be nice to have a seasonal on Spa.

But I doubt that will happen.
Otherwise everybuddy would be able to drive Spa all the time and no-one would buy the DLC anymore.

Maybe they can do a Seasonal for a short period of time, like they where in the beginning. 👍

It would be unfair if people who didn´t buy the pack can play spa all the time.

Mby only the people who have the dlc will be able to play this kind of seasonal. Others get the message "Gimme 12€ first" when they want to enter it :D
 
0 chance of seasonal event on spa, I would bet on it.
 
The tracks on the Track Pack can be used online. Only thing is required is the host having purchased the pack, the other 15 racers don't need the buy it...
Since yesterday people mainly from Japan are hosting sessions in Spa and many people already tried the track without purchasing it, by this way.

I don't see why not using Spa or the nem Kart track in a Seasonal, if PD wants to, the tracks are already downloaded in the consoles with the 2.0 update, purchasing the pack gives you the code to put them available in Practice and Online Lounge, in the Seasonal PD can put every track they want...
 
First off, I will never buy DLC for any game (I see it for the rip off that it is), but if PD wanted to promote Spa then a seasonal event would be the perfect way.

The obvious way would be by having a fixed car and setup (like the Special events) or a very limited choice (eg Ferrari F1) and/or making it available only for a short time (eg one week like the X1 event). That would give people a taster of the track by using it in a very limited mode.

But based on PD's track record (excuse the pun), I would not hold my breath.
 
It would be unfair if people who didn´t buy the pack can play spa all the time.

Mby only the people who have the dlc will be able to play this kind of seasonal. Others get the message "Gimme 12€ first" when they want to enter it :D

naw, they don't need to buy the whole package just the trackpack for $4.99
👍

sounds like you're on to something :D
 
Seasonal with the new cars only, on Spa, Monza and Suzuka. You didn't bought the DLC? No access for you. Not even the excisting tracks. With 200% rewards of around 500.000
 
i hope that they do. i think it's good that people that didnt purchase can get a taste online; however i do not think it is fair if they could access Spa in a seasonal without purchase. otherwise i won't be buying DLC in the future.
 
i hope that they do. i think it's good that people that didnt purchase can get a taste online; however i do not think it is fair if they could access Spa in a seasonal without purchase. otherwise i won't be buying DLC in the future.
If it would be a seasonal for a week I would not be bothered.
It would be a different story if it was a permanent seasonal

I'm still glad I bought the DLC.

Had a great time yesterday doning hotlaps on Spa and the kart tracks
 
Seasonal with the new cars only, on Spa, Monza and Suzuka. You didn't bought the DLC? No access for you. Not even the excisting tracks. With 200% rewards of around 500.000

You would still be able to do it. Remember the Vettel event for 5 million? You didn't need to own the X2010 to do it. The car was automatically provided.

It would work the same way with the new cars and Spa. They are part of Spec 2.0 so they are on everyone's system who has updated.

What better advert for buying the DLC than setting a seasonal up with it?
 
naw, they don't need to buy the whole package just the trackpack for $4.99
👍

sounds like you're on to something :D

I now people don´t need to buy the whole pack and that the track was in the spec 2.0 download. I´m just pointing out that it wouldn´t be nice if everybody can play a spa-like seasonal without paying for it. Online it may be not possible to "block" people from using the track, but in seasonals it should be (like it was with the signature event).

Might sound a bit harsh, but somehow people who bought the pack should be preferred in this case :)
 
To be honest I do not really mind if they release a seasonal event with SPA even for those who did not purchase the dlc track. I just bought it to be able to race in arcade against the AI which now at full strength is just fun. So if now I can earn money in SPA the sooner the better.
 
Spa seasonal would be great! For everyone. 👍
And yes I bought it, but I don't see why this should be handled different than online, maybe they should make it not a permanent seasonal, even more people would buy the track afterwards then probably.💡
I should work for PD I guess...
 
Why can't they do it like Call Of Duty map packs?

If you don't have the DLC unlock you can't enter.

Seems fair.

Also seems likely they delayed a seasonal event for spa to coincide with the USA release date.
 
Spa seasonal would be great! For everyone. 👍
And yes I bought it, but I don't see why this should be handled different than online, maybe they should make it not a permanent seasonal, even more people would buy the track afterwards then probably.💡
I should work for PD I guess...

why would this make people want to buy? they can already race the track online. however, if they get seasonals too, where is the incentive to buy DLC? if this is the case, i just won't bother buying DLC in the future :sly:. things could be worse ;)
 
Last edited:
however, if they get seasonals too, where is the incentive to buy DLC?

Read the rest of the thread. The suggestion most agreed is that Seasonal = taster if it is made as a Special event, ie with a car restriction and only available for a short time, rather than being 'open ended' like the standard ones.
 
I think it would be a good promo for them, and Spa could make a really good seasonal. Would be great for classic race cars IMO.

I've bought the DLC and, yes, a Special Event would be better but I'm not going to cry if Spa was to get left as a permanent seasonal for everyone.

I've had a few runs around Spa in several different cars and I was blown away by just how good this track is. I'm not familiar with it, but it flows nicely and it didn't annoy me, like Nurb GP for example.

I now understand why racing drivers proclaim it as one of the all time great tracks 👍
 
What better advert for buying the DLC than setting a seasonal up with it?
👍
... as I am typing I'm still thinking of a better way to promote the DLC, but yours is quite close I'd say ;)

The only issue I see with the current DLC track content - you actually can race those tracks online w/o having purchased the tracks. In case you have actually purchased the tracks ... well, you can race them in practise mode as in Arcade - what's the deal anyway? If you're into online anyway and do not want to create rooms, but rather join rooms?
 
I only do seasonals as theres no A spec left for me bar the 24 hour races. I am in no rush to buy this track as I have no use for it, I'm not a big fan of online racing or arcade mode, if it came bundled with some decent A spec content then I definately would but until then meh.
 
Back