The Crew 2 Closed Beta Begins Today

How long is the beta up for?

At least 'till the end of the weekend.

More discoveries: there have *definitely* been some alterations to the map. I mean, having played TC1 for.. quite a bit, I do roughly know my way around it, but I'm fairly certain TC1 didn't have a freeway running immediately alongside the western limits of Las Vegas. The state of Laguna Seca and Sebring remain to be seen.

Also, blizzards are a fun thing - it has literally turned Death Valley in Scandinavia :lol:

I am loving the beta so far after an hour of play.

Physics feel Miles ahead of TC1’s, the livery editor looks really good (looks identical to Forza’s) and the AI seems to have gotten a significant improvement as well.

I’m also enjoying the boat racing more than I thought I would but the plane physics might take me a while to get used to.

Customisation for cars is pretty good and the menus for doing so are a massive improvement over the first game.

Voice acting is kinda meh like most Arcade Racers but at least this game isn’t trying to shove some cliche-ridden storyline down our throats.

Only criticisms are the car flying physics are the exact same as TC1 and the AI appears to slow down a lot near the end of most races but these issues are really minor.

Haven’t run into any noticeable bugs at all just yet.

At least 'till the end of the weekend.

More discoveries: there have *definitely* been some alterations to the map. I mean, having played TC1 for.. quite a bit, I do roughly know my way around it, but I'm fairly certain TC1 didn't have a freeway running immediately alongside the western limits of Las Vegas. The state of Laguna Seca and Sebring remain to be seen.

Also, blizzards are a fun thing - it has literally turned Death Valley in Scandinavia :lol:
I went to laguna seca and I wanted to puke it was bad. The corkscrew is pathetic and the whole track just isn't worth driving imo.

I went to laguna seca and I wanted to puke it was bad. The corkscrew is pathetic and the whole track just isn't worth driving imo.

..yeah, Laguna Seca seems to have gotten nothing more than a few cosmetic changes, so it is less spectacular than one could've hoped for.

In other circuit-related news, Sebring's been completely replaced by an original circuit that kind of reminds me of Sepang, Golden Hills has likewise gotten an interesting new design, there's a new track just north of San Fran.. has the motorsport theme gotten through yet? :lol:

my own thing is this.
Since it seems like everything is basically doable in the first few hours. After that it's repetitive and even then I just want to increase my followers to see how well I do.
I don't care if progress isn't kept or it shows more of the actual game.
Gives me a better idea on if I wanted to buy it or not.

...but at least this game isn’t trying to shove some cliche-ridden storyline down our throats.

You take that back! I for one enjoyed avenging my brother's death, through racing of course, and Shiv constantly telling me to "settle what needs settlin'" while I'm busy doing non-story related things.. :D

You take that back! I for one enjoyed avenging my brother's death, through racing of course, and Shiv constantly telling me to "settle what needs settlin'" while I'm busy doing non-story related things.. :D

*nods then cruises moodily until RACE TIME then THINGS GET INTENSE*

I think what's gonna give this game longevity is the customization. Its on another level compared to the crew 1. You got so many more options in terms of bumper's, hood, side skirts, wings and etc and then also you got some new things you can do to your car like changing the width of the tire's, changing the color of your rims and brake calipers, fenders customization, and the color of the interior. Then of course the livery editor which im gonna be spending lots of hours customizing my cars. Especially if we can download decals from other players like on Gran turismo sport. One thing I do hope is they have a summit mode like on the crew 1 or something similar to it at least. That would also give the game longevity because I ain't go lie, before that wild run update for the first crew I was slowly losing interest in the game. But luckily that update gave that game new life. So you got plenty of stuff in the game of course but customization is huge in my opinion. Look at GT sport. Livery editor is what keeps me coming back to the game (and also sport mode) but overall that game is lackluster. The livery editor saved that game to be honest.

Guys I found a way to save money in the livery editor for our liveries.

If you apply your own livery -> 10000 credits

If you sharing your own livery and applied that -> less than 5000 credits

I hope you find it useful.

27gig enjoying it so far. Just been on leguna seca and it resembles the track without the height changes.... Some interesting Easter eggs to look for too. Area 51 etc

Souh, anyone on PS4 wanna join me at the end of the hour for a test focused on how games like this are usually best played - a long drive with a start point, an end point and no rush in between?

Anyone know if it has wheel support? My T500 worked with the first game, I’m hoping it’s the same this time

[PS4/PC] Logitech G29 Driving Force Race Wheel + Logitech G Driving Force Shifter Bundle
[PS4/Xbox One] TH8A Add-On Shifter
[PS4/PC] Thrustmaster T-GT
[PS4/PC] Fanatec csl elite racing wheel PS4
[PS4/PC] Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing wheel
[PS4/PC] Thrustmaster T150

Taken from The Crew 2 beta list.

Anyways
I have been just driving around and doing some photo ops here and there for quick bucks.

As I have only found up to "Epic" parts, (Purple). Wondering if anyone has seen any higher?

@TheCrewGame I just started playing the beta with Logitech G29 wheel and there is no force feedback when hitting objects, jumps, walls, curbs nothing and ffb is turned up to max in settings in game. Then i tested on the Thruster T150 and ffb works fine as it should its not the wheel as tested with other racers and the G29 you can feel everything. This is really strange anyone else having this problem even took to offroad in a truck cant feel anything just the steering no ffb at all.

..you know how, in any other game, the developers would put up indestructible barriers to keep you out of areas you're not supposed to be in?

..yeah, The Crew 2 has a tool against those dev shenanigans. It's called switching-to-plane-mode-flying-over-and-then-switching-to-car-mode.

The results? I'm not sure "spectacular" covers it:

10/10 ship the GTP-GOTY trophy already

I got a code. i can add 3 ubisoft account holders as friends to the beta. msg me your ubisoft username and ill add the first three that respond to this msg. Cheers

Sorry for the dumb question in advance, how do you invite friends into the beta? All I did was DL this last night and then went to bed. Do you have to be in the beta to send the invites?

Sorry for the dumb question in advance, how do you invite friends into the beta? All I did was DL this last night and then went to bed. Do you have to be in the beta to send the invites?

I believe so and you have to do it through Ubisoft Club. Pain in the bum if you ask me.

Jesus christ the graphics! This game is a masterpeice...

10/10.

Someone make a dedicated the crew subfourm, this game is a 10 in the making, ubisoft knocked this wayyyyy out of the park.

Back