Spintires: Mudrunner/snowrunner

Yay, the steering isn't lazy anymore. Now just got to get use to how quick it is. Also seconding the quieter PS4 pro, so nice.

My current trucks:

International Paystar 5070 with a loading crane and flatbed. My go-to atm, kind of tippy though.

International Loadstar 1700 with a pick up chassis. I just use this to find towers and upgrades.

now I’m just saving up for something thay can haul large trailers and pull other trucks with ease.

My advice would be to prioritize the bridge building and rock-slide clearing missions when you come across them. They'll save you a lot of time further down the line and give more options for your routes.

Thanks for the heads up. I actually did that earlier today before delivering the construction rig semi-trailer.

My current trucks:

International Paystar 5070 with a loading crane and flatbed. My go-to atm, kind of tippy though.

International Loadstar 1700 with a pick up chassis. I just use this to find towers and upgrades.

now I’m just saving up for something thay can haul large trailers and pull other trucks with ease.
I'm a fan of the Royal with the small crane, low saddle, and semi flatbed. The truck is heavy enough, it handles the crane with relative ease.

Started playing the game today (post update) and noticed that the tasks are no longer listed under the task menu.

Started playing the game today (post update) and noticed that the tasks are no longer listed under the task menu.
Not sure if they intended it to be this way, but if you go to one, and accept it, it'll show in the list. I had gotten into the habit of doing this a while back. By doing so, you can kick it off whenever you want, without having to drive back to the trigger.

MMX
Not sure if they intended it to be this way, but if you go to one, and accept it, it'll show in the list. I had gotten into the habit of doing this a while back. By doing so, you can kick it off whenever you want, without having to drive back to the trigger.

If this is a fix for the mission system being confusing it's not a good one; now you can no longer see the requirements for Tasks like clearing rockfalls or building bridges unless you drive there, activate the Task, then drive back.

I'll say it again - The fix for the confusing Task system is to make the Tasks, once discovered, behave in the same way as Contracts do:

1. Discover Task (by driving by it or by revealing it using a Watchtower)
2. The Task appears in your Task List but is not active
3. Tasks can be activated via the Task List in the same way Contracts can. If cargo is due to spawn, the action of activating the Task spawns the cargo.
4. To complete the Tasks you pick up and drop off the required cargo/vehicles or reach the required points. All of these are still marked on the map as usual.

No more confusing trigger points for drowned vehicles, no need to drive to a random point to activate a Task that just tells you to drive to 2 points up a mountain, no back and forth for building bridges because you can see the cargo required ahead of time and just deliver it.

Any hints on how to complete the "Cousin Cletus" task in Drummond Island? There's a batch of oil drums at the foot of a cliff with no apparent way of getting down to them.

Any hints on how to complete the "Cousin Cletus" task in Drummond Island? There's a batch of oil drums at the foot of a cliff with no apparent way of getting down to them.
The cable on the small crane is essentially the same as your winch. Run the crane out, if you can get a connection dot on the pallet, connect, and reel it in. Drag it across the ground until you can get it right next to the truck. Watch that you don't tip yourself over.

@Moglet -- I've honestly been kind of holding off on this game expecting them to overhaul the way missions and everything work. In a game that derives its challenge from just getting from A to B, the lack of clarity and utterly random trailer incompatibilities (after bringing the designated saddle) are nuts.

It's also partly self-inflicted because I want to complete Taymyr first but I have not even unlocked any mud/offroad tires yet! I was busy when this game released, and last night was the first time I tried it again since launch week.

Is it me or did the Kahn dlc truck get nerfed fuel capacity? It only holds 40 liters now.

Yep, once I had enough in-game cash I purchased an Azov 64131 and I've been using that for just about everything. In some situations the Azov is too big which is why I'm thinking about purchasing an International Loadstar for scouting.

@Moglet -- I've honestly been kind of holding off on this game expecting them to overhaul the way missions and everything work. In a game that derives its challenge from just getting from A to B, the lack of clarity and utterly random trailer incompatibilities (after bringing the designated saddle) are nuts.

It's also partly self-inflicted because I want to complete Taymyr first but I have not even unlocked any mud/offroad tires yet! I was busy when this game released, and last night was the first time I tried it again since launch week.

That's tough, may the odds be in your favor.

My copy arrived a few days ago. Still only level 5 and while it's been incredibly frustrating at times, I'm really enjoying it. Played around a bit on the North Port Alaska map but just focusing now on getting a few things done on Black River and leveling up first. Hopefully things will get a little bit easier once I hit level 6 and can finally get some halfway decent truck tyres.

I have decided to wait for Phase 1 before playing this any more. Meanwhile, I kind of miss some of the Mudrunner vehicles, I miss the lumber cranes and how intuitive the controls were on console. I miss the tire slip being telegraphed through the controller. I miss the almost spot-on engine sounds, the K5 Blazer sounded like a '70s small block Chevy. The K700 sounded like a Kirovets 700 does also. The Hummer H1 had that 6.2-6.5 GM diesel clatter etc... I think I'm going to fire up Mudrunner for a bit, because Snowrunner, while visually stunning, is just not there yet in the little things it's predecessor excelled at.

I like having an economy, but I’m really not a fan of all the good stuff being locked behind levels. But this is something I’m just tired of with all games tbh.

I also wish I could use my clutch and shifter. But the wheel is a pain in the ass for this game anyway.

I don't mind level progression really. I do find the progression in Snowrunner a little broken though. You struggle with highway tires for 5 levels on most trucks, then at level 6 all terrain tires make things much easier. Then just 2 seemingly short levels later you have off-road tires, and suddenly your White Western Star is almost unstoppable. That seems a little off balance imo.

I like how the leveling is, it gives plenty of options how you want to play the game. But still make the progression rewarding. I am now almost finished with Alaska and i try as many different trucks as i can, and you can set your own difficulty level that way. If there was a real economy there would be a big push to only use the best trucks to get as much money as possible.

It's been about two weeks since I purchased this game. Even with bugs caused by the recent update, I still enjoy playing this game. I just got done unlocking all the maps and hidden upgrades. I have to head back to North Port and unlock one last Watch Tower. I'm currently at level 17 and will finish all of contracts in Michigan before moving onto Alaska then Russia. Although I sold a few trucks, below is a pic of my current fleet of trucks. Some of my trucks are fully upgraded (as much as you can do at level 17) and the rest are stock.

IMG_d99b6528-ce98-42c9-9c34-c9f5bf4f886e.png

There was an update about a couple of hours ago. But couldn't detect any change in the game. Any idea what it was about anybody?

There was an update about a couple of hours ago. But couldn't detect any change in the game. Any idea what it was about anybody?
Probably the hot fix to fix the graphics issue ps4 is having, and possibly the Task list.

the new update fixed the steering issue and the lights actually work now

Which steering issue? They still auto-center (which I prefer) and the devs stated that they would need to work on it for a bit longer to fix that. If you mean the issue where turning left would turn slightly right first and vice versa then happy days!

Which steering issue? They still auto-center (which I prefer) and the devs stated that they would need to work on it for a bit longer to fix that. If you mean the issue where turning left would turn slightly right first and vice versa then happy days!
the slightly turning left before going right. Pivot steering vehicles seem to still have that issue but the regular steering ones seem to be fixed

the slightly turning left before going right. Pivot steering vehicles seem to still have that issue but the regular steering ones seem to be fixed

I just tried it myself and it's so much better now, just that small change has made a huge improvement

Just two nitpicks from me but I think they need to fix how damage is calculated and applied along with how tires grip the road. I said this before but if I'm cruising along in high gear I don't think I should be getting as much damage as I should from pebbles or whatnot on the road. Heck, sometimes there isn't even anything there at all to get damage from which is really weird. As for tire grip I know that off-road tires have poor on-road grip but I highly doubt that trucks are getting wheelspin while on pavement. It's kind of pathetic when I have to activate diff-lock and/or AWD just to get up an incline.

edit: On the upside I have been running around in co-op helping randoms and it's pretty fun.

Last edited:
Back