The Barclay's Premiership - 2004/2005 Season - Thread

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 1,312 comments
_40082803_arsene270.jpg

:grumpy:

Pre-season friendly scores...

Kezman scored on his Chelsea debut against Oxford. Final score 1-1.

Reyes and Jeffers both scored hatricks as Arsenal beat Barnet 10-1.

EDIT: Why the hell have they changed the old Division One into 'The League Championship'? That's like giving the worst kid in the class a Milk Monitor's badge!

Sheffield Wednesday beat Barrow, away, 9-0 in a friendly last night.

Just in case anyone cares.

Hey - we beat Preston North End 3-2 in a friendly in Ibiza. And they're a division higher than us.

Beaten anyone in a higher division lately, ARSEnal? :lol:

Famine
Hey - we beat Preston North End 3-2 in a friendly in Ibiza. And they're a division higher than us.

Beaten anyone in a higher division lately, ARSEnal? :lol:

Thats like asking Lance Armstrong after the Tour de France, "So, who else did you beat this year?". ;)

Yep. But we're pleased every time we beat someone supposedly better than us. All you've got to look forward to is being beaten by someone you shouldn't be...

Ummm well last season we beat a few teams that are now in the CocaCola Premiership (or whatever its called). That sounds good doesn't it!!!

Famine
Yep. But we're pleased every time we beat someone supposedly better than us. All you've got to look forward to is being beaten by someone you shouldn't be...

Well, once you are at the top it becomes a case of battening down the hatches. Whilst other *cough* teams are still pulling on their long johns, we are already manning the castle turrets.

Thought you were a Canary, Famine. Or have I been mislead once again?

PS Where did you pick up that 'ARSEnal' gag? Poundstretcher? 'cause it was pretty cheap!

chaser_fan
PS Where did you pick up that 'ARSEnal' gag? Poundstretcher? 'cause it was pretty cheap!

Don't diss the ARSE................nal.

[stir]Is it me or is Viera leaving?[/stir]

My caps lock stuck on. It was apposite, so I left it. ARSEne... :D

I DID live in Norwich (and do a degree there), but I'm no Delia...

Race Idiot
[stir]Is it me or is Viera leaving?[/stir]

He would be stupid to. Beckham played like a chump as soon as he moved to Real, same for Mcmanaman, same for Anelka. If they do flog him, they better get some big bucks to find a replacement.

30m if he goes. I don't think he will though although this rumour seems to have more truth behind it than most.

I'm thinking he's not, although if you think about it it would be good to look for a replacement eventually for him.

Looks like Arsenal are in talks with Maniche, and if this is true then it's sure to spend an untimely end to Captain Marvel Vieira's career at Arsenal. :( Please don't say it's true!

I see Parlour got flogged to Middlebrough. Shame. He was good, once. Middlebrough have virtually an entire new first team :eek:

Yeah full of 30 something players that will last for like two seasons at most.

If you think about it Viera leaving wouldn't be a killer blow, I mean he's been at the club for like 8 years now and at 29 would probably not be there for much longer. As long as Real give you a large amount of cash.

Yea, and he is injury prone. They would have to get a big name midfield signing though. Makalele would be somes.

Mike Rotch
Yea, and he is injury prone. They would have to get a big name midfield signing though. Makalele would be somes.

Dude, Makalele is 31 and he is so Chelseas.

Real are after Viera because we nicked Makalele off them.

Is he that old? Smokes.

I see Fergie told that Heinze guy that if he goes with Argentina to the Olympics, he will never play for ManU. Such a nice, reasonable guy that Fergie.

Mike Rotch
Is he that old? Smokes.

I see Fergie told that Heinze guy that if he goes with Argentina to the Olympics, he will never play for ManU. Such a nice, reasonable guy that Fergie.

He's pissed of at (the real) Ronaldo as well for playing for Portugal. To be honest, he should've known that they were legible to play for the Olympics in the first place. I mean you'd think that he would've known about his players international standings being the manager and all.

I dont mind (greasy) haired Ronaldo now. He impressed during Euro2004. It is unreasonable to tell a guy, "listen, you cant play in the olympics" just because you didnt do your homework before you bought him. 👎

Arsene would never do that :D

Back