SRT Tomahawk X VGT Super Lap: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 423 comments
I finally got it over with:
yiA8AoN.jpg

I have enough issues with the 'Ring in lesser cars, so bought the car. Pity there is nowhere to use it! Wonder how it would go on the Sierra track...

I have enough issues with the 'Ring in lesser cars, so bought the car. Pity there is nowhere to use it! Wonder how it would go on the Sierra track...

The Ring is a great place to use it and just think now there is no pressure to win it so you can just have fun.

Still struggling to get bronze. Improved my time from a 6:15 to 6:13, but not after an hour of fighting this thing to keep it on the track. Tried different steering sensitivity settings and still can't keep this car from darting to the inside with just minimal steering input. The only thing that's been tried more than different techniques has been my patience! I don't know why I continue to keep coming back to this seasonal for more punishment. Maybe because my pride won't let me give up until I finally get bronze, who knows. I know there are other DS3 users who have recorded laps 3 seconds faster than me...I'd certainly like to see what their hands are doing through that lap because I can't see me being capable of it.

You can do it. If I could do 4:45 on DS3, anyone can.

I don't know what you're doing wrong, but this car does require a light touch. Maybe try braking more before turning? Or set yourself on a line that is straight and requires minimal steering input?

6:00 should be very doable...

You can do it. If I could do 4:45 on DS3, anyone can.

I don't know what you're doing wrong, but this car does require a light touch. Maybe try braking more before turning? Or set yourself on a line that is straight and requires minimal steering input?

6:00 should be very doable...

Man, a 4:45 with the DS3? Nice! Trust me, I won't even get a sniff of that time. Just looking to bronze this thing for the moment. Yeah, I'm not sure what I need to correct what I might be doing wrong, but I WILL keep trying. Your lap time gives me hope, but...we'll see.

Man, a 4:45 with the DS3? Nice! Trust me, I won't even get a sniff of that time. Just looking to bronze this thing for the moment. Yeah, I'm not sure what I need to correct what I might be doing wrong, but I WILL keep trying. Your lap time gives me hope, but...we'll see.

The three things that seemed to help me were:

relax. relax your brain, relax your hands. It's not a big deal.

Carry more speed- the more speed you carry thru the turns, the less-sensitive and squirrely the car is.

Turn in late- in a normal car, you have to anticipate the corners. In this car, you actually turn at or during the corner.

My sensitivity is turned all the way up, but that's not going to work for everyone- I do think that it makes the car more predictable, though, because at lower sensitivity I never quite knew how far it would turn each time.

Good luck, you're almost there :)

Have you tried putting TC at 1 and AS on Strong? Those would help a lot to keep the car stable.

BRONZED!!! Finally. And with the most humorous time that I could have ever imagined to achieve it... a 5:59.059! I think I will take a break from this trial to rest my nerves. Thanks to Tandem and j4mmin for the encouragement and pointers. Greatly appreciated.

This isnt my style: hyper realistic cars like the Tomahawk...

I think it's completely ridiculous how the Tomahawk flies through the Green Hell. Everyone been there on the track can confirm it would be impossible lol. :D
Appreciate the effort and challenge from DP though.

Btw, has anyone seen the current world number one's driving and reaction skills, my god.. (3m11s or something like that).

Last edited:
Got gold today with a 4:45.904. My heart was pumping by the end. I could probably shave off some more time but I honestly get tired by the time I get to the last 1/3 of the track where the gradual desecent begins. Too many turns and my focus starts to become exhausted. Plus after seeing my time improve by 22 seconds psyches me out and I start to think "Don't mess up".

Biggest annoyance is trying to drive my Focus RS after spending a couple hours in the Tomahawk X....it feels sloppy and slow....keep trying to get it to do 150 mph in corners that should be done at 50 mph....lots of crashing til I get my brain slowed down again.....

Got gold today with a 4:45.904. My heart was pumping by the end. I could probably shave off some more time but I honestly get tired by the time I get to the last 1/3 of the track where the gradual desecent begins. Too many turns and my focus starts to become exhausted. Plus after seeing my time improve by 22 seconds psyches me out and I start to think "Don't mess up".

@ccaranna I did a double take when I checked my friends list rankings to see you finally got gold :cheers:! You have inspired me to soldier on a few more days as I was starting to think my only chance was to turn on active steering. I'm not sure where I can cut time from my lap but having your ghost to reference should give me an idea. (for sure your ghost lap has helped me with the improvements I have made so far) :bowdown:.

@ccaranna I did a double take when I checked my friends list rankings to see you finally got gold :cheers:! You have inspired me to soldier on a few more days as I was starting to think my only chance was to turn on active steering. I'm not sure where I can cut time from my lap but having your ghost to reference should give me an idea. (for sure your ghost lap has helped me with the improvements I have made so far) :bowdown:.
try to use the "drag force" where you have long straits but be carefull when you use that ..

P.s you can see my lap on youtype . search GT6 Soren Jacquet tomahawk x

try to use the "drag force" where you have long straits but be carefull when you use that ..

Thanks for the input, I'm using (DRS) at Dottinger Hohe.

P.s you can see my lap on youtype . search GT6 Soren Jacquet tomahawk x

Your time and skill is far superior to mine, I am lacking the manual dexterity / fine control that is required. I think my pace is fast enough in the first 1/3 (I do have some places that can be pushed harder) but I struggle in the last 2/3's being too conservative and or slow as I have not completed as many "reps" going through those sections. Its hard to finish laps when it's invalidated but ultimately that is probably what will allow me to reach my goal.

Your time and skill is far superior to mine, I am lacking the manual dexterity / fine control that is required. I think my pace is fast enough in the first 1/3 (I do have some places that can be pushed harder) but I struggle in the last 2/3's being too conservative and or slow as I have not completed as many "reps" going through those sections. Its hard to finish laps when it's invalidated but ultimately that is probably what will allow me to reach my goal.
My first try with that car was over 6 min ..... but have done a lap time at 3:36.653 but that time was red I ust touche the wall

I've been driving it around Monza. Now that's a lot of fun! Plenty of long, wide straights, sweeping corners and just the odd chicane. But you could use the '80s non-chicane layout!

Sierra would be worth a try, I think. Challenging but more forgiving than the 'ring.

Awesome, keep trying. I managed to run 4:20 red lap :dunce:, then my Logitech driving force gt wheel broke on me while running this event. So until I get a new wheel no more attempts for me.:(

don't give up, you can push this car pretty hard in some of corners. The first left hand bend after the start of the lap you can cross the white line on the right some to take it much faster.

Most fun I had with it so far was at Twin Ring Motegi (i.e. the full road course) It actually seems reasonable there, and is a good place to get used to the way it decelerates and corners.

My best lap is 4:45.826 and I'm currently 5,036th.... Is it so much hard that almost no one from my friend list made a single lap and I got just over 5000 top ranking?

This reminded me of flying around the Ring in GT4 in the Minolta, only way faster. Managed a 4:31, took it easy on the last third or so to make sure I stayed on track. I can't imagine completing a lap in this event and not getting gold.

This reminded me of flying around the Ring in GT4 in the Minolta, only way faster. Managed a 4:31, took it easy on the last third or so to make sure I stayed on track. I can't imagine completing a lap in this event and not getting gold.
It took me a few tries to even get a white lap, but once i got that, i got gold in just a few more tries.

I finally reached my goal of getting gold without Active Steering. I had a small track excursion in the Pflanzgarten 3 area but was able to finish the lap with a RED 4:58.xxx. Next lap was a new PB of 5:01.1xx and I immediately followed that up with my gold lap of 4:58.xxx.

You can really attack T1 and T2... Flugplatz is flat in 5th gear, and Schwedenkruez is flat in 6th (no need to lift for either corner)... so you can go flat from the exit of Hoheneichen all the way to Armberg (without using DRS).

A big thanks to @Stotty 👍 for helping me lower my T1/T2 time.

Awesome, keep trying. I managed to run 4:20 red lap :dunce:, then my Logitech driving force gt wheel broke on me while running this event. So until I get a new wheel no more attempts for me.:(

Sorry to hear about your wheel. Is Thurstmaster the only wheel that is PS3 & PS4 compatible?

I'm kind of sad to have reached my goal but I don't think I enjoyed the torture enough to try and improve my time. I wish more of the seasonal events would keep me engaged days rather than minutes. Guess I'm back to grinding the WRS time trials in the meantime.

Back