Tattoo&piercing

Originally posted by Red Eye Racer
We'll as to the first paragraph, you never said SOME or this-or-that,... you said, and I quote,.... "It only expresses group",.. meaning "mindless followers". :rolleyes: Of course I'm gonna get defensive,.... you have even spoken in defense of freedom to peoples opinion in the past,.... we'll, isn't a tattoo similar to an opinion, something that should be accepted a someones personal belief? I think your being more contradictory than me here, though we may just not see on the same level. Maybe were both hypocrites,.... but I sure as hell know what I mean and what I meant to say.

And as far as BLAMING people? Blame for what? I'm blaming you for being incensitive to the subject matter,.... in fact, It's MY OPINION that you feal guilty about your tattoo's now that your 'older & wiser',.. and that is contributing to this assumption that it's a following. Maybe you followed, and thats your reconsiliation for why you did it,... I don't know,... but you can't deduce my personality from a simple image as you intially did,.. it's just not fair,... that why I was suprised to hear your view.

BTW,.... taking the comments of a supposed proffesional (tattoo artist) to heart like that, and pushing his theory on my is pathedic. Ya, your right, there are people out there who want to be accepted. And yes, they pick them right out of a book, and this guy see's it happen all day. Does that mean that the whole idea of a tattoo NOT being a personal form of 'self-expression' isn't true? It dosnt make sence that way. It's being stereotypical,.... and that's my biggest pet-peve.......

JMO,.......

Okay.

I have to side with milefile on this one. To the majority of people I've seen, the only significance of it is the ability to say "I got a tattoo". There are significant tattoos - such as the main characters of the Lord of the Rings movies all getting the same Elvish rune tattoo, to signify their friendship that developed during the long filming.

But what about a suburban whiteboy with a new Asian character tattoo? Does he even know what it means? I doubt it. It's a cultural symbol that's not even from his culture, chosen only to be another type of designer label. The same holds true for others - I knew a guy who had his whole upper body done. Most of them were just there to fill space, and half of them were lousy. They were all chosen out of a catalog... what was the point?

Ultimately the reason I've never gotten one is that nothing I've considered as a tattoo has ended up being a permanent part of my life. For instance, I played guitar hot and heavy for about a year when I was in college. I wanted a little tattoo of my red Gibson electric on the inside of my left wrist, where I could see it as I was playing. I never got it, and I'm glad I didn't, because I haven't played in about 10 years now... I just moved on. If I had the tat I'd have to constantly explain (even to myself) "well, I used to play the guitar, but I don't any more..."

It's just not worth it to me.

I've got two tats.
The Imperial insignia (from star wars) on my left shoulder, and a Tribal on the side of my right leg, from the knee down to the ankle

That's more than fair ND,.. I just find it offensive when people place me in that catagory.

I've always had a facination with dragons (tattoo on calf),.... I think their the greatest fictional beasts ever imagined. They were a dominant creature ruled by no other,... and that's how I feal about myself.

As for the bulldog, not only was it my nickname though my wrestling career, but it is also a reflection of my personality. I do have a very gentle demeener (sp?), but if you piss me off, I'll rip your friggin throat out.

Stereotyping is no way to look at it,... but then again,... this isn't the opinions forum either,... is it.

Whn/if I get a tattoo, its going to be something that I design and something that has signicant meaning to me. Not some designer bull-**** but something i know that no-one else is going to have.

Uhh. Im not even going to bother reading those huge posts.. Whats with you people always making these threads into some sort of huge opinion thread? If it was meant to be a thread of opinions on piercings/tattoos, it would have been placed in the opinions forum. Dred made this thread to ask if you have any piercings. C'mon people, stop making such a ruckus.

Oh, and i have my left ear pierced. Pierced it when i was about 6 or 7. Havent worn anything in it since i was 8.

Everyone here's so uptight about everything...

So what if someone wants to get tattooed all over his body... It's his body, not yours, you can't do much about that. He'll probably regret it later on in his life, but that shouldn't matter to anyone else but him (him being whoever thinks he'd need tattoos.)

I got my first tattoo at the age of 18. I chose to get tattoed, because i couldn't think of another way to honor my lost friend's memory... to show people i cared about him. I'm not regretting it, not at all in fact. These two letters on my arm might not mean anything to most people that see me, but to me it does, and that's what's important.

i have two holes in my left ear. one is bigger than normal (8 gauge) and the other is standard size. i may get a tattoo i may not ill see whaere i stand on this when im 18

I've got a tattoo just beneath my t-shirt line on my back. I plan on expanding it to include more detail this fall. :) I like the inking process, and it's an expression of self.

I'd like to get a temporary tattoo of a flamejob spreading from my asscrack. It'd be way cool to look at in the water while wiping my butt. SO Metal.

I'd like a piercing when I'm older. Where? Not suitable for here.

I know this guy with piercings everywhere.
I mean everywhere. They are so cool!

Some tattoos are nice looking, but i can't think of anything creative to print on my body. I have one piercing in my left ear, but I've been thinking of getting some more piercings... Even to the "sensitive" areas. It might hurt abit, but i somehow like the idea of "family jewels".

I have 7 piercings, no tattoos as yet but i wouldnt mind one but erm, i dunno if i could handle the pain.

My 7 piercings are just in my ears 3 in the right ear and 4 in the left. (2 in the lobe on each ear, and then 2 in my left ear at the hard cartilage in the top my ear and then one in the right at the top in the hard cartilage)

Update I just got my right ear pierced to go along with my left one. Over all I have had 3piercings but only 2 I still have. I have 2 in the left ear and one in the right. I the 2nd one in the left ear I think closed. The one in my left ear is an 8 gauge.

I might ask the doc to stick a piece of metal in my back/arm/leg so when I go throught security at the airport, it sets off the detector (just to bring that subject back).

Wow, that's really dumb.

(I am aware I'm quoting something posted eons ago.)

I just got my first tattoo, my dad did it for me while I was spending spring break with him. It's supposed to represent him, as his zodiac sign is Pisces, which is a fish. I'd like my next tattoo to be a lion because my mom is a Leo.

Here's a couple pictures. All together it took about 3 1/2 hours.

Loon - That looks pretty cool to me, although I prefer my tattoos in B&W. 👍
But the guy (or gal) who did yours apparently did a good job, not like many people around that think they're tattoo artists because they work on a tattoo shop but can't even draw a decent stick figure. :ill:

Now, these are really bad tattoos, no matter where you look at them:

unicorns12a9590ok0.jpg

bear12b3f75pn8.jpg

badtattoo12be027kl0.jpg

badtattoo1112d1dc2mm3.jpg

badasstattoo12fd7bekl1.jpg

:rolleyes:

Loon - That looks pretty cool to me, although I prefer my tattoos in B&W. 👍
But the guy (or gal) who did yours apparently did a good job,

My dad did it for me. He didn't pay for it, he actually did it.

Cool tat Loon, your dad is a really talented artist. Why did you get it on your leg and not your arm? Just curious.

Cool tat Loon, your dad is a really talented artist. Why did you get it on your leg and not your arm? Just curious.

My dad always told me to save your arms for something really nice because your arms are always going to be more out in the open then most of your body. I'm not sure what I want on my arms, but I'm saving them for some famous artists such as Paul Booth and Mike Cole.

That and my calf is bigger than my arm and I plan on expanding this tattoo with some more aquatic figures. I'd like to sleeve out both my legs from my knees down at least.

Wow, you've got a talented artist right at home. 👍

I've been wanting a certain tattoo for years, but no artist around here is talented enough to pull it off (apart one in Lisbon, but I'd have to schedule it with about one year advance and he totally overprices his - awesome - work).

But my favourite artist would have to be Anil Gupta.

Back