THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
ROUND 81, VIPER GTS ORECA #51

Attachments

• IMG-20210316-WA0039.jpeg
    IMG-20210316-WA0039.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 11
Hi guys, glad to see people still playing GT6!. Now that I found this Forum, I think I`ll join from now to these challenges. I`ll post my results soon
Welcome to the challenge hub, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

-----------------------

For the new guys here at the hub, there is a challenge called 'SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL'
Screenshot_20210317_095652_com.android.chrome.jpg

This challenge is all about clean racing, as it is in real life. When you do these races, it's not about being the fastest or winning the race but being clean (no contact with AI cars or walls) once you have done the race record it (YouTube) and send it to @skeagracing via a PM. He judges all the videos with help from @Racin510s.

Why @skeagracing is the judge you may ask? Well he raced professionally in the USA for over 30 years and was a racing driver instructor for 20 years. We are really lucky to have such a man with his talent here.

Good luck.

Last edited:
NEW BLOOD!!!!!!!
I extend my heartfelt welcome to @Aramislegacy and @FlowSadico .
Before you 2 joined, I was the new boy here. But such is the friendly, co-operative nature of this place, I now feel like an old sailor!

Rule 1: Do not be ashamed of your times if they are not so good. This place is about YOUR personal journey, and nobody starts at the finish. This is a real friendly place and nobody will ever mock your performance.

Rule 2: Spread the word. Everybody has a PS3 in a closet somewhere. Sure you could buy a PS4/5 and race other games online, but not always with the same decent, beautiful, people! The format of our "offline racing" means YOU choose when you want to compete so it fits in with our everyday lives.

Rule 3: You get out what you put in.

Rule 4: Page 1 of the hub is where you will find this fortnight's challenges. There are always 3 of them. A "No-tune" event, an "Invitational" and a "School", The No-tune and the Invitational require a photo(s) to be taken and uploaded. The School requires a photo of the finish times AND a video of the entire race from replay mode (not in-car, usually YouTubed and a link sent to @skeagracing as a PM).

Rule 5: We all have a nickname, and use them occasionally. You can find a nickname decoding sheet in the "challenge hub winners - invitational section" on page 1 of the hub. Stick around long enough and you will get a nickname.

Rule 6: If the Boogeyman is asleep, don't poke him..... never poke the Boogeyman.

Last edited:
wow! I am used to running alone on the track hehehe, racing with other vehicles is very difficult because I am very badly used to touching opponents, I have never respected them I confess, being the AI I only focus on arriving first without paying attention to the driving clean, unlike the time trial that there if I stay on the margins
We both like the same type of racing. I have little time for the AI races, true racing is mastery of the car, the track and the minds of others on the track. AI will never be good enough to simulate the last of these (though it is good enough for @skeagracing to use in his lessons). FYI, every 3rd No-tune event is a Time Trial. The current one isn't, but the next one will be. And it is my turn to choose the event (regulars all get a chance to choose events). Beware, the "photographic evidence" rules can be a bit strict on TT events, I failed a number of times at this when I first joined, so I will try to remember to give a full explanation of what is required when the next round starts.

Edit: aw hang it, Ill do it now (others correct me if I get something wrong)..

RULES FOR SUBMISIONS FOR TT NO-TUNE EVENTS (there's one coming up in about 12 days)

We use courtesy cars only - you can't enter a car from your garage.

When you have done your "bestest ever" lap, brake to a halt after the finish line (don't pause or exit). Take a photo of the WHOLE screen. It is important that the tyres you used are visible in the bottom left hand corner, and your lap time is visible in the top right.

Then you exit and Cursor right to "Driving options" while the best lap results are displayed and take another photo. This is to prove that the "car settings" icon is not displayed (proving you used a courtesy car).

Last edited:
We both like the same type of racing. I have little time for the AI races, true racing is mastery of the car, the track and the minds of others on the track. AI will never be good enough to simulate the last of these (though it is good enough for @skeagracing to use in his lessons). FYI, every 3rd No-tune event is a Time Trial. The current one isn't, but the next one will be. And it is my turn to choose the event (regulars all get a chance to choose events). Beware, the "photographic evidence" rules can be a bit strict on TT events, I failed a number of times at this when I first joined, so I will try to remember to give a full explanation of what is required when the next round starts.
:lol:.

Last edited:
NEW BLOOD!!!!!!!
I extend my heartfelt welcome to @Aramislegacy and @FlowSadico .
Before you 2 joined, I was the new boy here. But such is the friendly, co-operative nature of this place, I now feel like an old sailor!

Rule 1: Do not be ashamed of your times if they are not so good. This place is about YOUR personal journey, and nobody starts at the finish. This is a real friendly place and nobody will ever mock your performance.

Rule 2: Spread the word. Everybody has a PS3 in a closet somewhere. Sure you could buy a PS4/5 and race other games online, but not always with the same decent, beautiful, people! The format of our "offline racing" means YOU choose when you want to compete so it fits in with our everyday lives.

Rule 3: You get out what you put in.

Rule 4: Page 1 of the hub is where you will find this fortnight's challenges. There are always 3 of them. A "No-tune" event, an "Invitational" and a "School", The No-tune and the Invitational require a photo(s) to be taken and uploaded. The School requires a photo of the finish times AND a video of the entire race from replay mode (not in-car, usually YouTubed and a link sent to @skeagracing as a PM).

Rule 5: We all have a nickname, and use them occasionally. You can find a nickname decoding sheet in the "challenge hub winners - invitational section" on page 1 of the hub. Stick around long enough and you will get a nickname.

Rule 6: If the Boogeyman is asleep, don't poke him..... never poke the Boogeyman.
thanks for the welcome! I have already run previously in a similar format, it ran on a facebook page and it was in GT4 hehehe, already copied loud and clear

Last edited:

RULES FOR SUBMISIONS FOR TT NO-TUNE EVENTS (there's one coming up in about 12 days)

When you have done your "bestest ever" lap, brake to a halt after the finish line (don't pause or exit). Take a photo of the WHOLE screen. It is important that the tyres you used are visible in the bottom left hand corner, and your lap time is visible in the top right.

Then you exit and Cursor right to "Driving options" while the best lap results are displayed and take another photo. This is to prove that the "car settings" icon is not displayed (proving you used a courtesy car).
Mastery of car, track and minds of others on the track is one of more than a 100 factors in real racing so that says to me that you have never raced for real. My instructor hand book that I wrote for the SCCA alone run's 152 pages. You must have a different GT6 than I as all of my AI race drivers race clean just like me so not sure what your problem is with the AI. Just so you know AI or Artificial Intelligence cars can be trained to race clean. Buddy you need to train your mind so the AI cars race clean with you. Yes you need to get up to the level of them or they will not play clean with you. Talk to Mr. Dallas and he will train you to race clean so that the AI race drivers will race clean with you. If the regular participants of the school can do it why can't YOU???

Last edited:

Just curious. How many races have you been in in real life? I ran over 200 in the SCCA. Not pro like Noel, but raced just the same. If you are that good you should have no problem with the AI. Just saying.

@skeagracing , @Racin510s . OK, calm down. I have been in precisely ZERO professional* races in real life. I wasn't trying to "walt" myself onto your sacred turf. I just wanted to share with another who prefers TT, my reasons for sharing his preference.

My reasons still stand. Sims have come a long way in simulating cars and tracks. I would include components, wear, breakage and weather in "cars and tracks". All can be simulated because they are largely predictable. Human behaviour, not so easy to predict, and therefore simulate.

I have no prob with AI cars in general. It was essential in the days before multiplayer. But it can't be "pushed to error" like a human, it doesn't get tired or angry, you can't see errors developing, it doesn't feel a pressure to win, it doesn't feel the sting of failure.

I really can't think of any factors in real life racing that can't be grouped into car, track or human behaviour (unless you are religious). Please enlighten me.

I have no interest in training myself to adapt to AI for a console game from 10 years ago. I see that as about as worthwhile as mastering PACMAN from 1980. Am happy to use them as a simalcrum training aid for dealing with traffic. Moving scenery if you like. Of course they race clean. They have no fear or feelings to do anything else! That is my "problem" with them. I couldn't do a better job of programming them. I don't think anyone could.

And just for the record, I'm not saying I'm "that good" at anything. My results in this hub testify to that.

One more thing. I appreciate that your school wouldn't work at all without AI. You need that consistency to judge peoples' performance. I was wrong to say it's "good enough" for the school. I should have said it is essential for the school.

* I have done some track driving and raced in amateur karting events.

Last edited:
Stratos Hell
2:36.083

--

This is what I did regarding the Lotus Elise Sport 190.
Soft compound tyres. Triple plate clutch kit. Weight down to 594 kg.
Sports computer, sports exhaust and intake tuning come to 222 bhp.
Suspension
85 / 85 mm
4.27 5.92
2 2
2 2
3 3
0 0
0 0.11
Brake balance 7/7
Custom differential 9 16 23

That's all.

Attachments

• stratos_hell_result.jpg
    stratos_hell_result.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 6
Stratos Hell
2:36.083

--

This is what I did regarding the Lotus Elise Sport 190.
Soft compound tyres. Triple plate clutch kit. Weight down to 594 kg.
Sports computer, sports exhaust and intake tuning come to 222 bhp.
Suspension
85 / 85 mm
4.27 5.92
2 2
2 2
3 3
0 0
0 0.11
Brake balance 7/7
Custom differential 9 16 23

That's all.
Great job at the school good buddy.

Stratos hell looks great.. I have no time and play different games atm but will try to do my best to give a good run at this one :)

random off-topic : Shift 2 is really underated game specially for wheel users

Last edited:
Back