Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT - AMOC & BSCC - Champions: Harsk, Pimiki and SimbaLoraFinished 

Sunday racing is no longer possible due to network instability. Please vote below as appropriate.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good day Harsk100!
This is fine but due to the difficulty DC went ahead and got the last position was therefore wrong to crash, but I hope I can get back to my position as the pre Rotation You!

Good day Harsk100!
This is fine but due to the difficulty DC went ahead and got the last position was therefore wrong to crash, but I hope I can get back to my position as the pre Rotation You!
Pimiki, after the Pre-Rotation, I had given you back my position. I finished 11th and you have finished 10th.

So, not too bad there.

Anyways, I'm very nervous for the Silverstone, because I have to drive the RUF for the AMOC 80 Intermarque and it has a lot of oversteer.

Does someone have a tune for the RUF?

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_13.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_12.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_11.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_10.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_8.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_7.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_6.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_5.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_4.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_2.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_1.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

Pimiki, after the Pre-Rotation, I had given you back my position. I finished 11th and you have finished 10th.

So, not too bad there.

Anyways, I'm very nervous for the Silverstone, because I have to drive the RUF for the AMOC 80 Intermarque and it has a lot of oversteer.

Does someone have a tune for the RUF?

You 're trying to calm it , or make a shrewd not to get back to the original spot but you can see that justified the original acts you rank against everyone !

You 're trying to calm it , or make a shrewd not to get back to the original spot but you can see that justified the original acts you rank against everyone !
As I said, I was not aiming for the win. I couldn't win anyway, because the Class 2 cars and the Nissan Skyline were extremely fast.

As I said, if you apply a penalty to me in Spa, I'll be sad, but it's okay, as I'm not here to make protests nor having trouble.

Anyways, see you in Silverstone, if I don't get suspended, of course.

Please keep the thread clean of these discussions. Report incidents to Sick or the Stewards via PM. If you feel the need to discuss with those involved in an incident please use the private message application in that case aswell.

Last edited:
Please keep the thread clean of these discussions. Report incidents to Sick or the Stewards. If you feel the need to discuss with the involved in an incident please use the private message application.
I already reported it to Lex. 👍

As I said, I was not aiming for the win. I couldn't win anyway, because the Class 2 cars and the Nissan Skyline were extremely fast.

As I said, if you apply a penalty to me in Spa, I'll be sad, but it's okay, as I'm not here to make protests nor having trouble.

Anyways, see you in Silverstone, if I don't get suspended, of course.

I did not think it was intentional on the Rotation hope is not prohibited by the next competition and I get back to my place !

Edit

Better late than never: Last Sunday had thrilling races for me, glad that i could make it in time. :D:tup: First Race i spun early going out of La Source (who left the soap there?) but the long battle with @bloodyboyblue made up for that with a super close finish. :)👍 Race 2 i had a gripping battle with @S_Bridge that took my full attention, and that i could slip by in the final corner was just the icing on the cake. ;) Last race i almost missed the qualifying but managed to get one lap together. Missed a lot of braking points in the first lap, but after a while i was comfortable and managed keep it together and even to make up a few places. In the end i was gifted a last lap to catch up on @LexLathor and slip by in the final corner.:sly: Pure excitement! :cheers:

Race 2 i had a gripping battle with @S_Bridge that took my full attention,
It was outstanding. I've watched it back & the whole race was so close. :)
and that i could slip by in the final corner was just the icing on the cake. ;)
I completely forgot where to brake! I don't know what happened to my brain. :confused:

You deserved it though. To have been pushing so hard & closely for all that time without having any accidents was impressive, & one of the reasons we're all here. :bowdown:

Would like to join.
Psn: goofytyler1995

Hi Goofy - I've given you the last reserve slot and have sent you a friend request via the PS3. I will send you details of the cars you will need shortly.

Welcome on board!

All - the championship points tables etc. should be posted tomorrow.

http://m.caranddriver.com/news/opel-gt-concept-official-photos-and-info-news

It's not often I get excited about a concept car these days (the last one was the Hyundai Santa Cruz) since they all look pretty much the same but this is pretty cool. Maybe not so much the red tires though.
The red tyres are like a ytribute to the Motoclub, a bike Opel built in the late '20s.

Edit: I read the article now and they mention the Motoclub, so you already knew that.

What the aryicle doesnt state, and ehat I wonder most is what platform is it basef on? It was rumored to use Beta*, like Astra K, and would be front wheel drive. That was very odd for a GT. Now that its revealed to be rear wheel, my guess is its a new platform developed by Opel. Or its Alpha, but then how on earth could they place a three cylinder in??

Anyways, I'm very proud my little favourite brand is finally doing something cool and exiting again. The original GT was sold in North America, here's to hoping it won't get a Buick badge but come as Opel back to the States and Canada. IF it will go to production, I think with the feedback it gets it just should.

The 1.4 Turbo from the Adam S with something around 200 bhp would make an awesome OPC version.

Edit: *Delta of course...

Attachments

• 495px-Opelmotorfiets.JPG
    495px-Opelmotorfiets.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Round 3 BSCC Slide.jpg

Race impressions - I just couldn't get to grips with the car or the circuit. Normally I enjoy Spa, but this time I was very disappointed with my driving. In race one I blasted off the line and made up a lot of places, but had to brake to a standstill at the first corner to avoid hitting other cars and found myself right at the back, eventually finishing tenth. In race two I remembered not to go wide at the first corner so that I wouldn't have to brake too hard and found myself running in 10th place - unfortunately a momentary lapse in concentration caused a collision with the wall and I finished the race in 12th. With race 3 my Ferrari just felt awful and rather than give up I tried a pit stop for fresh tyres - they had only worn down to a 9 front and back, but the car didn't seem to have any grip. The pit stop dropped me down a place behind Flaco who must have been struggling with his Ruf. The fresh rubber enabled me to improve my best lap by one second, but still a country mile off Harsk who won the race in the same car.

Race 1 Podium
1st - Lex lathor - Nissan Skyline
2nd - Simba Lora - Jaguar Saloon
3rd - Mallet / St Bridge - Shelby GT350

Race 2 Podium
1st - Simba Lora - Jaguar Saloon
2nd - lex Lathor - Nissan Skyline
3rd - Tarnheld - Jaguar Saloon

Race 3 AMOC Podium
1st - Harsk - Ferrari
2nd - Eran - Jaguar
3rd - Bloodyboyblue - Aston Martin

Track Limits and Driving Standards
To aid the Stewards the penalty was set to weak which penalised people shortcutting the track and enabled cars following closely behind to gain a place when the car in front cut the track. Track limits were better observed so we will use the weak penalty at the next round (Silverstone).

Driving standards were much better than at the previous round. Well done - please continue the good driving!

Two changes were made to the results tables as a result of collisions. In race 1 Lex Lathor was awarded 1st place and Simba Lora was dropped to 2nd following a collision. In race 2 Pimiki was awarded 6th place following a collision with Harsk - the drivers who finished in positions 6 to 9 have therefore been dropped by one place. No back of grid penalties have been awarded.

Championship Points

Round 3 BSCC Points.jpg
Round 3 BSCC Manufacturers.jpg

The Manufacturers table this week includes the results from the 1961 BSCC Championship (NB the results for 1960 have been skipped because in that year the BSCC ran peculiar rules - the cars were very highly modified and only cars with engines under 1000cc were eligible to score points. The 1960 championship was won by "Doc" Shepherd driving an Austin A40 which was as fast as a Group 2 Jaguar Saloon!).

Round 3 AMOC Points.jpg

Interview with Mallet / St Bridge
International man of mystery Mallet / St Bridge is unable to race with us regularly due to his outside commitments, but made an outstanding debut in this series with a podium and two 4th place finishes.

1. What is the secret behind your speed?
I'm not fast! Generally. However in certain combos of car/track I can be fast. When I find a car or a tune that seems to suit my style & take it to a track that I know well, then I do ok.

2. Do you use a wheel or controller?
DS3 controller with d-pad, X & Square.

3. If you use a wheel, what sort of wheel and rig or stand?
I do have a DFGT wheel & a Wheelstand Pro foldable stand but I prefer the console game feel rather than having more simulation. I often have the game loaded up for long periods but am coming & going & doing other things in between short sessions. If I was more immersed in the experience I would only play when I was willing to commit a large block of time to the game. I'd rather have the freedom to dip in for a lap or two, several times a day.

4. How many hours per week do you practise?
That's far too variable throughout the calendar for me to be able to put any kind of accurate number to it.
It varies all the time plus I have long absences sometimes.

5. How do you tune your cars - what do you start with first?
I don't know how to build race tunes. I have done a few drift tunes of my own but that was mainly by guesswork, trial & error.

6. How long have you been playing GT?
Around 3 years. I had played a few times at a friends house which inspired me to buy a used PS3 & used GT5 disc in early 2013. I wasn't online until GT6 was released.

7. How old are you or is that private?

8. What does your family think of your hobby?
I don't live with family so it doesn't really come up.

9. What sort of car do you drive in real life?
I don't drive in real life.

10. Do you drive fast in real life?
I tried to when I went karting once, around 15 years ago.
Hopefully I managed.

11. What car would you drive if you won a lot of money?
I'm not into cars at all but if I was, I think I'd be drawn towards at least test driving a Lotus Elise & a Honda NSX. Only on the track though. For the roads I would maybe use a van.

Sad News - Yesterday I learned from @IfAndOr of the death of my online friend Blojoggs from New Zealand. We had chatted and raced together many times since the start of GT5. He was a master track maker as well as a great driver and a very helpful and friendly person. As a mark of respect I have added his replica of the Teretonga Race Circuit to the roster of tracks for our next race series.

Track Makers Competition - attention Eran, IfAndOr, Flaco and our other talented track makers

Our next series is Cobra Endurance (Cobra v Cobra Coupe v GT40) supported by 1960 F2 World Championship. The latter stars the LCC Rocket painted in country colours. You are invited to submit your own tracks for consideration to be used in two rounds of the championship.

Two custom tracks have already been selected:
Serres, Greece made by geo_opel_tigra and Teretonga, New Zealand by blojoggs.

One track is required for the French round for the LCC Rocket - at this round Cobra Endurance is at la Sarthe 50 minutes and will be supported by a short race for the Rocket at a French style track.

One track is required for the Hungarian, Mexican or Dutch round - for the LCC Rocket and Cobra (25 minute race).

Track design criteria. Lap time in the range minimum 1 minute to maximum 2 minutes 45 seconds (for an untuned LCC Rocket on comfort hard tyres) so that it can be reasonably easily learned. The track should be wide enough to allow overtaking and changes of line the straights should not be too long (the LCC Rocket should not hit the rev limiter in 5th gear for more than a second or two).

Tracks can be replicas of real circuits past or present or from your imagination or replicas of original tracks from other games - whatever takes your fancy. Only tracks made by racers in our series will be considered
Put your tracks on share so that I can easily try them out. The winner will be announced at the end of the current series. I will be assisted in judging by one of the Stewards (name to be announced, but it will not be someone who has submitted tracks to the competition).

Supported Car Suggestion - Jaguar Mark 2 Saloon
Why do we need this car in the game? - it was the dominant sporting saloon of its day and although it did not win the British saloon Car Championship it was incredibly successful in racing worldwide - highlights include:
1st - European Touring Car Challenge 1963 driven by Peter Nocker.
1st - Australian Touring Car Championship 1962 and 1963 driven by Bob Jane.
1st - Brands Hatch International 6 Hours 1962 driven by Michael Parkes and Jimmy Blumer.
1st - Brands Hatch International 6 Hours 1963 driven by Roy Salvadori and Denny Hulme.

Please click on the link below and vote like to try to get this great car into the game:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/jaguar-mark-2-3-8-1959.298590/

Supported Track Suggestion Goodwood

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/goodwood-circuit-and-rally-stage.298663/

Next Round 4 from Silverstone (Historic BSCC 2 = Silverstone National)

Track Makers Competition - attention Eran, IfAndOr, Flaco and our other talented track makers

Our next series is Cobra Endurance (Cobra v Cobra Coupe v GT40) supported by 1960 F2 World Championship. The latter stars the LCC Rocket painted in country colours. You are invited to submit your own tracks for consideration to be used in two rounds of the championship.

Two custom tracks have already been selected:
Serres, Greece made by geo_opel_tigra and Teretonga, New Zealand by blojoggs.

One track is required for the French round for the LCC Rocket - at this round Cobra Endurance is at la Sarthe 50 minutes and will be supported by a short race for the Rocket at a French style track.

One track is required for the Hungarian, Mexican or Dutch round - for the LCC Rocket and Cobra (25 minute race).

Track design criteria. Lap time in the range minimum 1 minute to maximum 2 minutes 45 seconds (for an untuned LCC Rocket on comfort hard tyres) so that it can be reasonably easily learned. The track should be wide enough to allow overtaking and changes of line the straights should not be too long (the LCC Rocket should not hit the rev limiter in 5th gear for more than a second or two).

Tracks can be replicas of real circuits past or present or from your imagination or replicas of original tracks from other games - whatever takes your fancy. Only tracks made by racers in our series will be considered
Put your tracks on share so that I can easily try them out. The winner will be announced at the end of the current series. I will be assisted in judging by one of the Stewards (name to be announced, but it will not be someone who has submitted tracks to the competition).
Guys, I have a track for Mexico...

https://www.gran-turismo.com/sg/gt6/user/#!/mypage/course/1017325/

^ The correct working link - https://www.gran-turismo.com/sg/gt6/user/#!/friend/HarskGaming96/course/1017325/

I think Sick will be after a closed circuit though Harsk.

Our next series is Cobra Endurance (Cobra v Cobra Coupe v GT40) supported by 1960 F2 World Championship. The latter stars the LCC Rocket painted in country colours.
Sounds good. I hope to be back more regularly by then. It's a bit hit or miss at the moment - more miss! I'm keeping an eye on you and watching the thread though. ;)

The trouble with CM tracks Sick is that you are unable to change to any other track within the room. So if you wanted a two track meeting with you'd have to create a new room to swap over. That's PD logic for you!

I'll run the Rocket around a few of mine and see how it goes. I'd imagine it would be a bit slippy around an Eifel one.

^ The correct working link - https://www.gran-turismo.com/sg/gt6/user/#!/friend/HarskGaming96/course/1017325/

I think Sick will be after a closed circuit though Harsk.
Sorry then. :(

The trouble with CM tracks Sick is that you are unable to change to any other track within the room. So if you wanted a two track meeting with you'd have to create a new room to swap over. That's PD logic for you!
I already have experienced this in GRC R1. You can't change from a track in the game to the CM track. And you even can't save it to the lobby settings! That's ridiculous for me. :grumpy:

I've got three tracks that I think would work.

Twin Acres has got a nice flow of hills and corners. It's got a demanding increasing radius hairpin that requires delicate throttle control while you exit the corner. The slalom section through the forest is pretty interesting as well, as there are several strategies you could use: Enter fast and exit slow, enter slow and exit fast, or something in between.

Maiwald ring is 20 seconds too long (3:05) and at 8 meters it's perhaps a little too narrow. But this blast-from-the-past racetrack (the way they used to make them before the concept of safety had been invented) is extremely fun to drive! Even though it's a little long, it's pretty easy to learn as most of the track is fairly straight. There is one section where the Rocket hits the rev limiter for about two seconds (provided that you nailed the racing line), but other than that it's perfectly fine. When it comes to overtaking it's tricky to find a gap to pass since the racing line constantly moves from one side of the road to the other. But there are also a couple of straights and slower corners that provides excellent overtaking opportunities.

Melder's Brook is the shortest (but widest) of these three tracks, and perhaps the most technical as well, as you'll have to find the fastest line through longer sections of corners rather than just one corner at a time (Twin Acres for instance is a track where you mostly take the corners one by one). It's got a tricky corkscrew at the end of the lap, followed by a bump that can easily upset your car if you're not careful.

Interview with Mallet / St Bridge
International man of mystery Mallet / St Bridge is unable to race with us regularly due to his outside commitments, but made an outstanding debut in this series with a podium and two 4th place finishes.
It was fun to be interviewed but that introduction & my unusually high finishing positions last week, form an embarrassing combination with the first few words of my response to question 1. :embarrassed:

Fortunately, my moment in that spotlight has been massively upstaged by @eran0004's achievement of being crowned GTPlanet's Member Of The Week. :bowdown:

First - congratulations to Eran for his well deserved award of GTPlanet member of the week!

Second - I don't know how you guys submit nominations for that award, but for whoever does I would like to suggest Mannyhavitz as a future recipient. He produced a fantastic promotional video for us and has done so for many other people and also does outstanding work for the excellent Spinning Arrows club.

Third - the thread is now live for the next series. I activated it early because it includes full details on the track making competition. Feel free to check it out.

Finally - thanks to all of you for information about your tracks. I will start testing them next week.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ck-competition-round-0-3rd-april-2016.331768/

He's the guy who interviewed you when you won it.
Wow. Talk about being forgotten.
Oh that was a few weeks back, Sick will have forgotten about it. It's his age you know. :dopey:

Mr Cylinder, at the moment it's looking like I might be able to race this Sunday - space permitting. To keep out of the way of the championship point hunters I probably won't bother qualifying. I'm only joining in for the fun. See you all at the back.

(If cars are invisible to me, to keep out of the way I'll drop out)

Last edited:
Oh that was a few weeks back, Sick will have forgotten about it. It's his age you know. :dopey:

Mr Cylinder, at the moment it's looking like I might be able to race this Sunday - space permitting. To keep out of the way of the championship point hunters I probably won't bother qualifying. I'm only joining in for the fun. See you all at the back.

(If cars are invisible to me, to keep out of the way I'll drop out)

I don't know for certain, but based on weeks so far with this series there should be some spaces for reserve drivers. Don't worry about the championship - I think you should qualify - it's less painful for me if you beat me after qualifying than beat me without bothering to qualify!

Probable spaces for @IfAndOr Mallet / St_Bridge, @TonyLomas @goofytyler

Back