The Barclay's Premiership - 05/06 season over (plenty of spurs toilet humor here)

• Thread starter Race Idiot
  • 552 comments
It's because the smaller teams often don't play for a win against teams like Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea, they stick 9 men behind the ball and play with one man on the break, rather than them playing to score a goal they play to not conceed one which normaly makes sense for a team that would get ripped araprt if they opened up, but yesterday Sunderland needed to win to have any chance of staying up. Getting a draw is the same as loosing to them so why not say what the hell, let's attack and see if we can score, if they lose they lose, but putting 9 men behind the ball will at best, only give you a draw, so in efect they were playing to lose because a draw for them was as good as losing.

Yeah, i guess you're right. I wonder if Sunderland will have a record low number of points or something? Or do they already hold the record from their last season in the prema few years aga?

I think it's 16 points, from their last Premiership venture.

Edit:

In the 2002/03 season Sunderland finished the Premiership season with only 19 points, the lowest points tally ever recorded in the Premiership. They are on pace to break their own unwanted record during the current 2005/06 season- as of April 14 they have only 12 points.

Mmm. Going to set a new record then.

Man City lost agian, unlucky with the second offside, the two players were level exept for one of his feet, the first goal, I mean what was Richards thinking, what a plank. Sure he's 19, but it was going in, it was inches from the goal line, why did he have to touch it when he was in an offside position. Plank.

Famine
I think it's 16 points, from their last Premiership venture.

Edit:

Mmm. Going to set a new record then.

Oh dear. At least they can say that they're record breakers.

As for Man City, i don't know what is up with them recently. It seems like loss after loss for them, hopefully they will pick up again soon because i do quite like them.

El Gigante
Oh dear. At least they can say that they're record breakers.

Sunderland haven't entirely walked away from the Premiership empty-handed :D, that should bring comfort to some of the fans!

Aresenal didn't win again, I've not heared all the results over the weekend though. yesterday I was too busy with the FA cup match then being a night owl and today I was too busy pulling achillies actually playing football.

Ball's, big fat ball's.

Well done to Chelsea, it was inevitable they would win the title again over the last couple of weeks, just a pity they won it today.

Yeah, we did better this year, but we need o strenthen our midfield if we're going to win the title again, with the midfield we have, we lack consistency, also Mikel Silvestre need's to go, he's the most on/off player we have, he'll have a great game one day and put some great balls in, defend well etc, then another game he'll be marking someon, the guy he's marking will run one way and he'll run the other, or just stand still, and right infront of our goal as well. We need more consitency, Silvestre won't provide that. I'm not totally convinced by Park, he's got energy and spirit, but what exactley does he create in a game, he rarely create's play, so he's not a creative player, he doesn't score goals, so he's not a natural goal scorer, he just run's up and down the pitch like his pubes are on fire. onaldo, he will be a great player, I'm convinced of that, but he need's a good smack round the head, and somone to tell him o get over himself and to stop trying to out-do Rooney, because whenever he does, he doesn't pull it off.

Van the man, is absolutely superb, when his balls are there, he's looked a bit shakey this year, started out fantastic, but even with his bad spell, he was still the second highest scorer in the prem. Saha has got pace, and poweful shot and can pull off a pass from time totime, but he's not got much ball control, so he can't recieve fast passes that well.

Vidic, not sure on him yet, he get's stuck in, which I like, but he also tugs on shirt's a bit, and gives away free kicks right outside our box, nich gut. Good player, just need's to control his hirt pulling. Heinz (baked beans) has been great, pity he got injured so badly. Smith, not incredibly skillful, but he's all over the pitch and has good vision, he can create great moves, again, it's apity he got so badly injured as well. Wes Brown is a great player, I rate him quite highly.

I tell you what I'd like to see next year, one or two new mid fielders coming in, and good one's, Silvestre going out, John O'Shea, not sure what I'd do with him, maybe use him as a sub in most games, not sure. I'd also like to see Rossi come into the first team a bit more, he's fantastic for his age, he's got pace, control, vision, need's to build himself up a bit perhaps, so he doesn't get knocked off the ball as easilly, but for his age, I think he's great and well worth bringing through a bit more. If Richardson can, Rossi certainly can.

I love Giuseppi Rossi, he's really cool and i can remember him bagging a couple of goals in a Carling Cup game once. I think he will be a great player in the future.

Yep, they've had a great season, they've pretty much secured 4th place, Arsenal need to win all three of their remaining games, if Tottenham win thier last one their 4th.

As a team I like tottenham, they play good football and have allot of young tallent mixed with some older experenced players. It's a shame I can't stand Spurs fans though, god damn bunch of err Spurs fans. Well it doesn't help living about 4 miles away from white heart lane I suppose.

He's Portugese :D. He's said he's staying at Chelsea, you can watch him say it on bbc.co.uk/sport, but he does say he's not been enjoying himself as much as he should be here, and hasn't had a very enjoyable year last year.

well, liverpoo won again, i was at the game, and my dad sat next to robbie fowler's wife! no kidding!

and, WHAT A GOAL FROM STEVIE G!

We managed to scrape a final fourth position finish. Arsenal have done me proud and well played Henry!!

Back