The 2010 NASCAR caption competition - Congratulations TS - OPEN SEASON!

• Thread starter Ian Poole
  • 579 comments
Okay then guys, time is up....thank god ;)

It is time to start the voting and here is how it works for this round

I am going to put all of the Montoya ones together and you pick your top two for that one. I am going to put all of the Ambrose ones together and again, you pick two for that. Now there are some that have used both pics in the same one but I will put them together and, if you choose to pick one of those, you then only get one vote for Montoya and the Ambrose pick. If you are confused, send me a PM and I will explain it a little more clearly.

So, here are the Montoya selection:

nascarcup-2010-atl-rs-0006.jpg

JPM: Wait! You said Connie is doing what with Jamie?!

JPM: Are you sure there isn't anything I can do to make you rip up that ticket officer?? Maybe a night with Danica perhaps??

nascardanicapatrickauto.jpg

Danica: What the 🤬!!!

TS
Crew member: Hey Juan, they're playing highlights of the Vegas cup race on the jumbotron!

Experts are predicting the next big earthquake will take place somewhere in Columbia.

JPM: "So let me get this straight, I only turn left?"
Brian Pattie: "For the millionth time Juan, Yes!!!!!!"

JPM: "It really against the law here? I need get back into F1"

Here are the Ambrose selection:

229131-marcos-ambrose-nascar.jpg

"I am Marcos Ambrose, master of the top 15 finish"

MA: If you SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...what the Ambrose...no wait, that is the curry I had last night!

TS
Ambrose: If only the throttle on my camry stuck instead of blowing up motors......

"You can do anything but lay off of my blue suede shoes."

Look in the pits, is it a bird, is it a plane....no, it's SUPER AMBROSE!!

I'm too sexy for my suit too sexy for my suit
So sexy it hurts

Australian custom states that every racecar driver must stare intently at nothing before the start of each race.
[/CENTER]

And here are the ones that used both:

"Hey, Juan, did I ever tell you about that time I got into an accident with Michael Jackson?"

MA: Im waiting for toreto.
[FnF] It's not how you stand by your car, It's how you race your car [/FnF]

JPM: Really?

M.A. - That damn pizza boy missed delivery again !!!!!

J.P.M. - Hey,no-one told Ambrose about the pizza yet,have they ?

M.A "I really miss racing in the rain, the sunburn really burns the top of my head"

J.P.M "BALD!"

So my picks:

JPM:
1. mafia_boy
2. Justin

Ambrose:

1. mafia_boy
2. Pescara For GT5

Right then, get voting and you have until the start of the Food City 500 to get it done!

Good work so far guys but if you haven't voted, you ned to get your vote in before this Sunday's Food City 500

Your vote could make the difference!

Sorry for the double post guys but time to get your vots in, you have twenty four hours to cast your vote.

Am thinking of a little change to the voting rules as well but nothing confirmed yet!

My picks.

JPM
1. Nicksfix
2. Ian Poole

Ambrose

1. Nicksfix
2. crazytortise

I didn't post any captions as I wasn't very creative this week.

I have two quick questions about the game, you seem to have a Chase format worked out, how will that work, and weekends where the Nationwide and Truck series are off and the Cup series is racing, what will the deadlines for voting/captioning be??

I have two quick questions about the game, you seem to have a Chase format worked out, how will that work, and weekends where the Nationwide and Truck series are off and the Cup series is racing, what will the deadlines for voting/captioning be??

Two very good questions Pesc.

The Chase will work that the top twelve will go forward to the final rounds, we will round it up to the nearest hundred and then you get an extra ten points for every win, a bit like the NASCAR chase.

I don't know of any weekend when the Cup cars don't share with the Nationwide and/or the trucks but if I find one, i will come to that bridge when I see it.

We have about an hour left so guys, get the posts in! Your votes could make all the difference!

Right then guys, time to call time on this one and I know what a lot of you are thinking; thank god!

Now for the winner of the Montoya picture and the winner there is:

1. mafia_boy - 7pts
2. Justin - 5pts
3. Pescara For GT5 - 4pts
=4. TS - 2pts
=4. NicksFix - 2pts
6. Ian Poole - 1pt

And the winner for the Ambrose pic is:

1. TS - 7pts
=2. mafia_boy - 4pts
-2. peterjford - 4pts
=4. Pescara For GT5 - 2pts
=4. crazytortoise - 2pts

So TS and mafia_boy win their respective rounds and will enter the All-Star Caption but the overall winner is, if you have been keeping score:

1st. mafia_boy - 11pts
2nd. TS - 9pts
3rd. Pescara For GT5 - 6pts
4th. Justin - 5pts
5th. peterjford - 4pts
=6th. NicksFix - 2pts
=6th. crazytortoise - 2pts
8th. Ian Poole - 1pt (thanks 01GTP :))

So therefore mafia_boy is the overall round winner and mafia, i will be expecting your picture soon!

🤬 WOO HOO!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D My first victory in either caption competition!! :D:D:D Thankyou all for the votes guys!! 👍

I'll go searching for a pic and come back to you in a few hours Ian. :cool:

🤬 WOO HOO!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D My first victory in either caption competition!! :D:D:D Thankyou all for the votes guys!! 👍

I think he's happy guys

Anyone, he brought me the pic and a here we go!

29bbf4f3-1422-10bc-748c198b784fc6be.jpg

Now we all know it is Cousin Carl but I am expecting a few captions with someone in ;)

You will know see from the thread title that I have put the deadline to get your captions in.

Good luck and get captioning guys.

My entry is:

CE (to Keselowski off screen): Yes Brad, you found out that Aflac does get under your wing

Reporter: So first it was Harvick you rammed, now Keselowski, who's next?
Edwards: I'd like to ram Danica, but not with my car. :D

Okay guys, time's up, ding, ding, ding

You get to use your voting know how and pick the winner, you have fi=orty eight hours exactly to get your votes in

CE (to Keselowski off screen): Yes Brad, you found out that Aflac does get under your wing

"Thank you, thank you. For my next song I want to invite Danica up here for a duet"

*singing* What the world needs now is love, sweet love *whispers under breath* and getting rid of that Keselowski kid wouldn't hurt either.

TS
Carl Edwards doing his best

profilepic256761.png

Reporter: So first it was Harvick you rammed, now Keselowski, who's next?
Edwards: I'd like to ram Danica, but not with my car. :D

"Well, he flipped me off so I returned the favor."

Look Mom , no cavitys. Can I be a poster boy for Colgate toothpaste now ?

Good luck guys and remember, forty eight hours!

My votes are:

1. TS
2. mafia_boy

Last edited:
Okay with the voting over, it is time to announce the winner and the winner is, for the second week in a row, mafia_boy!

mafia_boy - 7pts
Omnis - 6pts
Ian Poole - 4pts
TS - 3pts
NicksFix - 3pts
peterjford - 1pt

So well done to him and I will look forward to getting the picture from you.

Now then, onto my other announcement which involves The All-Star Caption.

Every caption that you vote on, not only will you put your two picks here for who should win each week BUT, I would like for you, via my PM, to send me who should get a third vote. All of these third votes will be tallied up and, at the end of the caption before The All-Star Caption, the winner will be announced and then added into the field of the fortunate who enter the All-Star Caption. So it is a bit like a fan vote but only I will know who is voting for who.

Any clarification, give me a buzz and I will explain it but starting next voting, this will be brought into effect

Back