Super Unofficial DiRT 4 Thread (PS4/XB1/PC)

@prisonermonkeys oh good to know that it's not actually an economic issue that is forbidding you from getting a wheel, but rather HDD space management issues or preference to other games! I mean we both know that those games you're looking forward to cost lots of money, even in discounts; so yeah I can see that it's not a priority for you I think!

Yeah I played MGS5PP me too! One of the best, if not the best, game I have ever played! The gameplay and the mastermind Hideo Kojima! He's a genius!

Currently I'm hammering Battlefield 1 (with premium) and loving it! Such a nice multiplayer game!

Oh and I was a huge AC fan until I really got bored of it lately and I feel it's so repetitive (I mean between iterations of games). Each AC is basically the same game in a different location! My last one was Unity! Don't think I'm gonna get Origins!

I'm looking forward to RDR2 also!

Sorry for this off-topic discussion :)

A two-hour film costs $25 for a ticket. Compare that to a game which costs about $100 and offers over a hundred hours of entertainment. It might be an expensive outlay, but it's cost-effective entertainment.
BIG THANK YOU :)
That's what I was exactly trying to say about the wheel in my initial post, but I couldn't express it that way! I completely agree!

I use a ds4 controller and find it works fine for me. Play mostly driving games, always have, and i will probably never buy a wheel. The cost and space it takes up is just not practical, for me. Maybe it's cuse i been doing it for twenty years so i am used to it now, all i use is some thumbstick extensions for comfort and more precise steering. Not everone is in the same financial situation either, a few hundred bucks is a decent amont of cash to a lot of people. Personally i could afford one, no problem, but i would rather spend thag money on my house or my real car or taking a trip with my wife....

OT: really having fun with the pro tour online mode. Not many seem to play it though, takes like 5 minutes to get enough players sometimes

Not many seem to play it though, takes like 5 minutes to get enough players sometimes
It annoys me when people enter a lobby and quit when the game doesn't start immediately. I'm only really playing the Pro Tour to get the achievements related to it.

My game crashed half way through my first pro tour and got a warning. Then for the second one, I left the lobby too early thinking it was over (everyone finished and the results were shown) and got a temp ban. Wasn't interested in trying anymore after that.

I suspect my issues with rallycross came about because of a glitch. I unlocked Fearless mode by winning the Land Rush title, and experimented with it a bit to see what it was like. I turned it off afterwards, but only by switching on exterior cameras. I didn't realise it at the time, but my difficulty was at 95% and the AI rating was blank. So I think I've been competing with Brutal AI.

You where racing against Brutal AI, for me it still says fearless(custom) at the bottom with 96% difficulty.

PS_Messages_20170711_122926.jpg

It works in all career modes, set fearless, load the stage, when the stage is in countdown pause and add exterior view, abs, automatic or whichever aid and then finish the stage. The game will keep the Brutal AI as long as you don't change your Gameplay settings (AI difficulty/Restarts) in the main menu, makes for a far better career mode with the Brutal AI.

I tested if it was really the Brutal AI by doing multiple stages and events with Brutal 100%/Brutal 96% and Tough 91%

Brutal 100% 2:03.317
PS_Messages_20170711_123919.jpg
Brutal 96% 2:04.414
PS_Messages_20170711_123921.jpg
Tough 91% 2:07.056
PS_Messages_20170711_123917.jpg

Brutal is still off of what a player can do in rally, they are closer in Landrush and RallyCross though.

PS_Messages_20170711_123914.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone else hate the fog in this game? To me its pure bs how am I supposed to go flat out when I can't see the corner 10 meters in front of me. What makes it worse is ghe amount they abuse this in the community challenges I understand they are meant to be hard but I have only see fog that thick a handful of times IRL.

Does anyone else hate the fog in this game? To me its pure bs how am I supposed to go flat out when I can't see the corner 10 meters in front of me. What makes it worse is ghe amount they abuse this in the community challenges I understand they are meant to be hard but I have only see fog that thick a handful of times IRL.

Yeah really annoying! I quit last time's Pro Tour because of it! It was 2 consecutive races in Wales, each being so long like more than 10km, filled of fog! Not a single meter wasn't full of fog! It really turned me off! It's ********!
Although I drove relatively well, but a couple of mistakes proved deadly at high speed and zero visibility!
This really needs to be addressed!
Not gonna play any multiplayer games, career only for me!

Finally unlocked the Global Rally Series (I was saving it until last) and I'm disappointed. Five events of six stages? And only two of those stages are of any serious length?

It's the final championship of the game! It should be five rallies, all with twelve stages, and each of those stages should be at least ten kilometres long.

Is it true that there's another AI difficulty past the highest?
There's four - Racer, Pro, Champion and Fearless. You unlock Fearless when you win one of the four premier championships: the Global Rally Series, the Land Rush World Series, FIA World Rallycross Championship, or the Historic Super Series.

There's four - Racer, Pro, Champion and Fearless. You unlock Fearless when you win one of the four premier championships: the Global Rally Series, the Land Rush World Series, FIA World Rallycross Championship, or the Historic Super Series.

How harder is Fearless?

How harder is Fearless?
It's difficult to say. A lot of it depends on the car class and the location. I find them very competitive in Sweden, but I don't stand a chance in Australia. I can keep up with them in a Group B car, but I struggle with the R4 cars.

Weird, coz I remember I was on Demanding AI and then switched to Tough! Where does those come from?

Weird, coz I remember I was on Demanding AI and then switched to Tough! Where does those come from?
When you do the introductory event, the game recommends a difficulty level based on your time. There's Racer, Pro Champion and Fearless (which is locked regardless of your time). But when you go into the difficulty settings, they're named differently. Racer is "competent", Pro is "demanding", Champion is "tough" and Fearless is "brutal".

Starting to get into this game and I like it the more I play it. Thought I'd pop it back in after some frustrating Group B Metro moments in DR today.

The preset Rally championships are a little dull so far, but creating your own events is where the fun is. Ok -- earlier I said I didn't get into the whole team building aspect, but I was wrong.

Using some dice to determine the randomness of the stages in 'Your Stage', I created a 10 stage event at Michigan to run with my used Fulvia. It really feels like I'm starting from scratch, like an amateur with a car and some friends racing on the weekend. I like how the game warned me that my car wasn't equipped to handle the event I was about to tackle, but I didn't get concerned, I treated it like a challenge. That old Lancia creaked, moaned, rattled, vibrated all the way, but I managed to win the event (on competent AI). Fun.

Next up is Wales. I changed the AI difficulty to Challenging so we'll see what happens.

I've read about some criticisms of 'Your Stage', but it's the best part of this game. Don't need 'Land Rush', those buggie things, DiRT school, maybe not even Rallycross. Just give me more rally locations. Where's Finland?

Where's Finland?
Codemasters couldn't use it because of licencing restrictions. While they weren't expressly told to avoid it, they decided that it wasn't worth it (it's the same reason why they dropped Monte Carlo). Michigan was included as a substitute for Finland.

Finally unlocked the Global Rally Series (I was saving it until last) and I'm disappointed. Five events of six stages? And only two of those stages are of any serious length?

It's the final championship of the game! It should be five rallies, all with twelve stages, and each of those stages should be at least ten kilometres long.

Spoiler alert.
Its not the final championship of the game.

Codemasters couldn't use it because of licencing restrictions. While they weren't expressly told to avoid it, they decided that it wasn't worth it (it's the same reason why they dropped Monte Carlo). Michigan was included as a substitute for Finland.

That's too bad considering both tracks are in DR. Michigan is too flat to be a good substitution.

While we're talking about licensing, I wonder if the GT6 Course Maker was delayed because of licensing issues with Codemasters. Other than the tablet aspect of creating the tracks, the two systems seem kind of similar.

That's too bad considering both tracks are in DR. Michigan is too flat to be a good substitution.

While we're talking about licensing, I wonder if the GT6 Course Maker was delayed because of licensing issues with Codemasters. Other than the tablet aspect of creating the tracks, the two systems seem kind of similar.

D4 was released several years after GT6 course maker, Why would have been license issues?

D4 was released several years after GT6 course maker, Why would have been license issues?

Maybe both had plans to implement it years ago but PD was ready to release it first. There's probably all kinds of legal matters going on behind the scenes dealing with cars, tracks, features, etc between developers. Where's @Imari? He's the expert on these matters.

Back