Team Mallala || Welcome to Trouty + thekillerelite || Recruiting

• Thread starter Stavingo
  • 1,467 comments
I just tried joining and I got a couldn't connect to server error, I'm gonna try something and then hop back on GT5 to see if it worked.

Just post the room number and I'll try and join as soon as possible.

if you just wanna try make a lobby, i'll try join it that way bro/.

SVX
BTW, what happens with cars like the RE-Animeya RX-7? I read in the OP that the cars have to be Chameleon Orange, which is impossible for those cars as they are unpaintable. I guess you could put some custom wheels on and paint them, though. 💡

Well in practice lobbies and such we're not as fussed about the colour of your car, but in competitions you should try and have a car which you can paint that colour 👍

if you just wanna try make a lobby, i'll try join it that way bro/.

Keep your room open, I'll try and join now.

Well in practice lobbies and such we're not as fussed about the colour of your car, but in competitions you should try and have a car which you can paint that colour 👍

Cheers!

So, are we all good for 8, 9 or 10 am (NZ time)?

Last edited:
Yeah looks like it unless my parents want to go out tomorrow, so I'll probably tell you when they make up their mind tomorrow :lol:

Well welcome to our newest member Fumergamer to the team, had a very solid run in his tryout and his warmup so I couldn't resist 👍

The only advice for improving internet i can give is to buy yourself a long Ethernet cable off eBay (it shouldn't cost more than the range extender) and run that puppy straight from your ps3 to either the router or (if possible) a direct outlet. I did so about 6 months ago and it's been borderline faultless ever since. Nothing beats a wired connection :)

Sorry for my absolute absence over the past number of months, but I've been flat out like a lizard drinking, with everything from working on my GT5 setup, to painting (what has become) the games room, to wiring together a button box. Add to that all the everyday crap that we've all been digging through for a while and i've been a busy beaver.

So, now that i'm close to finishing the painting and the new rig is getting ever closer to usability, I should start sliding back into the fold shortly 👍

PS. It's great to see activity in this thread again, it's been far too long between drinks

The only advice for improving internet i can give is to buy yourself a long Ethernet cable off eBay (it shouldn't cost more than the range extender) and run that puppy straight from your ps3 to either the router or (if possible) a direct outlet. I did so about 6 months ago and it's been borderline faultless ever since. Nothing beats a wired connection :)

Sorry for my absolute absence over the past number of months, but I've been flat out like a lizard drinking, with everything from working on my GT5 setup, to painting (what has become) the games room, to wiring together a button box. Add to that all the everyday crap that we've all been digging through for a while and i've been a busy beaver.

So, now that i'm close to finishing the painting and the new rig is getting ever closer to usability, I should start sliding back into the fold shortly 👍

PS. It's great to see activity in this thread again, it's been far too long between drinks

Well are those drinks alcoholic or not cause it may hinder your productivity :lol:

My problem is that I can't run the ethernet cable, I'd love to but my setup is on one side of the house and the router is another so I think the best I can do is get a range extender.

Good to hear all the progress man, maybe you should snap a few pics of your rig once you're done.

Anyways I'm done with GT5 and I'm gonna go hop on another game now.

EDIT: Happy new year everyone! :cheers:

Last edited:
Hey Stavingo, what are the chances of getting a few lessons?

I have been looking around the Forums, apparently Team Mallala are pretty damn decent drifters. Could you teach me your ways? (Tenacious D - The Pick Of Destiny (Movie), hahahaha. )

If not, any suggestions as to whom can give me some top notch in-game advice and tune-up ideas to get me rolling? :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO THE Team Mallala Gang! Rip that clutch. ;)

Well im getting my PS3 back today.
Don't know how long until I get GT5 again.
So I will be drifting again, so even if the team ins't very active it would be good drifting with a few of you guys.

Last edited:
Sorry SVX, I forgot to set an alarm this morning and I slept in :(

I have been looking around the Forums, apparently Team Mallala are pretty damn decent drifters. Could you teach me your ways? (Tenacious D - The Pick Of Destiny (Movie), hahahaha. )

If not, any suggestions as to whom can give me some top notch in-game advice and tune-up ideas to get me rolling? :)

I give out a few impromptu lessons, just try and swing by a lobby I'm in or trying to host and I'll try and give you a few pointers.

I guess we can do a full on lesson in each others private lobbies if you want but I guess we should set up a time and date 👍

I could offer you some drift lessons using the Trololvo. :lol:

I could offer you some drift lessons using the Trololvo. :lol:

I'm sure he would absolutely love lessons from the classic shoebox :lol:

EDIT: Congrats to SVX as he has also joined our team :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm sure he would absolutely love lessons from the classic shoebox :lol:

EDIT: Congrats to SVX as he has also joined our team :cheers:

Thanks man! I'm absolutely wrapped! :cheers:

Happy New Years to everyone too. :cheers:

Happy new year guys, good to see your getting more active 👍

Back