The Earth is Flat?

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 1,439 comments
Wait, isnt the southpole supposed to be the wall around of the edge of the world?

Supposedly yes, it's an "ice wall". So as climate change continues it will melt and all the continents will fall off :lol:

My first semester of graduate school, I had to give an hour long presentation on invertebrate Devonian fossils of Antarctica. I was hoping to find a short YouTube video to kill some time so I didn't have to talk as much.

Naturally, I didn't find anything as my topic was way too narrow for YouTube. I did, however, find a video titled "Nazi secrets, what lies behind the ice wall? Flat Earth, truth matters" and I have never laughed so hard in my life.

Last edited:

Three parts but it seems that this is a serious discussion between flat-earthers and globe believers.

The guy on the left is an astronaut and his first statement is that he has actually seen with his own eyes that the earth is round. The FE on the right his facial expression is, well I don't know but it looks funny.

Last edited:
Supposedly yes, it's an "ice wall". So as climate change continues it will melt and all the continents will fall off :lol:

My first semester of graduate school, I had to give an hour long presentation on invertebrate Devonian fossils of Antarctica. I was hoping to find a short YouTube video to kill some time so I didn't have to talk as much.

Naturally, I didn't find anything as my topic was way too narrow for YouTube. I did, however, find a video titled "Nazi secrets, what lies behind the ice wall? Flat Earth, truth matters" and I have never laughed so hard in my life.

I guess that is probably why conspiracy theorists dont believe in climate change.

The first part of the flat earth debate is hilarious. Andrew, the flat earther is making a fool of himself with ridiculous theories by trying to convince the globe believers that the earth is flat.

I know that the earth being an oblate spheroid and calling people globe believers (no evidence is required to belief something) is not correct. But I like the expression, even though it is wrong, and I'm going to keep using it. :lol: :rolleyes:

All scientific evidence shows that the earth is an oblate spheriod!

I'm still amazed this thread is 40+ pages.

Nobody seriously believes the Earth is flat. But they'll say they do because it makes them feel good about standing up to authority - having fun at the expense of the man - and as an expression of their own freedom of speech.

Last edited:
Nobody seriously believes the Earth is flat. But they'll say they do because it makes them feel good about standing up to authority - having fun at the exense of the man - and as an expression of their own freedom of speech.

I have the same theory. These people dont want to be "conformists".

Last edited by a moderator:
Because of @kikie I have been bizarrely interested in trying to understand the flat-earth mindset. The most vocal proponents arent actually that dumb, they just believe in conspiracy theories. Almost every flatearther I have read about or watched a video also believe in other conspiracy theories. They genuinly think they are thinking outside the box and are "freethinkers".

Then they are ignorant. It isn't the mass media who can prove that the Earth is a globe, it is mathematics and physics. If they don't understand these then they should learn from sites or videos which explains these to them at a much easier level.

For example when I was studying limits in mathematics in high school I did not understand them, but I didn't called them fake, I searched for an easier to digest explanation in the topic. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that the Earth is a globe, ancient greek people figured this out several thousand of years ago :). You cannot be a freethinker about facts.

"Freethinking" equates to, "I've been told this all my life, but nobody's actually told me WHY. So I thought and thought and thought about it, and I've figured it out for myself. I can tell just by looking that the Earth is flat and airplanes are spraying poison."

"Freethinking" is code for "I don't understand the gibberish they're throwing at me as 'science,' so there's gotta be a simpler explanation! I can figure it out!"

It seems that I have to set things right because of @PocketZeven's post here. I have no idea why he mentions me when there are so many members posting in this thread. :odd:

I am not a flat earther. I do not believe in flat earth nor do I think the earth is flat. I am a globe BELIEVER. No seriously, the earth is an oblate spheroid that is part of the solar system in a vast universe.

It seems that I have to set things right because of @PocketZeven's post here. I have no idea why he mentions me when there are so many members posting in this thread. :odd:

I am not a flat earther. I do not believe in flat earth nor do I think the earth is flat. I am a globe BELIEVER. No seriously, the earth is an oblate spheroid that is part of the solar system in a vast universe.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I genuinely know you dont believe in Flat-earth. But your occasional posts have caused me to delve into the mindset of these believers. Thats why I credited you and not because I think you are a flatearther.

Then they are ignorant. It isn't the mass media who can prove that the Earth is a globe, it is mathematics and physics. If they don't understand these then they should learn from sites or videos which explains these to them at a much easier level.

For example when I was studying limits in mathematics in high school I did not understand them, but I didn't called them fake, I searched for an easier to digest explanation in the topic. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that the Earth is a globe, ancient greek people figured this out several thousand of years ago :). You cannot be a freethinker about facts.

Ofcourse they are ignorant. So are all people who still reject climate change. My point was that dumb does not equal ignorant. These people chose to be ignorant. That is how I personally see people who are very religious.

I have the same theory. These people dont want to be "conformists".

Exactly.

Definition of conformist:
a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc

Flat-earthers and other conspiracy theorists seem to enjoy the privilege, or thrill, of questioning things - all sorts of things - like attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors common to group norms. A lot of times this will be a transitory or temporary phase of questioning in the process of maturation and education. Dare I say it, postmodernism is a related phenomenon.

Exactly.

Flat-earthers and other conspiracy theorists seem to enjoy the privilege, or thrill, of questioning things - all sorts of things - like attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors common to group norms. A lot of times this will be a transitory or temporary phase of questioning in the process of maturation and education. Dare I say it, postmodernism is a related phenomenon.

Isnt the modern term being "woke" now?

Exactly.

Funny part is the irony in it, south park said it in such a funny yet beautifull way in the episode 'raisins': "If you wanna be one of the non-conformists, all you have to do is dress just like us and listen to the same music we do."

Funny part is the irony in it, south park said it in such a funny yet beautifull way in the episode 'raisins': "If you wanna be one of the non-conformists, all you have to do is dress just like us and listen to the same music we do."

Thats exactly where I learned the term non-conformist from. :lol:

I guess best way to describe them is they believe they took the red pill and are Neo and all others are still trapped in the matrix.

Excellent.
IF the universe is a holographic 3D matrix projection from a two dimensional source, then perhaps in a sense the Earth is flat.

Excellent.
IF the universe is a holographic 3D matrix projection from a two dimensional source, then perhaps in a sense the Earth is flat.
Where I live the earth is definitely flat. Going more to the South, the earth is less flat and going much further the South, the earth is not flat anymore at certain locations.

I’m watching Behind the Curve on Netflix and what strikes me is how loyal people are to their face value impressions. People are literally manipulating themselves, so imagine how much external sources can influence.

It’s no wonder that Russia is able to influence elections from the other side of the world.

I’m watching Behind the Curve on Netflix and what strikes me is how loyal people are to their face value impressions. People are literally manipulating themselves, so imagine how much external sources can influence.

It’s no wonder that Russia is able to influence elections from the other side of the world.

And how a large number of Trumpsupporters are so loyal even though he is a proven narcissist, liar and scammer.

And how a large number of Trumpsupporters are so loyal even though he is a proven narcissist, liar and scammer.

In other words, he's a politician in spite of his claim to be an outsider. This is what they all do.

"An honest politician is one who stays bought."

Back