Tattoo&piercing

Last post from me for a while, having a summer break from tattooing.
Will continue with the ribs during the winter :ouch:

IMG_6366.jpg

IMG_6367.jpg

I have full sleeve on both arms, back, front and up to my neck. Only allowed myself to get them when I got big from doing weights, just worried about what they will look like when I get old!

Yoshimitsu? Mariah Carey?
Srry, didn't read this section in while :crazy:

Could be but no, both are drawn freehand (without stencil) by my tattooartist.
The pin-up on the back of my arm is based on an anime figure though (Kousaka Shigure), original drawing visible on my public profile ;)

Couldn't wait till winter to continue the summer is crap in Holland so......Sunday will we'll do the 1st of I think 4 or 5, 3 to 4 hour sessions on the ribs :scared:

We've got some new ink done this weekend.

Dali sleeve in construction on the wife.

IMG-20120728-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20120728-WA0000.jpg

And I'm a Tengu richer, 4hours straight but wasn't as bad as I thought it would be :dopey:

2012-07-29203759.jpg

That's awesome, right up there with the guy at work who has the mandalorian logo tattoo'd behind his left ear! 👍

Thanks dude. It's going to be the centre of a much larger tattoo that's not Star Wars related. I'm still sketching out ideas at present.

I've thought about getting a mandalorian mythosaur tat, they look pretty badass.

Awesome tat bladezzz, love the little detail in the eyes. Everyone says the side hurt, how did you find it??
The "lovehandles" hurt the most IMO, ribs didn't bother me very much.
Actually all tat's done on bone (shoulder, backbone, knee cap, ribs) don't bother me at all, I'm having more ouch moments on the spots with thin skin like backside knee (google translate: popliteal) or just above the anckle.

Tattoartist did say I was one of the few to say that though :lol:

Thanks dude. It's going to be the centre of a much larger tattoo that's not Star Wars related. I'm still sketching out ideas at present.

I've thought about getting a mandalorian mythosaur tat, they look pretty badass.

Looking forward to see the pics ;)

Well, I started off last year with wrist tattoo's. I got lyrics to a song that meant a lot to me.
"Lonesome Lows" and "Dizzying Highs" from Emily Haine's Dr. Blind.
21730410150156012900356.jpg

Then, I realized how addicting tattoo's were...
I've always liked the symbolism of owls and what they represent so I got one on the inside of my left forearm with a little musical touch that the artist added in which I thought was perfect for me.
img1543r.jpg

Then I got a dying tree on the inside of my right forearm with two green leaves and one dying and falling off. All 3 leaves represent important people in my life.
38864610150420887990356.jpg

And this Friday I'll be getting this zombified Marilyn Monroe on the back of my left arm.

I've been a huge zombie subculture fan and I've also been a big fan of 50's-60's pinup models and I thought to myself, why not combine the two and use one of the most recognizable sex symbols/actress/model of the era.

My fiancée is a tattoo artist, and naturally has loads, many of which she has done herself. I think they are incredibly sexy.
I only have one - a Japanese dragon on my right arm, done by "Sailor Bill II" in Coleraine, Northern Ireland.
I'll try get some pictures uploaded at some point....

And it's done, it's super swollen in this photo but it looks amazing now!
Took about 4.5 hours.

Tatoos? Hmm...I'll be honest, I did have a slight interest in one when I was younger; but now I can safely say no.

Piercings? Oh my goodness, NO!
They're not nice/attractive/interesting or clever. :)

I have both my ear lobes pierced... but that's as far as I'm going. Currently got fake tapers in them right now. I like the look of tapers... I just don't fancy stretching a great big hole in my ears. The other day I saw a guy with huuuuuuuge tunnels in his ears. I literally could have fit my fist and arm through his ear. :scared:

I'd love a small tattoo once I'm old enough, but I have no idea what of. I was thinking a small tattoo of our Ford Mondeo... yes, I know, you're laughing, but that Mondy holds a lot of sentimental value to me. Plus, it'd only be a small one. :sly:

I don't have any piercings and surely don't plan to. I have 5 tattoos, each one representing something to me: my kids, friends who died, old memories. There's even one i had during my Vegas vacation two years ago.

Not only this topic back to life but also Salvador Dali on my GF arm 👍

portret.jpg

And the original ;)

Salvador_Dali_Flower_Moustache.jpg

In 2 weeks time it's my turn again :dopey:

Is there any reason Hannya masks are so popular for tattoos at the minute? Given the meaning behind them I find it a bit bizarre that so many males are getting them! Or is it just for the way it looks?

Anyway here is my girlfriend's new tattoo by Dave Carson in Leamington Spa. It took 8 hours, she had it done yesterday immediately after a 9 hour flight. :lol:

67992510151263245330365.jpg

Take good care of it (high factor sunscreen, 50+), tattoos without a bold outline are hard to keep nice..!

For me a Hannya (and all of my tat's) have nothing to do with meaning, I just like 'm :dopey:

Take good care of it (high factor sunscreen, 50+), tattoos without a bold outline are hard to keep nice..!

For me a Hannya (and all of my tat's) have nothing to do with meaning, I just like 'm :dopey:

She's had 9 tattoos already, her biggest one was without an outline so I'm sure she'll be fine looking after it! 👍 I'll try and get a good photo of the one on her back, she always wears backless dresses to show it off but it means loads of people stop to ask her where she got it done, which is a bit annoying if you're having a quiet evening out together :lol:

I have a full sleeve on my right arm, top of my left arm done, some on my chest, soon to get my shoulders done and a double wrist piercing on my right arm.

Back