Spark-Renault SRT 01E Formula E 2014

• Thread starter jimbo11
  • 32 comments
Spark-Renault_SRT_01_E_%28Formula_E%29.JPG

The car which will be used in Formula E

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spark-Renault_SRT_01E

Was about to suggest this car, but saw it already was, so here's my like/vote! :D

This car is really a must have!

I've been thinking about the GT/FIA announcement and you'd have to say that this car would be a no brainer for the FIA championship as a control car. It'd be relatively easy to provide a full field (one car, 10 liveries) although I don't think many of the tracks can be found in GT6.

May I suggest changing the name of the car to include the "FIA Formula E control car" as it may help get more votes.

Formula E could gain a lot more followers if it is added to Gran Turismo, many people discover new racing series from these games.

SPECIFICATIONS

ENGINE

• Engine : Electric
• Max Power Output: 200 kw (268 BHP)
• Restricted Race Output: 133 kw (178 BHP) + Push to pass 67kw (90 BHP)
• Torque: 140 N.m
• Engine location: Mid

PERFORMANCE
• 0-100 km/h Time = 2.8 secs
• Top Speed = 225 km/h (FIA Limited to protect the motors)

DRIVETRAIN
• Layout Mid engine, Rear-wheel drive system
• 5 Speed sequential transmission

BRAKES
• Regenerative Braking

Range
• 100 km's of Racing

DIMENSIONS
• Weight: 800 kg
• Length: 5000 mm
• Width: 1800 mm
• Height: 1250 mm

Last edited:
SPECIFICATIONS

ENGINE

• Engine : Electric
• Max Power Output: 200 kw (268 BHP)
• Restricted Race Output: 133 kw (178 BHP) + Push to pass 67kw (90 BHP)
• Torque: 140 N.m
• Engine location: Mid

PERFORMANCE
• 0-100 km/h Time = 2.8 secs
• Top Speed = 225 km/h (FIA Limited to protect the motors)

DRIVETRAIN
• Layout Mid engine, Rear-wheel drive system
• 4 Speed sequential transmission

BRAKES
• Regenerative Braking

Range
• 100 km's of Racing

DIMENSIONS
• Weight: 800 kg
• Length: 5000 mm
• Width: 1800 mm
• Height: 1250 mm

I'd suggest the thread starter have this put in the first post. It'll provide a lot of info on the car right from the get go.

hsv
It's only faster than an InterSteps car. :lol:

Only for this year, I think because the series is said to increase as far as technical freedom goes over the next few seasons until it's completely wide-open. Whether Formula E will last long enough to see the fruits of that promise is another question entirely...

Another example of GT making "deals" and Forza making "content". Seeing this and the new Mustang added to Forza's lineup is pretty frustrating.
I see what you mean but surely these deals lead to content. We are yet to see any FIA related content but we see content once per year from Red Bull.

I see what you mean but surely these deals lead to content. We are yet to see any FIA related content but we see content once per year from Red Bull.

Indeed, but the wait leads to high expectations (Like with the Senna content). Whatever is delivered is unlikely to be less than what we've build up in our minds, also what's the point of having the associations if the competition beats you to the punch anyway? Forza's not delivering the world, but what you're getting is ready immediately not months down the track, if at all!

Indeed, but the wait leads to high expectations (Like with the Senna content). Whatever is delivered is unlikely to be less than what we've build up in our minds, also what's the point of having the associations if the competition beats you to the punch anyway? Forza's not delivering the world, but what you're getting is ready immediately not months down the track, if at all!

I would love content now as much as the next guy. However, I would like to see partnerships as they often lead to big things. We haven't seen anything from the FIA partnership apart from a championship and I am waiting to see what will come.

The Formula EF01 was the testbed for the SRT 01E, and the Lola B12-69EV would eat it alive.

I thought it was awesome :D Only the commentators didn't really shut up long enough to let the viewer enjoy the sound of the cars :( Just hope the car will come to GT6... I'll be driving the cr*p out of it :D

I'm a big fan of electric r/c car racing, so the sound of the Formula-e cars was like music to me ^_^

Can't wait get to watch formula e first time today in Australia channel one, on free TV at 1:00pm so excited, would be an awesome addition to gran turismo

Back