Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,666 comments
I gave an opinion and moved on. Y'all can't seem to let it go for some reason. For the sake of the thread, I ask that you stop trying to wave your e-dick around to satisfy your inferiority complex. Nobody cares what you do to your car, just as nobody should care about the fact that I have no interest in seeing the same Honda Civic/Volkswagen Golf/etc. on the same wheels for the 9000th time. Just get over it and move on.

Looks like we've gone half a page without a car because of this stupid **** so might as well fix that.

Speedhunters_Mark_Riccioni_Garage_Active_BNR32_GT-R_DSC03397.jpg

Speedhunters_Mark_Riccioni_Garage_Active_BNR32_GT-R_DSC02264-1-1200x799.jpg

Speedhunters_Mark_Riccioni_Garage_Active_BNR32_GT-R_DSC02145-1.jpg

I gave an opinion and moved on. Y'all can't seem to let it go for some reason. For the sake of the thread, I ask that you stop trying to wave your e-dick around to satisfy your inferiority complex. Nobody cares what you do to your car, just as nobody should care about the fact that I have no interest in seeing the same Honda Civic/Volkswagen Golf/etc. on the same wheels for the 9000th time. Just get over it and move on.

Moving on isn't

Literally who asked.

I'm glad you took my advice by the way
SVX
There's a difference between discussion and just complaining without posting what you feel is actually better *cough Sage*. Even I posted something. It's not hard?

--

300zx (4).jpg

300zx (3).jpg

300zx (2).jpg
civic (7).jpg
civic (8).jpg
civic (11).jpg
civic.jpg

SVX
Wasn't so much of a slight at working on a car, but the fact that people downplay suspension and wheels like you can go to Walmart and by the kit off the shelf. People with experience of modifying a car know that even wheels and suspension, tyre sizing requires homework in itself
I would be amazed if there weren't in fact off the shelf lowering kits for for EG/EK Honda Civics that you could install in an afternoon.

And aftermarket, more aggressive wheels are absolutely not a big deal and weren't even when I bought my first set back in 2014. The amount of research I needed to do for the set I just bought involved "going to a website that sold wheels" and "being told that other people with the same car had bought similar wheels and had pictures of them to show you on that same website".

SVX
Moving on isn't
posting in a thread to bitch about a post from a week prior that wasn't even on the same page anymore like you did, you're right.

SVX
I'm glad you took my advice by the way
The initial post you started this No True Scotsman dick measuring contest over in fact had a picture of a car in it to begin with, so it wasn't very good advice then.

Last edited:
I would be amazed if there weren't in fact off the shelf lowering kits for for EG/EK Honda Civics that you could install in an afternoon.

So you'd have the height set just right right out of the box too? Know what spring rates you'd be after? Get just the right amount of sidewall and offset you're after?

And aftermarket, more aggressive wheels are absolutely not a big deal and weren't even when I bought my first set back in 2014. The amount of research I needed to do for the set I just bought involved "going to a website that sold wheels" and "being told that other people with the same car had bought similar wheels and had pictures of them to show you on that same website".

Yes, just let me go to a site and buy TE37s from 2000. Or 2002 RG1s.
posting in a thread to bitch about a post from a week prior that wasn't even on the same page anymore like you did, you're right.

What's the difference in people bitching about something with no content and me bitching about those with just as boring of a complaint to just give it a rest and also supplying more of what I like?

The initial post you started this dick swinging contest in fact had a picture of a car in.

Wasn't just directed at him, but those who have complained time and time again like a broken record.

I think it's best to make our own thread and that way people can choose not to go in it, even though a limited amount of modifications shouldn't even account to tastefulness.

silvia (8).jpg

Last edited:
SVX
Wasn't so much of a slight at working on a car
It actually, literally, was.
SVX
tl;dr- what I was trying to say is don't call something boring when you haven't even done it yourself.
Why? There's a ton of music I don't like for multiple reasons - If I have never played an instrument does that mean I'm not allowed to dislike it?
SVX
Maybe there needs to be another variant of a variant of a variant of thread called the 'Simple Modifications Thread' where people can stop bringing it up?
Maybe allow people to like or dislike what they want and allow them to talk about if they feel like it. If you don't like it you can either discuss their opinion or just ignore it. That's pretty simple.

EDIT: andddd I can't believe a modification echo chamber was created :lol:

Last edited:
SVX
So you'd have the height set just right right out of the box too?
Possibly. You didn't build all the cars in this thread so you don't know if that was the case or if they installed some kit and called it close enough; and you're moving the goal posts anyway.

SVX
Know what spring rates you'd be after?
It's a pretty massive leap to assume that everyone who lowers a car and slaps bigger wheels on it gives even a slightest crap how it drives.

SVX
Get just the right amount of sidewall and offset you're after?
Literally step 1 of the wheel buying process is knowing how big you want your wheel to be and where you want it positioned in regards to the outside of the car. It's not even research that that point, because I've seen people regularly commit to that stuff and then adapt their car to work afterward. Again, I just bought wheels/tires more aggressive than the stock ones for my car, and the site basically held my hand through the entire process even though I didn't need it to. In 2014 I bought wheels/tires that were a much more aggressive change from stock than the ones I just bought for my current car, and I bought those from Tire Rack of all places.

It's not 2005 anymore, where the only fitment guide you have for whether something will fit is "that car in Tokyo Drift had them on it."

SVX
Yes, just let me go to a site and buy TE37s from 2000.
There are probably dozens of TE37 knockoffs to choose from even when sticking with things that have some sort of branding on them, some so close that I'm sure they've been posted in this thread with the apparent implication that the owner painstakingly researched and planned their purchase/build when they in fact went on eBay and typed "Honda TE37" and looked through the results that pop up for crappy Chinesium wheels.

SVX
Or 2002 RG1s.
https://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/wheels/17inch/gold-white-advan-rg1-wheel-set/

Plug Konig alone makes two different clones of the RG1, one of which is even forged itself; and a 17" high-ish offset 5x114.3/4x100 bolt pattern wheel isn't some super exotic concept that you'll have trouble finding a car for it to fit on.

SVX
What's the difference in people bitching about something with no content and me bitching about those with just as boring of a complaint to just give it a rest and also supplying more of what I like?
For starters the person you specifically named when complaining about people complaining without posting content in fact posted content.

Perhaps more importantly, this isn't Facebook group that you and your echo chamber buddies have control over. This is a thread on a discussion forum.

SVX
Wasn't just directed at him, but those who have complained time and time again like a broken record.
So do you regularly post member's names in posts when you are calling out behavior when you aren't specifically talking about them?

Because that's quite a tactic.

Last edited:
EDIT: andddd I can't believe a modification echo chamber was created :lol:
Really? I can't believe it took this long. How long has Reddit been around?

There are probably dozens of TE37 knockoffs to choose from
Plug Konig alone makes two different clones of the RG1
Sure, but...

SVX
No knockoff wheels, though. They aren't tasteful no matter the application.
I won't point out how hypocritical it is to be intolerant of criticism of what one finds tasteful and to preemptively criticize that which others may find tasteful.

Oops.

The ironic part of "mostly directed at me" is that this:

20150808_1200682.jpg

Is one of the more involved mods on that page. Export taillights are not easy to get working on a 93-96 C4.

Last edited:
If you don't think something is tasteful, then move on, or post something you think is. We're not having other threads on a myriad of different types of modifications. Before you know it, we'll have "post a red car" thread and the first comment will be, "that's maroon!"

What car is this?

Also, while looking for new cars to buy, I set my eyes on a couple of RS5s with reasonable prices. Then thought about turbo kits and was disappointed to find out the B8 RS5 only has a supercharger kit developed for it.

So I pressed on and found this gem with an interesting history on the Audizine forums:

It's an Audi S5 with a DIY twin turbo. Original owner in Illinois sold it to someone in NY. 6 months later it shows up for sale in Philadelphia.

Never got dyno numbers, never got any more details. Kind of an enigma, really. We know it's out there but we don't know if it runs or if it's been stripped for parts.

I really like the craftsmanship and the inter cooler locations. Also a custom molded carbon fiber intake cover and turbo shrouds would look absolutely mint. Custom fog light covers would make this into the ultimate sleeper.

253686d1361469937-turbo-e55-anyone-image.jpg

image-4.jpg

image-5.jpg

image-3.jpg

Last edited:
Back