Spa-Francorchamps is Not in GT Sport (Yet) Because of Licensing Issues

They even rip off people in a wheelchair.

Didn't know this, but one of the things I did appreciate about Spa was that it was concreted all the way around for spectators. You try getting in most of the viewing areas at Silverstone in a wheel chair.

Didn't know this, but one of the things I did appreciate about Spa was that it was concreted all the way around for spectators. You try getting in most of the viewing areas at Silverstone in a wheel chair.
I never thought of it but it's true that wheelchair access must be crappy in many tracks.

I don't know if it's still the case, but most of the spectator space around the Circuit Bugatti (permanent Le Mans track) is not concreted. I remember one of my favorite spot (T7/8) was barely accessible for unfit people (let alone people in wheel chair) as it required to climb on some kind of slippery and steep embankment made of sand and gravel. And the "tribunes" where I was going had only stairs.

I hope these things have been improved or that qt least they get free/reduced ticket for spectators in wheelchair

Cant PD create an older version of Spa (pre updated) and simply list it as a fantasy track? I think many would prefer driving one of the older versions of Spa anyways.

And get sued by spa? Pretty sure they still own the rights to their old layouts. You cant just put in an old version of a track and claim its not the same place.

Neither is a good track. Run off tarmac removes anything good about either of them.

Easy fix for that. Don’t go on it. Spa is fantastic. I’m spending my driving time there in AC lately and just loving it. I’m only turning on GT Sport these days because I feel obligated to do the April gift car data gathering. Two quick laps at SSX and Assetto Corsa Ultimate gets turned on. I’ve got new tracks I want to race on and almost all the Porsches I want! And let’s not forget AC has tremendous physics.

Last edited:
Easy fix for that. Don’t go on it. Spa is fantastic. I spending my diving time there in AC lately and just loving it. I’m only turning on GT Sport these days because I feel obligated to do the April gift car data gathering. Two quick laps at SSX and Assetto Corsa Ultimate gets turned on. I’ve got new tracks I want to race on and almost all the Porsches I want! And let’s not forget AC has tremendous physics.
Take your pick really. Every other actual sim out there has this track. It's interesting how everybody wants to have it in this game when it exists everywhere else and these other actual sims do everything else better but graphics. AI, FFB, Physics, Tuning, race selection options.
GTS has done it's part in Graphics, Livery Editor and taking pictures.

It doesn't matter much if Spa is in GTS or not. It will be in only one "Daily" race, then back to Fuji, Suzuka, Tokyo, etc for the rest of eternity. Since playing AC, it's hard to come back to GTS. I'm just so sick of the same online races all the time.

When it comes to race events, PD does seem to have the imagination of a wet dishcloth! I'd like to see the community involved in creating race events, as there are a lot of talented race event directors over in the online racing forum. I wonder what could they come up with if they were given the chance...

It doesn't matter much if Spa is in GTS or not. It will be in only one "Daily" race, then back to Fuji, Suzuka, Tokyo, etc for the rest of eternity. Since playing AC, it's hard to come back to GTS. I'm just so sick of the same online races all the time.

You know there are FIA races at Bathurst and Autopolis literally today. Tomorrow brings Red Bull Ring & Brands Hatch to Daily Races.

I’m not saying PD is beyond reproach when it comes to their Daily Race selections. But that can be supplemented with Online Lobbies or FIA events or whatever else.

The whole ‘I don’t play GTS anymore because such and such’ is so dang sophomoric, and to me, sounds like nothing more than “Someone please validate my decisions!”

And get sued by spa? Pretty sure they still own the rights to their old layouts. You cant just put in an old version of a track and claim its not the same place.
The only reason they got away with Monaco is because it's literally all city streets.

A bit out of place but ok.

It's interesting how everybody wants to have it in this game when it exists everywhere else and these other actual sims do everything else better but graphics. AI, FFB, Physics, Tuning, race selection options.

But no VR, which is the only thing I really wanted it for.

Interesting point indeed...anyway let's hope they come to agreement very soon...
About Lotus whatever because as the dude from the video said there are far better brands with better cars or cars from existing brands yet be added into the game...

Btw, Spa also has the only media centre I know of that charges for use of the wifi, €40.00 last time I was there.
Wooo :eek::eek::eek: shame on them :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Is he saying anything that wasn't said in the GTplanet article? Even with turning his videos up twice the speed, his dances around the topic and endless ramblings on what could easily be stated as short, simple opinions, are exhausting.

He’s not really stating anything new. He did say, however, that the video was intended for those that haven’t been following the Spa/Lotus stories closely. Basically, people that aren’t on GTPlanet or other similar sites.

Yeah you're right.
Only Spa decided to do this and only to PD.
So the excuse for Silverstone, Laguna Seca etc is?

You all swallow the "it takes months to model each car/track" line so you saying that they couldn't get license but thought it a good idea to spend "months" modelling the track when they didn't think it would be in the game and there's so little content and hundreds of other tracks they could have modelled?

They tried to get away with the minimum content they could but it failed spectacularly.

The damage control is why we got so little content, no offline mode at first, PS2 cars in GT5 & 6 and we are having to race in a mixture of 90s, 2017 and total fantasy cars to make up a group.

Watch this track magically turn up in the next 2 or 3 months when they really get finished modelling it.

Hello.

Not that I'm demanding but the thing is, what will be the point of this thread once it's out already? Unless it becomes updated, saying that Spa is finally available in the game...

6 months later...just gonna point out that's much longer then the 2 Months proposed. Just sayin'

But like it'll matter anyway, Watch this track be enjoyed in public lobbies for a week (Maybe a day or two longer) with ONE appearance in the dailys a week after it comes in the game before its back to the same ol' stuff both in public Lobbies AND in Sport Mode.

For a fanbase that constantly moans about the lack of content (and again ignores various issues in the game while also complaining about PD ignoring various issues in the game), people seem to barely enjoy anything new bought to it.

6 months later...just gonna point out that's much longer then the 2 Months proposed. Just sayin'

But like it'll matter anyway, Watch this track be enjoyed in public lobbies for a week (Maybe a day or two longer) with ONE appearance in the dailys a week after it comes in the game before its back to the same ol' stuff both in public Lobbies AND in Sport Mode.

For a fanbase that constantly moans about the lack of content (and again ignores various issues in the game while also complaining about PD ignoring various issues in the game), people seem to barely enjoy anything new bought to it.
I don’t think there’s any doubt Spa will be one of the top three most popular circuits. Back on AC it was difficult to find any populated lobbies that weren’t Spa, Nurburgring or Silverstone.

I share a similar sentiment, but to my knowledge I think only one or two post-launch tracks have been used well after their initial inclusion in lobbies; Le Mans and Route X, the latter I see lobbies for almost every page when searching for one to join.

But yeah, aside from that, every other track seems to fall back into obscurity...

Spa wont’t come to the game for a while, I reckon PD had license just to have it at live events. It’s not on the schedule in either the Nations or a manufacturer cup this season and we know Tokyo wet is coming sometime before October so why no Spa? I’ve just got a feeling it won’t be hitting our PS4s

Spa wont’t come to the game for a while, I reckon PD had license just to have it at live events. It’s not on the schedule in either the Nations or a manufacturer cup this season and we know Tokyo wet is coming sometime before October so why no Spa? I’ve just got a feeling it won’t be hitting our PS4s
Rofl but doesn't the recent teaser say or suggest otherwise?

We don’t know Tokyo wet is coming before October. If Red Bull Ring is anything to go by Tokyo wet will be a late October/November addition.

There are two unallocated slots in the FIA schedule for early October. It makes most sense they will be Spa. Either way, there’s zero chance licensing has been paid for a tournament and not the full game.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back