Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Kent
  • 1,615 comments
Just a heads up...

I know there are lots of people looking forward to doing the Nurburgring. Just so everyone's prepared, I am planning on using the 'Ring in Week #6. So any of you who have not had a chance to get this track memorized, now is the time to start running a few laps in your spare time. I thought I'd post this in case some of the newer drivers haven't quite gotten themselves familiar with this track yet. I know all of you hardcore racers had it memorized a long time ago.:sly: I have 2 specific challenges in mind for weeks #4 & 5, and after week #6 everyone should be up to speed on how the WRS works and so on, so we will be doing a few more interesting things like budget races and power to weight ratio challenges and a rally or wet race like we have in the past. We're not going to do Arcade cars every week...:)

CFM
I am planning on using the 'Ring in Week #6.

Nice 👍

I vote for a "not too fast car", though.
Possibly on N tires :D

I tried a couple of laps on a Ruf fitted with N1's last night, it was fun as hell :sly:

The Wizard.

CFM
Just a heads up...

I know there are lots of people looking forward to doing the Nurburgring. Just so everyone's prepared, I am planning on using the 'Ring in Week #6. So any of you who have not had a chance to get this track memorized, now is the time to start running a few laps in your spare time. I thought I'd post this in case some of the newer drivers haven't quite gotten themselves familiar with this track yet. I know all of you hardcore racers had it memorized a long time ago.:sly: I have 2 specific challenges in mind for weeks #4 & 5, and after week #6 everyone should be up to speed on how the WRS works and so on, so we will be doing a few more interesting things like budget races and power to weight ratio challenges and a rally or wet race like we have in the past. We're not going to do Arcade cars every week...:)

Have you already chosen a car for week 6 at the N-ring, or are you calling for suggestions ?

Man, this is the second time I've heard of 'The Ring' in connection with my OLR; I need to start learning that bloody track.

If you haven't already decided on a car for Nurburgring....

Any BMW M3
Any Ruf
MBZ 190E Evo II (street car version)

German cars for a German track. ;)

How about something MR at Deep Forest for next week. Maybe an elise or NSX-R in GT Mode?

icemanshooter23
How about something MR at Deep Forest for next week. Maybe an elise or NSX-R in GT Mode?
I'm now running a fully tuned (+20 power, -10% weight) arcade MGF '97 at Deep Forest, and that's a lovely combo.
172 hp and such a light weight on sport tires make the driving really interesting, and the replay is fantastic : you can actually see the driver's helmet move, the guy turning the wheel and shifting gears. 👍 👍 👍

CFM
Just a heads up...

Gets his DNF post ready for "The Ring" Had so much trouble trying to pass the licenses part of them all ready ....

Chris,mate!
Neil here, how ya doin?

In my humble opionion, the biggest trick to 'The Ring' is to NOT try to learn the whole thing as one track!
Learn it in sections, and not nesc the 'T' sectors either. Do sections that suit your style/method of recall.
I learn track by not analysing each and every corner and basically working for days and days to memorise each corner, but by using visual clues to trigger the start of each section and so learn the whole track as a series of short tracks.
One section might be a string of 's' bends opening out, with a severe left or right after, end section! start of new one.

the end result is the same,but result come much quicker

Hope this a) helps and b) doesn't sound like 'trying to teach grandmother to suck eggs'

👍

Hope so Neil. HEHE ~ Always wanted to blast that stupid Pace car out of the way in the IA-15 trip. But can only hope for the best, only thing I hate about Ring really is, like I did on my IA-15 once or twice, have a great run till just the end and blow it, there was 9 mins wasted lol.

But first to get this Evo down.

Teledriel
only thing I hate about Ring really is, like I did on my IA-15 once or twice, have a great run till just the end and blow it, there was 9 mins wasted

The trick i found was, once you get around the left kink at end of the 'straight' count to 5 and then ease off and coast changing down the box appropriately. Only brake when you are in third and coming up to the sharp right, this way you maintain some pace upto the corners but slow down enough to stay in control when you do have to brake.
hope this helps 👍

Man, just get it lapped.

Its what makes GT4, GT4, if you get what i mean?
Pick a car you like.

Holden Monaro is good, Chrysler GTO is better, try a Jaguar E type, or just go straight to subaru, get the Cusco Advan impreza, and drive it round and round and round.

That thing brakes like no other, and will forgive any mistakes you make, but still give you 7 min laps, once you are good.

Good luck!!!

Teledriel
Hope so Neil. HEHE ~ Always wanted to blast that stupid Pace car out of the way in the IA-15 trip. But can only hope for the best, only thing I hate about Ring really is, like I did on my IA-15 once or twice, have a great run till just the end and blow it, there was 9 mins wasted lol.

But first to get this Evo down.

Lord, been there, done that ... STILL DOING IT!!!! :crazy:

I've decided to run The Ring once or twice everyday from now until I need it ... it's going to occur more and more in my 'racing career', so I need to start getting familiar with it.

i would most certainly hope we get the ring in a race car, not a group c (peugeot 905 sauber etc) but any other race car with any tyre choice, i would relish that as i know the ring like the back of my hand!!

no seriously, i have a map of it drawn on the back of my hand :P

I am new to the WRS so this may have been done many times but at one point I think there should be tuning challenges. (the HP rating is set at a certain level).

There are so many opportunities with this from FF Honda's, FR cars, AWD cars, and full racing cars alike.

It is cool to use arcade mode so no one cheats but there should be a good tuning challenge every once in ahwile.

My suggestion is FF cars under 220hp, with everything allowed but Full race tranny, Full Tune LSD, and Nitrous (<stupid), Set NA or Turbo rules and a minimun weight.

CFM
Just a heads up...

Yes these ideas are good, its just some of us (like me :guilty: ) arent very far into the game. So not all of us (like me :nervous: ) will have some of the cars that you and others have been talking about for these non arcade races. Just a heads up thats all, they sound like great ideas. 👍

some people should try what i have done, keep 2 memory cards, one with your normal game save on and one with 100% completion and every car so you never have to worry about not having it or anything.

The two (2) cars that I've found that take a serious liking to the Ring, but aren't overly hard to control are the BWM M3 GTR race car (it hugs the road like barnacles to the bottom of a fishing boat..:D) and the Motul Pitworks Z....

As far as memorizing the Ring...it is possible but as Neil (Balls2thewalls) said, take each section and the visual cues that are nearby and start from there...as it does really help...Or better yet, just race the last IA-16 test in the Benz Evo...there's a car that's easy to control and is pretty fast to boot...then once done with that, work your way up with more powerful cars...all the way until you can take say either the Sauber C9 or Minolta around it under 6mins... :D...

OTQ: How is using anything but Arcade Mode keeping the WRS on a level playing field for all drivers? I thought the minute we get into using garage cars, you'd be opening up the whole 'tuning' aspect of racing..and we all know not everyone is keen on properly tuning their cars, therefore they'd be at disadvantage automatically once a specific WRS event took place? Any info would be greatly apprceciated as I'm just trying to uderstand the fundamentals of both the WRS & OLR...
(NOTE: OTQ = Off Topic Question)

Thx-

SimRaceDriver
OTQ: How is using anything but Arcade Mode keeping the WRS on a level playing field for all drivers? I thought the minute we get into using garage cars, you'd be opening up the whole 'tuning' aspect of racing..and we all know not everyone is keen on properly tuning their cars, therefore they'd be at disadvantage automatically once a specific WRS event took place? Any info would be greatly apprceciated as I'm just trying to uderstand the fundamentals of both the WRS & OLR...
(NOTE: OTQ = Off Topic Question)

Thx-

Learning to tune your car is part of racing in the WRS, and always has been. It's true that not everyone's great at it, but the good tuners are usually more than happy to share setups and answer questions to help you learn :-)

@CFM, if you haven't chosen a car for the 'Ring, the Honda S800 RSC Race Car is a fantastic drive, and I think it'd be a good fit. No too fast, easy to toss around, but difficult to drive quickly (got to stay smooth and keep your momentum up) 👍

I still think an ITR if we're going FF soon. Either that or the HONDA Civic Si (Mugen Motul Race Car) '87. Easy to win for people who haven't got it; only need a CTR and 20 mins in the civic championship.

Luxy
Learning to tune your car is part of racing in the WRS, and always has been. It's true that not everyone's great at it, but the good tuners are usually more than happy to share setups and answer questions to help you learn :-)

What he said 👍 👍

yella bird on economy's round the ring....

Greatest slide measured in seconds or by using a ruler up against the tv screen.

Thats the race for us.

and yeah, what Luxy said, and Sphinx backed up.

what luxy said, sphinx and vexd backed up 👍

Id like to see an arcade challenge, obviously some testing will have to be done but a RX7 vs NSX type R or something with similar pwr.

Todd, could we get some new cars soon? Pretty please?!? :D

So far we've run cars that were (more or less) in GT3:

JGTC Supra (I consider them all more or less the same)
Lancer (I know, EVO VIII, but still a Lancer)
Lotus 350

There's so many new cars, that I'd love, love, love to run:

Ginetta G4
BMW 2002 Turbo
Jaguar E-Type
Audi ABT TT-R
CTR Yellowbird
Nissan Bluebird Rally Car
Honda S800 Race Car
Caterham

I could go on ...

Luxy
There's so many new cars, that I'd love, love, love to run:

Ginetta G4
BMW 2002 Turbo
Jaguar E-Type
Audi ABT TT-R
CTR Yellowbird
Nissan Bluebird Rally Car
Honda S800 Race Car
Caterham

I could go on ...

A Man after my own heart. Specifically the 2002 Turbo. For me, add the alpine 1600 to that list. I wish they had a 71 MGB roadster and GT in this game. They could have left out about 40 Skyline, Evo and WRX variations and put in a whole pant load of awsome and fun cars. Sorry, I know this has all been brought up before. I love the game and I'm waiting impatiently for GT5 on the PS3!!!

Back