Spa-Francorchamps is Not in GT Sport (Yet) Because of Licensing Issues

The position of the director of the Spa is unintelligent, especially against the most successful game of the genre.

Video games are one of the instruments that most popularize motoring and produces fans of cars and circuits.

The concrete example we know is about the popularity of Japanese sports cars, which became very famous after GT and GT2.

If Spa facilitates the spread of your name in a game like GT Sport, it will attract more tourists and curious people to know the circuit. This is logical.

In fact, several circuits have become even more famous and desired by the motoring public was precisely because of the video games.

It is a negative move what Spa's management is doing. Especially at this current moment when GT Sport is gaining a lot of popularity with E-sport, with full support from the FIA.

I'm sure Autopolis will be a much-desired circuit in upcoming racing games, for example.

If Spa is putting difficulties, patience. Get out then! There are already other circuits that wish to be in a very popular game like GT Sport. That is so absolute certainty. After all, it's an advertisement and a marketing for the circuit.

Last edited:
The position of the direction of the Spa is unintelligent, especially against the most successful game of the genre.

Video games are one of the instruments that most popularize motoring and produces fans of cars and circuits.

The concrete example we know is about the popularity of Japanese sports cars, which became very famous after GT and GT2.

If Spa facilitates the spread of your name in a game like GT Sport, it will attract more tourists and curious people to know the circuit. This is logical.

In fact, several circuits have become even more famous and desired by the motoring public was precisely because of the video games.

It is a negative move what Spa's management is doing. Especially at this current moment when GT Sport is gaining a lot of popularity with E-sport, with full support from the FIA.

I'm sure Autopolis will be a much-desired circuit in upcoming racing games, for example.

If Spa is putting difficulties, patience. Get out then! There are already other circuits that wish to be in a very popular game like GT Sport. That is so absolute certainty. After all, it's an advertisement and a marketing for the circuit.
its not uncommon for the car industry to make dumb decisions when it comes to games,they are afraid about damaging their cars in the virtual world to the point of satire.I'm not surprised some track owners have the same stuck up mentality

Its a great track and all, but if the track is that expensive i would take the original tracks over it Any day. And its not as great as tracks like Le Mans and Nurburgring

I suspect that the management of Spa are simply aware of the chance to maximise there income as PD pick up revenue now and in the future through e-sports. License costs will increase for all real world circuits as an inevitable consequence of this development. Spa may be one of the first but won’t be the last.
A great shame that PD don’t think the fee is appropriate. One of, if not the greatest tracks in the world missing certainly lessens the appeal of a game series I have enjoyed since PS1 days.

We’ve always had the “Where’s Spa” comments. But in recent months we’ve had too many insider hints and rumour for this track not to be imminent.

As I said earlier in the thread. I fully expect Spa to show up in the coming months.

We’ve always had the “Where’s Spa” comments. But in recent months we’ve had too many insider hints and rumour for this track not to be imminent.

As I said earlier in the thread. I fully expect Spa to show up in the coming months.

I would have no problems paying for the DLC that included SPA. I know they are trying to work around that but if it's the only option count me in.

Much as I LOVE Spa, (I may have more lifetime sim-laps there than anywhere...), I'm with PD on this. Fair licensing fees are appropriate, and paying an exorbitant fee for one circuit could (would?) embolden other venues to increase their own fees. I'd prefer to have other real world circuits- Sebring and Road America would be two ideal alternatives. There is FIA-precedent for Sebring with the WEC running there...

Honestly I'd just let go of that very small glimmer of hope that Spa will ever end up in the game at this point. If the licensing guys at the track are going to be stingy pains in the neck, then it's really not worth adding in that case.

Like I've been saying, Silverstone is only held in as high a regard as it is because it's European.

As someone who's been there many times, and who'd happily see Silverstone disappear from gaming and from a couple of real-world race calendars, I disagree. There's lots of better tracks in Europe that aren't as revered.. if being European was enough there'd be plenty of other equally requested candidates. It's Britains place in popular motorsport that necessitates that we big-up our only F1 venue, and it's the fact that the armies of F1-fans-but-otherwise-oblivious-to-all-motorsports here back that up simply because it's the only track they've been to, or one of only 2 or 3 they've heard of... it's why Silverstone's own tag line for a while was "because it's Silverstone", and it's because it's been a cornerstone of F1 for such a long time people have been indoctrinated!

Silverstone has its issues but there aren't many tracks that have a section as good as the Silverstone is from Copse to Stowe. Personally I feel the rest of the track has suffered from the updates.

I still want GT's original tracks before any real world tracks though.

Forza 7 just did a Forzathon which is just a 9 lap on Spa and even with Forza's slightly simpler drive model, this track is everything its made out to be. I think Turn10 are just being funny now.

I said before that Forza made me hate and both like old Silverstone and GT5/6 moved me to the updated F1 layout and its not that bad.

I know people hate it and its like Monaco where it has "history" being the home test track for all the F1 teams given all the teams are in the Midlands so with the UK and F1 and British cars and people so central to motorsport and GT then its almost 99% defintely coming.

This whole dilemma kind of makes sense as to why some tracks are DLC in one game, then free in the sequel. I wouldn’t mind having Spa as DLC, we’ve gotten this far with free content starting from GT6 launch, I think PD has enough karma point to make these kind of high license tracks DLC.

Only downside is you give certain people here leverage in the not free additional free content update arguments.

I was very eager for the chance to experience Spa's elevation changes in VR. However this news put me right off. Screw 'em.

Greed will do for Spa what it's doing for F1 - a slow decline into obsolescence.

Now where is Laguna Seca? Because that corkscrew in VR...

Back