The damage system in GT5 (update : Mechanical Damage arrived only for online races)

• Thread starter DoctorFouad
  • 1,071 comments
Here are the pics the damage isnt that bad but it didnt take a lot to cause it.
47638_1559573389131_1229169668_31257558_8325449_n.jpg

162794_1559573509134_1229169668_31257559_5345977_n.jpg

I really ruined my R8 V10 yesterday on toscana track, damage loooked good, although still not in relation to the force of the impact...

Maybe I'm late on this but cosmetic damage is WAY more sensitive and better looking in online races.

Hi what level are you on as i am on level 19 and in the gallardo race i bumped it a couple of times and the front bumper was hanging off an the wing was crumpled it does seem that the damage gets worse as you level up. I might have pics to put up if anyones interested and if i saved them lol.

Its already been confirmed through a press release from Polyphony that damage does NOT get worse as you level up. It is available from the beginning with different levels of damage depending on standard premium and race cars only. sorry to be a naggin nancy about it but yea. 👎

Its already been confirmed through a press release from Polyphony that damage does NOT get worse as you level up. It is available from the beginning with different levels of damage depending on standard premium and race cars only. sorry to be a naggin nancy about it but yea. 👎
Fair enough i didnt know about polyphony saying that.

I think everybody who loves and cares about this game, should sign a petition for a new patch to be released with mechanical damage. Because I can forgive for the visual damage, but mechanical it has to be included. That will make a lot of difference.

I don't see how hard it is to just implement the damage that was present in the demo. I mean it's already been modeled and all that.

It's quite possible that damage had to be done on a per car basis to some extent so was only on the cars we saw (and was pretty bad looking on lots of them).

Hi what level are you on as i am on level 19 and in the gallardo race i bumped it a couple of times and the front bumper was hanging off an the wing was crumpled it does seem that the damage gets worse as you level up. I might have pics to put up if anyones interested and if i saved them lol.

15 or so now

I just started GT5 and it is updating to version 1.03 (149MB) is this the update being talked about?

Actually mechanical damage has a lot to do with motorsports racing :P especially in F1

Vettel crashed on button at 300 kmh in Belgium gp and recovered his front wing in the pit stop :)

Mechanical damage is a big thing

Sebastian Vettel would have not been 2010 f1 world champion if there wasn't mechanical damage ^^

In Turkey GP if vettel did not sack his team mate Mark Webber

It should have been mark webber as 2010 f1 wc now

It was like this before the sacking

Sebastian Vettel first

Mark Webber second going first alright then vettel sacks him

Mark webber's RB6 direct hit on the suspension , radiator

Vettel is pretty good at targeting the radiator :D to button also

But the race in Belgium ended up being

Another guy 1st

Vettel 2nd

Webber well he's out which means 0

If mark webber was 1st which he should have been the final overall points for this season as Abu dhabi gp was the last 1 in November then mark webber should have been pronounced his world champion dream.

Aryton Senna also in some of his races like in Monaco in the wet retires after hitting the wall before the tunnel. Also dead in 1994 has a lot to do mechanically too.

Mechanical Damage pretty much occurs everywhere in motorsports racing and creates a very unique environment for the fans and drivers

Mechanical Damage is no nothing in motorsports racing

I Road Race and Time Attack on a regular basis. I am aware of how involved mechanical damage is in the real world. However also in the "real world" you can't simply rewind before you breakage happened and and push play.

Update : 06 december 2010

Mechanical damage arrived via a patch 1.03, but unfortunately it could be activated only for online races.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-v1-03-update-now-available/

"UPDATE: The servers are back online and an in-game news notice has been posted, but it mentions nothing of exactly what changes v1.03 contains. However, as can be seen in the online “My Lounge” options for an online race, a new “Mechanical Damage” setting is available for the event with three settings, as described by the scrolling information bar on the bottom of the screen:

“None” – No mechanical damage.
“Light” – Mechanical parts can be damaged, but will “automatically be repaired after a short time has passed.”
“Heavy” – Mechanical damage will be more severe, and can only be repaired by making a pit stop. Damaged parts will be indicated with on-screen icons."

Update : 06 december 2010

Mechanical damage arrived via a patch 1.03, but unfortunately it could be activated only for online races.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-v1-03-update-now-available/

"UPDATE: The servers are back online and an in-game news notice has been posted, but it mentions nothing of exactly what changes v1.03 contains. However, as can be seen in the online “My Lounge” options for an online race, a new “Mechanical Damage” setting is available for the event with three settings, as described by the scrolling information bar on the bottom of the screen:

“None” – No mechanical damage.
“Light” – Mechanical parts can be damaged, but will “automatically be repaired after a short time has passed.”
“Heavy” – Mechanical damage will be more severe, and can only be repaired by making a pit stop. Damaged parts will be indicated with on-screen icons."

No mechanical damage option for arcade mode?

My Clio Sport V6 not only looks messed up but feels and sounds it too.
If you go into the pits, the cosmetic damage stays but the mechanical gets repaired I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaBZaFp0RQQ

I didn't try it with my wheel so don't know if the FFB is changed as well, which I suspect it might with the car vibrating and stuff :)

Damn the damage is so good my boy crashed and hit the wall, and while I was watching the replay you could see the car suspension messed up his bottom lup was bent up the car drove like crap :lol: Im impress with the damage its like I always see something new with damage online. 👍

The damage is really weird,well (standard car I think) seems to made out of waffles, mechanical damage affects all sounds of all cars ,it seems like the wheel balance get messed up but so far I haven't seen engine stalls or A-spect damage

I Road Race and Time Attack on a regular basis. I am aware of how involved mechanical damage is in the real world. However also in the "real world" you can't simply rewind before you breakage happened and and push play.

yep and that makes a very unique game play for a simulation :)

Well side impacts do scrape off decals I can confirm - after my Mclaren F1 got side swiped on the Top Gear track during a B-Spec race :)
The decal should read the number 24. Also some deformation

Just a single impact shown here

38761399.jpg

55324500.jpg

81751087.jpg

Lamborghini Gallardo: -$253,300
Gallardo Trophy: +$36,000
Chassis Maintenance following the race: -$126,500

Going to download patch so I can pay for mechanical damage as well.

Lamborghini Gallardo: -$253,300
Gallardo Trophy: +$36,000
Chassis Maintenance following the race: -$126,500

Going to download patch so I can pay for mechanical damage as well.

You don't pay for damage, as soon as you do any distance in a car you can repair the chassis for half the price of the car. No matter if you've done 2miles or 1000 miles with multiple crashes.

Back