The central: HOW TO gold all licences, mission challenges and track experiences thread (video guides inside)

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 267 comments
I hope one day we can give control to another player on our friend list to do some of these missions lol. I tried...no way in the world even after almost a year can I get all gold in licenses especially the Nurburgring and the very last stage with those rain puddles.

I recently finished all licenses, golding all. The fear of God was put into me from reading about S10. TBH, I didn't find it all that hard. Sure, getting the first lap in without crashing off WAS hard, but once I'd learned where to be ultra cautious, well, no real issues.

IA10 (Merc at Nurburbring?) was hardest of all license tests, but I found some of the track circuit experiences to be much harder. I still haven't finished them all, but Streets of Willow traumatised me. I still wake up in cold sweats.

S10 is killing me. I'm within 1.5 seconds. I use TC1 and the driving line, and the demo ghost to follow, because on Ps4 it's not easy to see where the dry is sometimes. Two places I always lose time are the beginning and the end, turn 1 right at the start and the final chicane. What gears are you guys taking these in, and any other advice would help.
I used TC2, and full-on steering counter-assist. Just for this one. I'm no Senna, just a 62 year-old fart, but it helped me into the 24s. I'm not too proud to say my reflexes needed all the help they could get.

" ...If you haven't yet, work up to and complete menu book 39, then grind the 1 hour Spa race."
I second that. Not having any ambition for the Super License tests, I was grinding the 1 hour races at Spa. I did LOTS of laps there in those races, earning many millions of credits, all the while learing the track back to front.

My car of choice was the Mazda 787, but honestly, any car Gr2 or Gr1 will allow you to do it easily. The S10 will seem relatively simple after a while.

I recently finished all licenses, golding all. The fear of God was put into me from reading about S10. TBH, I didn't find it all that hard. Sure, getting the first lap in without crashing off WAS hard, but once I'd learned where to be ultra cautious, well, no real issues.

IA10 (Merc at Nurburbring?) was hardest of all license tests, but I found some of the track circuit experiences to be much harder. I still haven't finished them all, but Streets of Willow traumatised me. I still wake up in cold sweats.
Ive only managed to get bronze on S10, but the nurburgring merc after taking a break from license tests for a few months, i nailed it in my 3rd try and even got 1.5 sec ahead of the required gold!

I only got S10 and S7 i think, the formula 1 which is so insanely wild, most of the corners you are taking a leap of faith at full speed.

Ive only managed to get bronze on S10, but the nurburgring merc after taking a break from license tests for a few months, i nailed it in my 3rd try and even got 1.5 sec ahead of the required gold!

I only got S10 and S7 i think, the formula 1 which is so insanely wild, most of the corners you are taking a leap of faith at full speed.
Re the S7 at Laguna: I'm 62, and my reflexes aren't as sharp as they once were. I was TEN seconds off gold in my first attempts. In the end, as you say, I had to trust the downforce.

The Force, Luke :-)

Ha!!! Finally beat Moby Dick Mission #7 - The Pass. Maybe it was my grinding in Sport mode on the time trials or using cars with a bit less traction, but for some reason today that GT-R felt like it had a ton of grip. I was able to squeeze past the NSX and Porsche on the first turn of the chicane and kept traction over the next couple turns to pass the Aston going in to the last turn. Ran a 1:13 flat.

Video proof:

I hope one day we can give control to another player on our friend list to do some of these missions lol. I tried...no way in the world even after almost a year can I get all gold in licenses especially the Nurburgring and the very last stage with those rain puddles.
Is the full lap really that hard? I'm trying to earn some credits for the next update and want that five million.

I didn't have too much of an issue with the individual sectors but saved the final lap for later (maybe today). It seems daunting, that's for sure.

I finally did it, final gold needed for the trophy! Actually once I slowly figured out where I cna and where I cant drive, I started to enjoy this last test. I actually improved my time 3 times because I thought it was a good challenge and I knew I could do it better. What a rush, here is the video:

@BigSarj to be honest when I first tried it i thought this was devil worship ****, youtubers talking about this test like the hardest ever in a GT. I did struggle at first to keep the car on track but especially if you have demo ghost turned on you can kind of tell if you are driving well or not.

I'll have to find a 12 year old then - my son is 31.....
How come no one mentioned this in the tips for the drifting missions....

@Fezzik

Last edited:

@Fezzik

Interesting. I got gold in all licenses, but am not going to bother with drifting.
I watched Basic Ollie practically tear his hair out.

Not worth the frustration.

@Fezzik

Thanks but I will not let this dumb game win and make me resort to glitches - I’ll beat the stupid thing properly, some day.

Last edited:
Thanks but I will not let this dumb game win and make me resort to glitches - I’ll beat the stupid thing properly, some day.
After weeks of frustration I resorted to using the controller, which I had to learn to use because I've never used one before ... Took a few hours (only) to learn the controller and gold the Expert drifting

Last edited:
After weeks of frustration I resorted to using the controller, which I had to learn to use because I've never used one before ... Took a few hours (only) to learn the controller and gold the Expert drifting
Yes, with the controller it's MUCH easier indeed.

FINALLY I golded the Alsace Human Comedy mission! I used that 1965 Honda formula 1 car to do it. It weighs so little that you can really raise the final gear ratio, top it out around 120-130, and still not need fuel. I ran CM tires up front and CS on the back. The first 30 minutes were nip and tuck just to hang on to 4th place, once the 30 minute mark hit, everyone was stopping for fuel... except me.
I never did take a pit stop.
Wait...what's this trophy...it says, "by a country mile."

Last edited:
Oh, man Tokyo Expressway -East Clockwise Sector 2 is unbelievably difficult. No AI in the game is this fast through this sector and all of a sudden we need to whip this car through like it's a Gr.1 car to get gold. Fortunately, the car drives really well, but getting through that chicane and managing to keep up with the AI is almost impossible. I've worked at this sector on and off for the last month and my best is a 43.831. Gold is a 43.8 and I cant seem to replicate my best time. Now I struggle to hit 44 seconds.

Last edited:
Oh, man Tokyo Expressway -East Clockwise Sector 2 is unbelievably difficult. No AI in the game is this fast through this sector and all of a sudden we need to whip this car through like it's a Gr.1 car to get gold. Fortunately, the car drives really well, but getting through that chicane and managing to keep up with the AI is almost impossible. I've worked at this sector on and off for the last month and my best is a 43.831. Gold is a 43.8 and I cant seem to replicate my best time. Now I struggle to hit 44 seconds.
This the one with the BMW z4 ?

God I gave up a while ago its just off !!!!
I watch the demonstration over n over and think hows it not lift or brake !!!

This the one with the BMW z4 ?

God I gave up a while ago its just off !!!!
I watch the demonstration over n over and think hows it not lift or brake !!!
Yep the one with the BMW. I've golded all the other sectors and the 1 lap, but this one little sector is just bananas.

Hey mate, have you managed a gold run in the meantime ?
After reading your post I went back watching my replay of this sector and there's two hints I could give ( no idea whether they're of any help though ) :
First is about the mindset. There's hardly any other challenge in the whole game that gave me such a feel of make or break. So put away the least bit of cautiousness ( if you haven't already ) and go all or nothing from start to finish. I really had to force myself.
Second is about gears. After accelerating I stayed in 6th gear most of the time, 5th for the entrance of the chicane and that sweeping left hander leading up to the bridge, 4th gear only for the right hander on the bridge ( second to last turn ).

Good luck ! I'm sure though you're way to good to need a lot of it. ;)

After reading your post I went back watching my replay of this sector and there's two hints I could give ( no idea whether they're of any help though ) :
First is about the mindset. There's hardly any other challenge in the whole game that gave me such a feel of make or break. So put away the least bit of cautiousness ( if you haven't already ) and go all or nothing from start to finish. I really had to force myself.
Second is about gears. After accelerating I stayed in 6th gear most of the time, 5th for the entrance of the chicane and that sweeping left hander leading up to the bridge, 4th gear only for the right hander on the bridge ( second to last turn ).

I havent tried in a little over a week. I'll have to give it another shot. I've tried throwing caution to the wind but I cant seem to get the chicane just right. Generally I'm fast enough to keep up with the AI after the chicane but that darn entry point to get just the right angle to get hard on the gas and still avoid scraping the wall on the exit is like threading a needle while skydiving.

... but that darn entry point to get just the right angle to get hard on the gas and still avoid scraping the wall on the exit is like threading a needle while skydiving.
This ! I always need many attempts to get it right.
And it's not even the hardest part for me. It's that second to last turn that I've never really understood. 🤷‍♂️

This ! I always need many attempts to get it right.
And it's not even the hardest part for me. It's that second to last turn that I've never really understood. 🤷‍♂️
I ran this a couple days ago for over an hour. 175 miles I logged on that BMW. Ran a best of 43:819. Gold is 43.8. I check it now after the update and gold is 44.5. Still have a silver medal despite my 43.819 time. So that's kind of funny.

20230330_235328.jpg

Yeah I'm having a time with that one, I cannot keep up with the demo ghost. I thought it would help, but nope. I may be braking too early, or when I let up on the gas I wait too late to push the throttle. Only because I'm afraid i'll hit the wall and be disqualified.

Finally!!! After another 109 miles on that darn BMW, I finally got gold with a 44.452 (v1.31).

You have to be within fractions of an inch at all the apexes. Trick to the chicane is to brake hard at ~70m (a bit before the 50 board) drop it to 5th gear then left off the brake and chuck it hard at that first left hander. Go full throttle and try to hit the wall on the left side. If you are leaving room for Jesus you aren't attacking it hard enough. Let off the gas ever so slightly (98% throttle) and get around the right hander and back full on the gas.

The next right hander you can stay in 5th but I found if I let off the gas (95-98% throttle) to help with turn in response I was more consistent. Back to full throttle in 5th to the left hander. I drag the brakes a touch going in to this turn to scrub off a little speed, but get back to full throttle as I hit the apex and let the car drift a bit wide almost hitting the wall on the right.

After that you have the two 4th gear turns that require you to keep a lot of entry speed and to ride that final left hander like you did the first left hander in to the chicane. Attack it hard and try to maintain full throttle through it.

Finally!!! After another 109 miles on that darn BMW, I finally got gold with a 44.452 (v1.31).

You have to be within fractions of an inch at all the apexes. Trick to the chicane is to brake hard at ~70m (a bit before the 50 board) drop it to 5th gear then left off the brake and chuck it hard at that first left hander. Go full throttle and try to hit the wall on the left side. If you are leaving room for Jesus you aren't attacking it hard enough. Let off the gas ever so slightly (98% throttle) and get around the right hander and back full on the gas.

The next right hander you can stay in 5th but I found if I let off the gas (95-98% throttle) to help with turn in response I was more consistent. Back to full throttle in 5th to the left hander. I drag the brakes a touch going in to this turn to scrub off a little speed, but get back to full throttle as I hit the apex and let the car drift a bit wide almost hitting the wall on the right.

After that you have the two 4th gear turns that require you to keep a lot of entry speed and to ride that final left hander like you did the first left hander in to the chicane. Attack it hard and try to maintain full throttle through it.
That's how to do it, definitely - there's only slight differences here and there between your and my approach ! 👍

Isn't it a pity you couldn't re try this under pre-1.31-physics ?
I haven't done too many miles since yesterday, my impression though is, we'll be quite a bit slower on average now.
I'm curious what times I can achieve in this sector, first thing now for me however will be learn how to accelerate and brake in a Mazda Demio. 😂

P.S.
Your sig is a decal I sometimes put on the rear of my cars. :D

Last edited:
That's how to do it, definitely - there's only slight differences here and there between your and my approach ! 👍

Isn't it a pity you couldn't re try this under pre-1.31-physics ?
I haven't done too many miles since yesterday, my impression though is, we'll be quite a bit slower on average now.
I'm curious what times I can achieve in this sector, first thing now for me however will be learn how to accelerate and brake in a Mazda Demio. 😂

P.S.
Your sig is a decal I sometimes put on the rear of my cars. :D
Well, this was the same strategy I was trying with v1.30 and I was able to get a 43.819. Still not good enough for gold on that update. One thing I noticed last night was that I attacked the final turn better with this new update than I could in v1.30. I think the slightly more understeer prone nature of this update helped me with hitting that last apex a bit better. I can't tell you how many times I had a good run going only to get into that final turn, attack it hard and the car would suddenly jump to the left and tap the wall at the apex. The new physics feel just a hair more stable, but the car is definitely a bit slower around this portion of the track.

Funny think is I checked my CE times for the Nurburgring GP track that I got all gold on just a few days ago. Every one of them is now too slow to get gold with the updated times. So maybe it is just this one track, or just the BMW Z4 Gr.3 that is a bit slower, but it looks like the Gr.3 cars are expected to go faster in the latest update (v1.31) vs the previous.

Back