Switch, mongo, fakie and nollie.

• Thread starter zoxxy
  • 255 comments
Man I haven't skated in awhile. It's too cold here to skate right now. I miss it. Last time I skated I was able to almost get a double kick flip varial moving. Up till then I could only do that sitting still after about 6-7 tries.

Man I haven't skated in awhile. It's too cold here to skate right now. I miss it. Last time I skated I was able to almost get a double kick flip varial moving. Up till then I could only do that sitting still after about 6-7 tries.

I'm hoping to get that good one day. I'm still working on my shove it. I've convinced my freind kyle to attempt the Ghetto Bird. Should be awesome.

I'm hoping to get that good one day. I'm still working on my shove it. I've convinced my freind kyle to attempt the Ghetto Bird. Should be awesome.

It doesn't take as long as you think. I just skate for like 4 months straight ( about 2 -3 hrs a day ) starting before summer break 06 and I kinda slowed down a bunch after that. But yea it took only a couple months to go from nothing to kick flips, shove-its, varials, bored slides and some other crap. I'm not that good though compared to the other guys around here. They all can kick my butt easily. You just gotta skate with other people and if you skate with someone better than you it's a lot better cuz they can tell yo uhow to do stuff. That's how got better. One of my friends was here every other week and would come back and show me a new trick and I'd work on that till he came back.

Pics, new and old. Mostly old though.

94199_1181948682.jpg

36803_1180794999.jpg

34863_1178720729.jpg

97616_1177875690.jpg

67266_1177440965.jpg

65075_1176031987.jpg

61589_1176032023.jpg

23176_1176032058.jpg

Adam! You've got so much better. It seems like you just started yesterday. Also, I think I had those shoes at some point.

I've finished school now and I plan on taking a half a year to a year off to have some fun (I'll have a part time job too, of course), so during that time I'll try and find some time to get back into skating.

Haha, thanks man! Yeah, this thread is hella old. That Zero I posted on the first or second page was my first pro board, so many memories.

And Jack, that's freaking great! You'll wish you've never stopped ;)

Well, earlier today I had to go to school to talk to one of my teachers. On the way back I decided to grab my skateboard from my friends house and on the way back home I decided I'd spend some time at the skatepark. I had a great time and it's safe to say I've still got it. My balance needed a bit of work, but I picked it up very quickly.

The only video I have is from me in a competition at a skatepark I'm not all too familiar with, shot in '04 or '05. I'll have to find it and upload it at some point.

I bought an Alien Workshop board a year ago. Does that make me cool, or do I actually have to know how to do stuff with it as well? It's a legit question! :P

I used to skateboard with Harold Hunter (Zoo York), Josh Kalis (DC) a few times, and quite a few others (when I lived in NYC), I'm sure most people haven't heard of, unless you're a die hard skater.

;)

Back