Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT - AMOC & BSCC - Champions: Harsk, Pimiki and SimbaLoraFinished 

Sunday racing is no longer possible due to network instability. Please vote below as appropriate.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I started practicing with the Ruf at Apricot Hill. First I set a benchmark laptime with one of the other AMOC cars and then tried to match the time with the Ruf.

In the beginning I was two seconds off the pace, but after some practice and some tuning I managed to get down to +0.8. Not a perfect lap though, so I imagine that there's a couple of tenths to be found just by improving my lines. And then maybe some tuning changes and a bit of luck will provide what's needed to match the time.

It looks like it will be difficult to drive at the limit for 25 minutes though, there's a lot of high speed corners that are perfect death traps in this car :lol:

Here's my best lap for tonight:

Update: +0.3 now, thanks to a new gearbox and a tweak to the anti-roll bars :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Round 1 from Brands Hatch Championship Points
AMOC Round 1 Points.jpg
AMOC Round 1 BSCC Points.jpg
AMOC Round 1 Man Points.jpg

Please note to aid the Reserve Drivers I have simplified their car choice to just one car for AMOC and one car for Historic BSCC. For AMOC Reserve Drivers will use either an Aston Martin DB9 Or an Aston Martin V12 Vantage - they will be exempted from use of the Ruf Penalty Car - this should save them time on car preparation which I know is a problem for some reserve drivers. For Historic BSCC Reserve Drivers will use the Shelby GT350 in either original white with blue racing stripes or painted white with black stripes, fitted with wheel type PDI P525N painted black - they should fit their own choice of racing number type A, font A as fitted to their Aston martin AMOC car. A revised colour guidance sheet will be issued shortly which includes this change.

All drivers are reminded that their cars should be in line with the guidance in the thread:

Shelby GT350's should have the bumpers fitted - please refit bumpers for next round @XK50. Permanent Silver License drivers are using replicas of the Mustangs raced in 1965 prepared by Alan Mann Racing for Sir Gawaine Baillie (number 41), the championship winning car for Roy Pierpoint (number 42) and the Alan Brown prepared blue Mustang (number 77) for Sir Jack Brabham. In 1965 the championship was very close and went to Roy Pierpoint following the disqualification of Jack Brabham for over-sized valves and non-homologated triple valve springs. Sir Gawaine Baillie was called into the pits during the race by Alan Mann so that he did not take points off Roy - later Alan bought two very expensive Rolex watches which he charged to Ford as expenses - he gave one to Sir Gawaine as a thank you for following team orders and kept the other!

I thought it would make the championship more interesting to run a manufacturers championship and also include some information from 1959 to 1965, so above we have a table which shows that after one round the Buick Special leads with 50 points, the Jaguar has 40, Nissan 26, Isuzu 18 and Mini and GT350 tied on 17. The above table also shows the final drivers championship points for the 1959 season which was won by Jeff Uren in his privately entered Ford Zephyr Mk 2.

The table below shows the results from the first of two rounds held at Brands Hatch in 1959. Of special interest are the results of the 1172cc side valve Ford Prefect driven by John Young and the three cylinder two stroke Saab GT750 driven by Chris Threlfall.

A special thank you to @LexLathor for posting into the thread the lap times from Round 1 and also to everyone who has posted photos of Round 1.

AMOC Round 1 1959 Points.jpg

Next Round 2 from Tsukuba and Apricot Hill - 17th January 2016 - One Reserve Driver slot has become available - if interested please contact Sick Cylinder as soon as possible - it won't be open for long!!!

Please note to aid the Reserve Drivers I have simplified their car choice...
Cheers Sick, that will help no end. 👍
Just clarifying,
Gt350 - White with stripes, PDI's and bumpers. Race number 8.
Vantage - Green (probably) with sensible(ish) wheels. Race number 8. And possibly a wing!

I enjoyed my unexpected appearance last Sunday. I was free so I thought I'll see if there's a space. My cars were completely unprepared, much like myself. So I was quite happy with my mid pack results.
I must buy another Aston and find a setup. The one I used was a stock model I'm using in another series!

I hope to maybe make it this Sunday because I like Apricot Hill. Space permitting of course.

:cheers: All

I don't know if I will be able to attend the tommorrow's race, as I'll have a race in GTPES, and I will give indications to my teamates. But I will try my best to come. 👍

Get well soon try mixture screw in half a turn and up on main jet on your setup and your be sorted.

Yes - cars from a time when they still adjusted the carbs to get the right mixture at each circuit according to its altitude and the air pressure on the day.

It looks like we might have plenty of spaces today for reserve drivers - I will therefore send a message via the PS3 also to @TonyLomas @St_Bridge and @IfAndOr

All drivers - Please check your colour for cars and wheels in Historic BSCC 2 with the guidance at the start of the thread:

Wheels on all cars except the Jaguar saloon are PDI P525N (alloy wheels were not used in the BSCC until later).

Good luck to all drivers!

If anyone would like to join this series you can join, initially as a Reserve Driver and then upgrade to Permanent Driver when a space becomes available. It doesn't matter if you are fast or slow, novice or experienced - just try to drive cleanly and if being lapped drive steadily so the leaders can pass easily.

Last edited:
Sorry for retiring, but today, my race was a disaster. I was bumped and pushed several times and the AMOC 80 with RUF was fatal to me. The RUF is so hard to control for me! :(

Sorry for retiring, but today, my race was a disaster. I was bumped and pushed several times and the AMOC 80 with RUF was fatal to me. The RUF is so hard to control for me! :(

The driving standards simply aren't good enough for the diverse car grid and the higher powered cars on low grip tyres. 3 of the last 4 races I have been taken out by somebody ramming me, doesn't matter if it wasn't intentional or not. I find it odd how everybody says "great race" in the chat after, when it clearly wasn't.

I am not enjoying this series at all, and if you don't enjoy something there is no point in continuing.

The driving standards simply aren't good enough for the diverse car grid and the higher powered cars on low grip tyres. 3 of the last 4 races I have been taken out by somebody ramming me, doesn't matter if it wasn't intentional or not. I find it odd how everybody says "great race" in the chat after, when it clearly wasn't.

I am not enjoying this series at all, and if you don't enjoy something there is no point in continuing.
I was in process on changing my racing ways, but the bumps which I was given dismotivated me completly.

I think that it wasn't a good idea to start with a 430 Scuderia. :(

@Siggers If you see something in the race that you don't think is fair, do report it to the stewards. If you don't, we may not even know that it happened.

@Harsk100 You've already changed and proven that you're fast while playing fair. No need to go back.
I did report to @Sick Cylinder . But will add more people to conversation.

Yes, I have changed, but today, it was a disappointing race.

Therefore, I'll give you a warning: Do not divebomb people to get the position faster! The race isn't won at first corner.

We will look at the replays and consider the incidents that have been reported and comment on them in due course.

However - before even starting the meeting tonight I was informed that there had been connectivity problems on the PSN system all weekend - that is why I reduced the race quality of the room to two stars from our usual three stars. I was half expecting to have to cancel the meeting so I was very pleased that we were able to proceed.

I had to abandon qualifying for race one because people kept disconnecting. Some people seemed to be lagging slightly and there had been people struggling to see other cars.

Bearing these things in mind people need to exercise a bit more common sense - I realised that it would be very difficult to overtake cleanly with some cars lagging and wobbling about and decided to just run my own pace. I didn't make any overtaking moves and came away with two third places and an eighth.

Some people have definitely been trying too hard from round 0 onwards resulting in contact with other cars and often a worse result for themselves.

The multi-class BSCC racing can work well if people try to drive cleanly, but a bit of common sense is required. If someone behind you is much faster stay to the side, brake a bit early and let them through. You are racing for the best result you can reasonably manage within your class.

I have been trying to improve the standard of driving in this room and to that end I want to try Heavy Damage with the AMOC cars in the hope that this will get people to drive with a greater and more realistic level of caution. Heavy Damage will not be used with the Historic BSCC 2 cars as we found in round 0 that it will not work with that mixture of cars.

Last edited:
2 stars is tough to get used to, especially on tight tracks. Cars are often somewhere else than they appear. That said I enjoyed the racing at Tsukuba, good short track action, Rubbin' is Racin' after all. Not that I really touched anyone much.

The BSCC is a different type of racing since the cars are so equal, it always makes it tight so you have to be super careful. I wouldn't say braking early is the best way to let people by. I usually brake normal but then drift high in the corner and get on the gas later after the faster person has gone by on the inside.

I didn't bother racing today since the network was very poor. It locked up once when I tried to enter and then when I did eventually get in I couldn't see 2 or 3 of the cars. Instead of guessing where the missing cars were on track, I thought it best not to get involved. It then disconnected me from the room making my mind up for me!

Perhaps with the fairly high number of cars in the room resulting in lots of positional data being required 2 stars might not have been the best choice. But more stars would have increased the data on an already creaky connection. Catch 22 really.

Race report:

BSCC 1 and 2.
The tight layout of Tsukuba set the front tyres of my Mini on fire. There weren't enough of a distance between the corners for the tyres to cool down, so after a couple of laps they were permanent orange. I guess you can say that they were... rings of fire :sly:

7th and 8th position were alright I think. It felt like I had a rear wheel in the air a couple of times as well, do I get bonus points for that?

AMOC.
The Ruf simply wasn't fast enough through the corners to be competitive against the top. My best lap was about 2.5 seconds slower I think, but I had a good setup that made the car easier to drive so I could produce consistent lap times. Before the race I set a goal to make it to the top 5 and for a brief moment it looked like a very possible outcome. Halfway through the tyres had begun to wear though and that made the car a lot looser in the corners and added 3-4 seconds to my laps. I was quickly caught up by two other cars and the speed difference was so great that it felt like I was being lapped :lol:. As there was so much time remaining of the race I didn't see any point of defending my position so I just moved out of the way and let them by. Thanks to a disconnection ahead of me I still managed to finish 6th.

Sick, I'm sorry about my complaints yesterday during the race.

If you want me to drive the RUF in Silverstone, then, I will drive the RUF in Silverstone. Besides, I had stopped on the grass during the Apricot Hill Raceway because I was dismotivated after I was affected by Tsukuba incidents.

Anyways, if you think that I have finished 12th on Apricot Hill raceway on purpose to avoid the penalty car, then you can ask me to drive the RUF, as I didn't get use to this car. So, if you guys wish to see me driving the RUF for the 2nd time, then I will drive again with RUF this week. 👍

Back