Egypt
Cairo, Egypt
GTP_SEMS
suicide-squad-official-trailer-1-reaction-let-s-talk-about-it-798873.jpg

Movie releases in August

Final trailer

OTfifEL.gif

Last edited:
...I don't get it - why is that "is this just Fantasy" added to the title?

Edit: Ohhhhh, so it's a reference to the Queen song used in the trailer. Wow. Is it safe to say, obscure references FTW??

Last edited:
Can't wait for this, one of the few movies in recent time I'm actually excited about.

And it's totally not because Cara Delevingne is in it. I swear, it's not... ok maybe it is one of the main reasons but that's besides the point. :lol:

During the SDCC panel, one thing I found interesting is Will Smith saying how Leto being all in with the joker helped elevate everyone else's performance.

The Joker is still the main draw for me, but so far I have faith in Leto. Movie should be fun, just worried they released too much footage.

We know practically nothing about it except that Waller forms the Suicide Squad and who is in it. Nothing else about the plot is known.

The scenes they've shown are still a lot, I can probably guess who the antagonist is now from the trailer but hopefully I'm not right.

I mean just in terms of BvS should have been an exact live action of the Dark Knight book.
The Dark Knight Returns is over-rated. It's an important milestone in comic history, but it's bloated and self-important at times.

A better way of doing it would be to set up a two-sided conflict between Batman and Superman: as much as Batman believes Superman to be a threat to the world, Superman should believe that Batman is waging a private war that he has the potential to end, but chooses not to.

There's some good, recent stuff that I think would be ripe for adaptation - like Francis Manapul's Icarus and Anarky and Scott Snyder's Bloom.

Off the top of my head, I would do something like this:
Batman discovers that a series of bodies found across the city have trace amounts of fear toxin, Venom and Icarus in them. He traces them to Black Mask, who has violently overthrown the Court of Owls. Black Mask has been using the fear toxin to boost his victims' adrenaline, Icarus to accelerate their metabolism, and Venom to maintain their strengths, effectively turning them into psychic batteries (and dumping their bodies in the city when they are burned out). He hopes to use them to bolster his own latent psychic powers and interface with an enormous crystalline pillar buried under a mountain - a solidified form of the active ingredients in the Lazarus Pits. This would allow him to taint the "Imago", the physical manifestation of the noosphere, a metaphysical concept linking everyone together on a psychic level. If he succeeds, people would be born without a conscience (or possibly free will, or possibily be more susceptible to Black Mask's influence).

It'll be interesting to see how Batman plays in this movie. Will we see the back story of the Robin or Nightwing? suit in the Batcave.

It'll be interesting to see how Batman plays in this movie. Will we see the back story of the Robin or Nightwing? suit in the Batcave.

Hope this gets no or little mention and save it for the Bat movie. I really hope they do a jason todd turned joker thing but I doubt it.

I am so pumped for this movie, it looks great. I'm not a big follower of superhero/villain stuff, but this one really has caught my interest. In addition, the soundtrack looks really good as well. Can't wait! :D

Last edited:
Ken
:confused:

You are aware this isn't a Marvel movie, right?
Yea, I didn't know how to describe it, so let's just say superhero/villain stuff in general then. :lol:

Passed on a Thursday show for a Friday matinee. 95% of the seats were empty when I bought them last week: I guess people aren't raring to go see a movie about a bunch of psychos at 11:30 Friday morning. :lol:

It was free too, so that's nice. Thanks, Scene points! It's in IMAX, but to my knowledge, it wasn't filmed with any IMAX cameras, so I'm not expecting it to be very impressive in that regard.

So um yeah reviews starting to hit, not looking good folks :lol:

DCEU going up in flames.
When all review sites such as IMdB, Rotten Tomatoes, etc still didnt show the final score yet, its still really premature to say that.

Each reviewer tend to be biased. Which is why we should wait the accumulated average score first.

When all review sites such as IMdB, Rotten Tomatoes, etc still didnt show the final score yet, its still really premature to say that.

Each reviewer tend to be biased. Which is why we should wait the accumulated average score first.

The important sites are giving it bad scores, not even mediocre ones. Movie is bad, heck it looks like its worse than BVS.

@Brend :lol: , doubt someone will use that excuse, I thought the movie's success will hand on the Joker and the fact that he isn't in it much and when he is he isn't really impressive is laughable.

DC plz stahpp

Edit: Reviews aren't even different, I've read a review saying it is worse than Fantastic Four. It's bad. @FrzGT

Latest Posts

Back