Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT - AMOC & BSCC - Champions: Harsk, Pimiki and SimbaLoraFinished 

Sunday racing is no longer possible due to network instability. Please vote below as appropriate.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't want my front end grip reduced at all, I need that for steering. :P

You only need the amount of grip that you're actually going to use. If you oversteer you have a lot of front end grip that you're not really using (most of the time the wheels will point more or less in the direction of travel), and the result is a reduce in total grip (since you ask the rear tyres to deal with most of the cornering forces on their own) and a rear end that will wear out its tyres much faster than the front.

A little oversteer is always nice though, but if it's so much that you're having a problem trying to control the car you shouldn't be afraid of sacrificing some of it. The goal is to find a balance that suits you.

You only need the amount of grip that you're actually going to use. If you oversteer you have a lot of front end grip that you're not really using (most of the time the wheels will point more or less in the direction of travel), and the result is a reduce in total grip (since you ask the rear tyres to deal with most of the cornering forces on their own) and a rear end that will wear out its tyres much faster than the front.

A little oversteer is always nice though, but if it's so much that you're having a problem trying to control the car you shouldn't be afraid of sacrificing some of it. The goal is to find a balance that suits you.
Which is why I start tuning with trying to eliminate any oversteer first. The rear of the car must be stable in all situations during cornering. Until the point where your front is starting to give you troubles because it then deals with most of the forces, this means going through the settings and set up counterwise to what I explained in my last post. Perfectly balanced is good for hotlapping or qualifying (unfortunately we cant alter setups between quali and race) for the race I need to be prepared for many situations where I might have to use different lines, so as eran said a little oversteer is good, and I see it the same way. All in all for the race I prefer just a very little oversteer which is, for me, controlable in any situation. I must be able to 'play' with the car. Tastes are different they say in Germany, and each must interpret his defenition of balanced car. Sometimes, depending much on the track, I want no oversteer at all and rather sacrifice that thenth of a second per lap for a stable ride in the race.

Last edited:
What about flat floor at AMOC, i´ve seen some of the jags were using it? 👎 :confused:

I doubt that a flat floor is a good investment. It increases your PP so much that you need to reduce power to get back down within the PP limits. It also increases drag, so expect heavily reduced top speed and acceleration. I haven't compared lap times with / without flat floor though, but my guess is that it will mostly slow you down.

I believe at short technical tracks the flat floor can be good for great advantage. We need a word from @Sick Cylinder about it.

I'm not sure if I can be there Sunday. I'm in Naples and I can only hope things speed up over here and I am able to make it home in time. I try my best.

I believe at short technical tracks the flat floor can be good for great advantage. We need a word from @Sick Cylinder about it.

I'm not sure if I can be there Sunday. I'm in Naples and I can only hope things speed up over here and I am able to make it home in time. I try my best.

I checked all the AMOC cars - of the 9 cars 3 can have a flat floor and 6 cannot (the 3 which can are both Aston Martins and the Jaguar XKRS).

For the sake of ease of Hosting and simplicity up until now I have not imposed any limits on types of tuning as these cannot be controlled by the Hosts options within the game - up until now we have just had No Nitrous plus tuning prohibited OR any tuning allowed up to set PP, KG and BHP limits - I would like to keep it this way for this and future series.

If anyone has a strong objection to that please let me know via the thread and we can look at it again, but if possible I would like to leave things alone.

Silverstone International.jpg

Regarding flat floor: My Jaguar XKRS loses 110 BHP by getting a flat floor, going from 555 BHP to 445 BHP. That's a 20% loss of power, and by extension a 20% reduction in acceleration at peak power.

I did some testing with and without flat floor, and on a fast and technical track I was 1.4 seconds faster in the car without a flat floor (on a 2:00 lap). On a small and technical track I was 0.7 seconds faster in the car without a flat floor (on a 1:12 lap).

The flat floor does give better grip, but its effect is the greatest in high speed corners, and with 20% less power you lose so much time before you have reached those high speeds that it's just not worth it.

Round 1 Brands Hatch - Important Information

Track Limits - the kerbs and anti-mud grilles count as part of the track, but the grass does not! The grilles can be found on the inside or outside of some parts of the track. NB There was too much corner cutting and driving outside track limits during the Test Round.

Damage and Driving Standards - We have been experimenting with Heavy Damage in an attempt to raise driving standards. During Test Round 0 it was quickly obvious that Heavy Damage was not compatible with the widely differing braking, acceleration and other performance characteristics of the cars used, therefore we are running this series with light damage. All Racers Please drive carefully as if contact could result in damage - I really want to try to improve the standard of driving in the room. It is understood that everyone makes mistakes, but please try your best to avoid contact with other peoples cars. NB There was too much contact between cars during the Test Round.

Car Colours for Historic BSCC 2- please check your colours are in line with the guidance given near the start of the thread on page one. This guidance also includes
wheel types and colours.

Brands Hatch in 1963

To help get you in the mood for Sunday - a little information about the 1963 season and the race held at Brands that year.

Brands Hatch 1963 BSCC Background.jpg
Brands Hatch Report 1963.jpg
Brands Hatch Results Aug 1963.jpg

Last edited:
I just opened a practice lobby if anyone wants to join. I'll be driving my AMOC Jaguar, but you're free to use your BSCC cars if you prefer that.

Room ID: 1472-6681-3415-7081-3607

I just opened a practice lobby if anyone wants to join. I'll be driving my AMOC Jaguar, but you're free to use your BSCC cars if you prefer that.

Room ID: 1472-6681-3415-7081-3607
I'm coming now. Besides, I need some practice... 👍

I might miss today's race.
We're having some serious, crazy teenager problems.
I blame the cell phones and all around internet connection.;)
Hope it's worked out by the time race starts though, but we'll see.
Wish you all a good race if I don't make it. :)

I didn't make it.
And next week I won't make it either, due to work.
A bit annoying, since I practiced pretty much this week.

Race report - Round 1

BSCC 1. The Mini was pretty fun to drive. As usual it's a bit short of power on the straights, but it's a happy bouncer through the corners :D (I have my Mini set up with a pretty stiff rear suspension - that might explain the bouncing...). Unfortunately, a wheel disconnected* from the car about halfway through and I had to give up the race.

(* I did have a disconnection, but it was from the server...)

BSCC 2. Started in the back, but begun to advance through the field. Had a bit of bad luck when other cars had tailhappy moments, and even a small tap is often all it takes to throw the featherweight Mini off the track... Was a pretty good race though.

AMOC. Going from a lightweight FF car to an FR grand tourer of twice the weight took a couple of laps to get used to. Once I had that done with I found my Jaguar to be in perfect shape! I had spent a lot of time on the suspension settings, and made some final adjustments to the differential only an hour or so before the start of the round.

Harsk was in a league of his own in the Ferrari, but behind him we soon formed a train of four cars racing bumper to bumper for 15 laps! Originally I was third in the pack, but after recieving a call from the race director, notifying me that they needed someone to urgently mow the lawn on the left side just after Stirlings Bend :embarrassed:, I rejoined the train as the fourth and last car.

At the start of lap 15, things got a little crazy when our little train decided to try a triple-overtake/paint-trading session. It ended up with me and Pimiki overshooting our braking points. I was able to recover just in time, but Pimiki ended up on the grass and was out of the equation.

On the following lap, the gap between the remaining three cars had widened. Lex, who was now second in our little racing train, got a wheel on the grass and skidded across the track to the other side where he spun around. Now only Sig and myself remained, with Sig having a lead of about 1.5 to 2 seconds. As I had a big gap to any cars behind me I went all-in to try and close the gap to Sig before the end of the race. I managed to reduce the gap to about half a second, but never got close enough for an overtake.

Crossed the finish line in 3rd place, so I guess it's the Ruf for next week at Apricot Hill? That trailbraking in corner 1 is going to be tough...

^^ Nice pics, sorry for forgetting putting my number on the Aston Martin... :dunce:

The BSCC races were great, first race i had a good qualifier but lost a few places due to misbraking at Surtees and found myself between @LexLathor and @Pimasz, amazing to me that i could stand my ground and we battled it out until the end. 👍 Second race i managed to keep it all together at the start so i could slip in second place, but a visit to the grass out of Westfields Bend let @AndreasR slip through and i didn't manage to catch up again.
I messed up the AMOC qualifier completely, not one clean lap from me so i started from the back. First i was very cautious not to mess up and trying to be consistent. Then i got into the flow with the V12 and the rest of the race was truly enjoyable, so many phantastic and clean battles ensued. :)👍

See you all at Apricot Hill! :cheers:

Brief Race Impressions (more detail and results to follow)

Race 1 - Historic BSCC 2 - I am always a bit apprehensive before the start of a new race series, but the Test Round 0 had gone well, just highlighting the need to upgrade the Mini to grippier Sport Soft tyres. I had done a bit of practise in an attempt not to be last, but found that with the extra distractions and tension of a real race meeting I could not reproduce my previous lap times. On the grid I lined up against my "team mate" @XK50 in our Alan Mann Racing prepared Mustangs and @IfAndOr in his Alan Brown prepared Jack Brabham replica Mustang (please repaint Indigo Blue from Jaguar E Type 1961 and fit wheels PDI PD525N painted black for maximum authenticity - Note, please do not fit over sized valves and unhomologated triple valve springs as Jack Brabham was disqualified from the final round for this and lost the 1965 championship as a result). XK50's Mustang had obviously been damaged and his mechanics had not had time to refit the bumpers (please ask them to refit in time for round 2 as they were used on both the Sir Gawaine Baillie number 41 car and your championship winning number 42 Roy Pierpoint car).

I made my usual fairly good start, but was too cautious on the brakes at Druids Hairpin allowing XK50 in the Roy Pierpoint replica Mustang past - he soon shot away, but I caught up with him later as we shall see!

At first, when the smaller cars (with faster drivers) were squabbling amongst themselves it was easy to keep up and I could have gone for an overtaking move thanks to the extra straightline speed of the Mustang, but the car has relatively poor brakes and I didn't want to risk knocking into other people who had qualified more quickly. Once the smaller cars had spaced out slightly I found I was able to keep them in sight, but could not gain on them despite having extra straightline speed. Part way through the race XK50 had a massive moment on the start finish straight as he approached Paddock Hill bend - I slowed down and followed the advice given to Tom Cruise's character in "Days of Thunder" and steered for the smoke. Unfortunately I caught the front wing of XK50's Mustang and incurred damage - he appeared to be spinning like a top - presumably after being collected by other cars.

Before the race started @XK50 had asked for guidance on dialing out oversteer with his GT350 (this paragraph is for him). I could not give an answer during the race meeting, but I follow LSD guidance from Motor City Hamilton's GT5 tuning guide which still seems to work in GT6. For an FR car like the GT350 I try the race soft suspension with an LSD set to 10 / 25 / 15. If the car is spinning out on corner exit I increase the second figure from 25 to 27 and if necessary up to 30 and if it has a lot of torque like the GT350 I increase the first figure from 10 to 12. With brakes set to 7 / 4 I find this basic setup (provided the car does not have handling problems) is normally faster than the tunes found on GT Planet. However the GT350 seems to need a setup somewhere between Race Soft and Race Hard so I am using one by @MYTHHUNGWELL which is very good - the car is still liable to oversteer so instead of my usual high torque strategy I delete the supercharger and go for low torque.

For most of the race I was chasing Eran in the Cooper Team replica Mini and was being hounded by IfAndOr. As the final minutes approached I made the mistake of getting over confident and trying to catch Eran - this led to a mistake appropriately enough at the end of the Cooper Straight as I approached Surtees bend - I had an awkward spin losing a massive 14 seconds and gifting the place to IfAndOr.

I was pleased to produce a fastest lap which was 0.7 seconds faster than my qualifying time, but overall my times were inconsistent and much slower than the leaders - I am hoping I can use the extra straightline speed of the Mustang at some other circuits.

A quick word regarding the stunning result of HKS Mizo taking first place in his return to our Sunday races - previously HKS raced under the name Zmihalik.

Race 2 - Historic BSCC 2 - was very enjoyable for me with a much better result, fewer mistakes and a top six finish. I felt sorry for some of the faster drivers who got tangled up and went off track enabling me to make up spaces. I didn't expect to be able to take the pressure and thought that I would lose places towards the end as faster drivers made challenges so it was very satisfying to be able to hang on to sixth place.

Race 3 - AMOC 80 Intermarque - I had focussed my practise on the GT350. My Ferrari has a very basic setup, but I feel it handles well enough that I will not fiddle with it and risk spoiling the handling. The lap times from the top drivers including Harsk were astonishing and much, much faster than mine, but I had an enjoyable race to 12th with relatively few mistakes. Occasionally I managed to pick up a place when a faster driver made an error, but after a few laps they would be past again. Given the speed of the front runners I was pleased not to be lapped and this will be my ambition for the season - to try to run as error free and consistently as possible and strive not to be lapped.

Cars for future Gran Turismo Series
It is very important that we get the right cars into future editions of Gran Turismo so that we can have a good career mode with multiple branches and also produce our own interesting online series. At the moment the Buick Special is the only car in the game which can substitute for the 1963 Ford Galaxie so it is important that the suggestion in the car suggestions section receives as many "likes" as possible. Each week I will include links to one or two cars which should be included in any future installment of Gran Turismo (I did intend to do that with the last series, but this time I will try to be more organised). Based on previous car choices, I do not have confidence that the Polyphony Digital team truly understand the historical significance of cars or the series in which they raced around the world - we therefore have to show them the way!

The Ford Galaxie was a winner in both the BSCC and NASCAR and also competed in the ETCC. It was raced from 1963 until 1965, by which time it had been eclipsed in Class D (the biggest engine cars) by the Ford Mustang Notchback saloon.

Please therefore click on links and support car choices by clicking "like" to the first post in the thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ford-galaxie-500-sport-special-tudor-fastback-1963.306617/

20793.jpg

Above Jim Clark and Jack Sears (Ford Galaxie's) lead four Jaguar Mark 2's and a gaggle of smaller cars including Ford Anglia Super's, Cortina GT's a Mini Cooper S and a Riley 1.5.

The following article gives some good information and pictures of double F1 champion Jim Clark's race in 1963 in the Ford Galaxie:

http://peterwindsor.com/tag/ford-galaxie/

Interview with Simba Lora (AndreasR)

1. What is the secret behind your speed?
I think that I do have a sort of talent for building a good setup on the car. Once I studied car engineering but never worked as a constructor. This may be the reason that most of the items and settings are well known and so it´s more easy to understand - but it is much to early for me to answer this question because these were the first cars I had to tune.

2. Do you use a wheel or controller?
I used a controller but was not very happy with it. Now I use a wheel which for me feels much more realistic.

3. If you use a wheel, what sort of wheel and rig or stand?
When my son ( better known as flaco) came and asked me if I was able to build a rig for him I had the possibility to use it and found it was fantastic. So I build two of them. Now I am using the G27 of flaco and he got a new T150.

4. How many hours per week do you practise?
Way too much - but otherside it wouldn´t be possible to make such improvements, beginning from zero, in such a short time.

5. How do you tune your cars - what do you start with first?
I start with power settings suitable for the track then gearbox and then suspension and LSD.

6. How long have you been playing GT?
I started last year about April or May first with GT5 and then in July 2015 I bought GT6.

7. How old are you or is that private?
I am 54 years old.

8. What does your family think of your hobby?
My wife says that she likes very much for me having such a hobby, but she is not very happy when I spent too much time for it.

9. What sort of car do you drive in real life?
Mercedes E-Class 430 V8 station wagon 4wd

10. Do you drive fast in real life?
Yes (only if it is possible - of course) but the car doesn´t go faster than 250 km/h

11. What car would you drive if you won a lot of money?
A Mercedes C 6,3 AMG ( the old one with the real 6,3 liter engine) the sound is so fantastic.

Next Round 2 from Tsukuba and Apricot Hill

I'm planning to do highlights of this series, but I don't know if I should do them because I record the videos with my camera.

Highlights would be good - my suggestion is to keep them short, perhaps about 1.5 minutes per race as most people do not want to watch long videos. If you showed the first quarter of a lap or so from several different cars using bonnet cam that would give people an idea of what it is like to race. Maybe some overtaking moves as well.

Global Rally Championship

Global Rally Championship.jpg

Full information from this link: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...mpionship-sign-ups-open.341050/#post-11176535

Race results for Historic BSCC 2 and AMOC 80 Intermarque to follow

Sorry Sick did post but didn't send ?? was stuck at work sunday see you all soon gutted Max tested all week ):

Back