The Acura Integra is coming back in 2022!

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 259 comments
I mean it’s a hotted-up Honda Civic. That’s what every Integra is. At least it’s in line with what they’ve always done for this particular model.

Hopefully a Type R comes down the line. But this is pretty much what I expected for a base model. Nobody does two door cars anymore. Actually it’s pretty ballsy launching a new sedan in North America in the first place. Nobody here drives sedans anymore either.

Would have been nice to see a new EG6. I guess that’s what the HondaE is... in spirit.
In Southeast Asia, Honda Brio got you covered I guess:
1642866774285.png

1642866786959.png

Thanks for sharing the posts. I think everyone watched some of his videos with interesting cars to their liking. I took a look at the recent uploaded ones and wouldn't be interested in any of them. Fair to him he does pump out lots of videos but I guess that is part of the problem. The content is not that interesting if the cars aren't iconic or appealing to a wide audience. For the new sportscar stuff you would use other channels which actually drive the cars and people who can talk about the driving feel and not what's in the glovebox. Especially from the UK corner there are so many good channels for tests of sportscars.
Pretty sure the penalty from the algorithm kicks even harder having 4,5 Million subscribers and not even a quarter is watching the most clicked videos. Means they're even more irrelevant and don't get suggested to new viewers. There is just so much car related content on youtube (especially in English) that it is very difficult to keep your audience if you're always doing the same (often boring) stuff mutiple times a week. Sorry for offtopic.

I have to say I like the new Integra. It has the wrong name but the car seems like a very good value and a better option to a Civic. Still amazed how cheap such kind of new cars are in the USA. But I'm quiet sure this will be hard to sell nowadays where everyone would pick a SUV or a Camry over this.

Last edited:
It is very unfair and for most people it is a lot of work. Not that surprising that burnout is a common illness for content creators.

Especially since this trend of reaction videos started there is much going down the drain. The fact top "creators" can gain a lot of revenue relying on the hard work of small creators which getting 0 income by just watching their videos can possibly kill youtube. I don't understand why yt doesn't change that by simply splitting the income sth like 50/50 up to 90/10 (90 for the actual creator who put the time and work into creating the video) on reaction videos. Some people already stopped making videos since it just doesn't make sense creating videos which will be mostly watched in a reaction.

Not sure if there is a topic for it but I guess we should start one.

It is very unfair and for most people it is a lot of work. Not that surprising that burnout is a common illness for content creators.

The nagging feeling of satisfying the never-ending hunger cycle of an extremely fickle audience can be tough. I tend to have that feeling with work at times and even the spare-time stuff I create for an audience of about twelve people (or less). Knowing it's a very small and accepting audience lets the pilot light burn just about right. As the phrase for Brooklands used to say: the right crowd and no crowding.

But doing that for thousands of times more viewers means a personal tightrope walk along a chasm of nausea. Yay...you've completed it! Can you run faster next time? Do you mind if I copy you? How can I capitalize on your failure? It's hours of work for a few moments of finding out how many likes/followers you have.

It might be right for some, so good for them, if they're not a total jerk about it. But I really don't want that in my life...you're chasing trends and at the whim of an algorithm that's rearranging your payout every week or month.

First World Problem tough? Well...yes. But imagine the same thing happening to a struggling artist, who throws their heart, soul, every last time and dime into it, and that's where it feels very unsatisfying if you don't have an escape outlet or the financial ability to just walk away from that kind of stress.

Last edited:
So like, why would I not just buy an Accord or a Civic instead?
Can't get a manual or hatchback in the Accord, and it has both the manual and the hatchback which you can't get with the Civic Si. It's got a unique position in the lineup and is definitely a different car than the other two.

Last edited:

1651193483076.png

2023 Integra Trim LevelTransmissionPrice (before $1,095 destination)Total MSRP
IntegraCVT$30,800$31,895
Integra A-SpecCVT$32,800$33,895
Integra A-Spec w/ Technology PackageCVT or 6-Speed Manual$35,800$36,895

By comparison, the Honda Civic Si with the same powertrain starts at $28,315. However, it must be noted that the Honda is only available in sedan format versus Integra's five-door hatchback design. The Si also doesn't feature Integra's adaptive dampers or drive modes, as well as various tech upgrades like the heads-up display. New Integras also come with Acura's maintenance program that includes select factory-scheduled service visits for the first two years or 24,000 miles of ownership.

Is anyone out there looking to spend nearly 40k (realistically, probably 40k+ with the inevitable options that dealers will order and markup) on an uglier Civic Si? This just seems utterly dumb. Maybe if it had the CTR engine and AWD, but come on. Why would anyone buy this?

Last edited:
Back in ‘04, I made the mistake of buying an EP3 instead of a TSX(really, should have gotten that off lease black S2000, but anywho). If I was wanting a Honda product in the USA, big line through the Integra after seeing that pricing.

I still can't believe Honda killed the Civic coupe without a replacement and the Integra is a 5-door hatch like the Civic hatch already exists :confused:

I still can't believe Honda killed the Civic coupe without a replacement and the Integra is a 5-door hatch like the Civic hatch already exists :confused:
We've discussed their market placements a lot in the thread already. Basically, there is no Civic Si hatch which means you can't get the big engine with a manual in the Civic hatch. Also, the Civic hatch is a smaller car than the sedan, shorter, which doesn't maximize cargo space. But the Integra will have the Si's big engine with a manual and it also has more cargo space. It takes the best parts about the Civic sedan, hatch, and Si, and combines them into one vehicle. The differences seem small but it results in a more premium car with a premium price.

I just wish it didn't look lame as hell. Somehow the Civic hatch looks like a more fun car to drive.

Last edited:
No one buys FWD coupes anymore. It makes total sense that the Civic Coupe was dropped. It simply sold terribly when compared to the sedan.

Back