Suicide Squad:Bad guys Bad reviewsMovies 

@Brend :lol: , doubt someone will use that excuse, I thought the movie's success will hand on the Joker and the fact that he isn't in it much and when he is he isn't really impressive is laughable.

DC plz stahpp

Edit: Reviews aren't even different, I've read a review saying it is worse than Fantastic Four. It's bad. @FrzGT
Im not saying its good, bad, or anything. If its bad then unfortunate for DC. But sum it up just less than a day after first review out isnt really hold water.

Give it a time just like any other things ever.

Im not saying its good, bad, or anything. If its bad then unfortunate for DC. But sum it up just less than a day after first review out isnt really hold water.

Give it a time just like any other things ever.

The director literally tweeted a saying as a result of the bad reviews, I get what you're saying but if most early reviews from reputable sites say it's bad IT IS BAD.

...Oh dear. I had high hopes for this one, but it looks like it's all going a bit pear shaped at the moment for DC.

In before fanboys come in and make the claim: in hindsight, maybe David Ayer, known for his gritty crime thrillers involving shady cops and robbers weren't such a good candidate to direct a breezy action romp after all....

I mean reviews to me only help some what dictate if more of these movies will come down the line, I wasn't expecting Suicide Squad of the Galaxy after this and now I have more reason. I think the issue with these reviews comes from Marvel having reigns on the cinematic scene of things and so people talking about these movies have a set bias for how they do things. WB/DC isn't going to work that way which is why these reviews shouldn't dictate the attitude one has before seeing the movie. What I do think that needs to stop, is trying to have a line of movies that basically parallel with what Marvel is doing after the fact. Suicide squad listing seemed to only be done due to the success of the joke I made earlier in this post. And while Justice League was always the end goal, people would probably hope it's not just an alternative avengers with Batman and Superman.

Also what's with the fanboy crap? Seems petty

When all review sites such as IMdB, Rotten Tomatoes, etc still didnt show the final score yet, its still really premature to say that.

Each reviewer tend to be biased. Which is why we should wait the accumulated average score first.
Currently floating at a 9.0 on IMDB. This is based on ratings from nearly 6,000 users.

I mean reviews to me only help some what dictate if more of these movies will come down the line, I wasn't expecting Suicide Squad of the Galaxy after this and now I have more reason. I think the issue with these reviews comes from Marvel having reigns on the cinematic scene of things and so people talking about these movies have a set bias for how they do things. WB/DC isn't going to work that way which is why these reviews shouldn't dictate the attitude one has before seeing the movie. What I do think that needs to stop, is trying to have a line of movies that basically parallel with what Marvel is doing after the fact. Suicide squad listing seemed to only be done due to the success of the joke I made earlier in this post. And while Justice League was always the end goal, people would probably hope it's not just an alternative avengers with Batman and Superman.

Also what's with the fanboy crap? Seems petty
Hollywood logic: Hey, this thing over here is popular. Let's do the same thing, but give it our own spin.

Honestly, I'm scared of what the long term effect of Deadpool will be.

Hollywood logic: Hey, this thing over here is popular. Let's do the same thing, but give it our own spin.

Honestly, I'm scared of what the long term effect of Deadpool will be.

Well, the long term effect in Hollywood logic would get us a line of Lobo movies, but seeing as I don't know of any actor as fanatical about that character as Reynolds to Deadpool...it probably wont go well.

Currently floating at a 9.0 on IMDB. This is based on ratings from nearly 6,000 users.
User reviews especially early ones tend to be rigged and positive. This movie needs atleast 100k user reviews to be final.

100+ reviews now come out and most are mixed. Most says its better than BvS and first act is good but stilted, cliched, and without any direction especially the latter part.

maybe David Ayer, known for his gritty crime thrillers involving shady cops and robbers weren't such a good candidate to direct a breezy action romp after all
Maybe setting it up as a "breezy action romp" was the wrong move in the first place. The Squad themselves are supposed to be the worst of the worst, so it's hard to get audiences to empathise with them. Especially when you're watering it down to an M/PG13 rating. DC would need to position them along the same lines as the protagonists of Aristotelian tragedy - characters who we want to see redeem themselves, even if we know they make the wrong choices and commit terrible deeds. The whole premise of the Squad is that supervillains agree to go on insane missions in exchange for early release, so we have to ask ourselves if we want to see them running around; have they done enough to earn another chance in society? In the case of characters like the Joker, it's incredibly difficult to justify; but for others, like Killer Croc, it's easier - in the comics, Croc is a victim of a genetic disorder and goes from mindless monster to the protector of the powerless in Gotham City.

Going by the early reviews, the film sounds like two hours of unfocused, gratuitous violence carried out by a group of unlikable misfits, which tells me that the film makers didn't really understand the concept from the outset.

[EDIT] Aw spit, treed by Slip...

Last edited:
Man the reviews are not looking good at all. I'm still gonna see this though.

The petition is ridiculous and ignorant. It's almost "RT is paid by Disney and Marvel" crap all over again.

I think the issue with these reviews comes from Marvel having reigns on the cinematic scene of things and so people talking about these movies have a set bias for how they do things.

We need to stop using this as an excuse. These critics have been around the block. They've seen the Nolan Batman movies. They've seen gritty, bloody action movies like Mad Max. They've also seen dark comic book movies like Kick-Ass, Blade and Sin City. They are not one-dimensional idiots.

-

Critics know movies.

And unlike fans, they don't limit themselves to just movies from one studio, one property franchise or one genre... so they know that the Marvel way isn't the only way.

The real problem here is that DC itself is aping Marvel. Trying to grab a slice of that multibillion-dollar intricately networked multi-megablockbuster movie model. And the only comparison right now is Marvel, so of course the critics will talk about that, because that's the benchmark DC is trying to hit. But they're not going to expect everything to be the same, and they won't demand it.

For polarizing movies like this, user reviews are nearly useless. Since the crapstorm that was BvS, we've entered the troll age of movie user reviews.

Controversial movies like Ghostbusters and Batman Vs. Superman get spammed with fly-by-night reviews and ratings from internet trolls trying to push up or push down movie scores. BvS had 50,000 more user reviews than Civil War, despite the smaller box office. Ghostbusters has around 40,000 more user reviews than Star Trek and The Secret Life of Pets, again, despite having a smaller box office presence.

BvS's user rating on Rotten Tomatoes was, in the first weekend, incredibly high (well over 80%) due to initial boost-votes from fans, but once more people watched the movie, it dropped to 65%. That indicates that people who didn't watch the premieres were split 50-50 on whether they liked the film.

Ghostbusters is at a Rotten Tomatoes user rating of 58%... which closely mirrors the critic's average rating of 6.4/10 (this is actually what the critics think... the misunderstood Tomatometer simply states whether they liked it... yes/no).

You can tell that those downvotes are spam votes because the user score has been going up over the past few weeks as "normal" viewers add their votes. It started at 44% and is now at 58%... see the pattern? As soon as polling opens, the noisy ones spam the polls. It's only after a week or two that the scores from regular viewers come in. In this case, those who didn't spam the poll as soon as it opened were roughly 3/4 in favor of the movie.

Sadly, the way Rotten Tomatoes calculates User Rating scores is hopelessly opaque, and they don't clear "want to see it scores" when the movie comes out, so it's anyone's guess how the numbers are derived... from what I've seen, it's a hard reset, but the "want to see it" numbers are kept in to artificially boost the review numbers.

-

If you want to know if a movie's worth watching, check the aggregate score (average rating) on Rotten Tomatoes and MetaCritic. Critics are honest. Sometimes brutally so. Fanboys accused them of giving GB higher ratings "because SJW duh", but it gets a so-so 6/10 on both aggregator sites, which, honestly, paints it accurately as the middle of the road movie it is and mirrors what most moviegoers think.

-

As for user reviews... forget them. Unless you can find a way to accurately separate spam scores from regular scores, they are just way too abused to be trusted.

Last edited:
For polarizing movies like this, user reviews are nearly useless.
It can go back even further than that - The Dark Knight got a lot of early bad user reviews by people who didn't think that a "comic book movie" deserved to be in the IMdB's Top 250.

It can go back even further than that - The Dark Knight got a lot of early bad user reviews by people who didn't think that a "comic book movie" deserved to be in the IMdB's Top 250.

If only there were a way to get a few hundred people to all go out and see a movie and to give their opinions on it. People who aren't seeing the movie just because they're fans (and thus be hopelessly biased), and who've seen other movies to compare it to.

Oh... right:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/

If only there were a way to get a few hundred people to all go out and see a movie and to give their opinions on it. People who aren't seeing the movie just because they're fans (and thus be hopelessly biased), and who've seen other movies to compare it to.

Oh... right:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/
You can't just them. They're paid for their opinions. Obviously it's a conspiracy by the left-wing media who have a stake in Marvel Studios and are using box office profits to push their liberal agenda.

We need to stop using this as an excuse. These critics have been around the block. They've seen the Nolan Batman movies. They've seen gritty, bloody action movies like Mad Max. They've also seen dark comic book movies like Kick-Ass, Blade and Sin City. They are not one-dimensional idiots.

No they're not, but it's much easier to recollect about what was on yesterday rather than several yesterdays ago. I feel they have a standard, and much of said standard comes from Marvel at this time, now sure they have other hopes based on other movies. But I feel you shouldn't compare this or any other new movie comic book or otherwise, and yet I can already see people making GotG comparison.

Also I don't pay much attention to critics on RT, I usually stick to what other critics for established papers says, and I guess sometimes those critics reviews end up there.

Back