The Great Project Cars Whinging and Crying Thread

I've got to say I disagree. No other console game has road cars replicated at this level of physics, and I would love to see this game develop into something like gran turismo in terms of car selection.
Well then wait for GT7, we don't need every Miata, every Nissmo and a bunch if Civics. I'm glad SMS has kept all of what is Gran Turismo out of this game.

I've got to say I disagree. No other console game has road cars replicated at this level of physics, and I would love to see this game develop into something like gran turismo in terms of car selection.

Well I wouldn't. It's not the point of the game. If it had 1000 cars then they wouldn't be able to replicate them all at the same level of physics. I would much rather take 100 perfectly recreated racing cars with perfect physics than 1000 Road cars, most of which are pointless, developed to not quite the same standard with slightly worse physics.

Well then wait for GT7, we don't need every Miata, every Nissmo and a bunch if Civics. I'm glad SMS has kept all of what is Gran Turismo out of this game.
*sigh* He's just saying that he would like to see a huge selection of cars with the physics Project Cars delivers, not have the same exact duplicate car list that GT has.

I hope not...GT has a lot to catch up with...even in comparison to Forza, left aside PCars.
Only in terms of car selection, nothing else.

@killerjimbag did you not read my post? Gt7 won't be on the same physics level. Plus I didn't say lots of civics.

It doesn't need 1000 cars either. I just like the mixture pcars is already presenting.

OK, time to vent.... WHY OH WHY DO I HAVE TO SIT HERE FOR 2 FULL DAYS STARING AT A GAME THAT IS ALREADY INSTALLED ON MY PC BUT I STILL CAN'T PLAY IT YET?!?!?!? 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬!!!!!!

OK... all better now.... thank you.... :lol:

C'mon Thursday midnight..... hurry up and get here already.

Only in terms of car selection, nothing else.

@killerjimbag did you not read my post? Gt7 won't be on the same physics level. Plus I didn't say lots of civics.

It doesn't need 1000 cars either. I just like the mixture pcars is already presenting.
Yes I clearly read your post. If you want the "car selection of GT,yes you will get Miatas Nissmos and Civics" How can you say GT won't have the same physics? Its not made yet and GT will have boat loads of money that SMS can only dream of. Do you honestly think PD/Sony is going to sit back and watch their Franchise Sim walk into the sunset. Don't think so.

Yes I clearly read your post. If you want the "car selection of GT,yes you will get Miatas Nissmos and Civics" How can you say GT won't have the same physics? Its not made yet and GT will have boat loads of money that SMS can only dream of. Do you honestly think PD/Sony is going to sit back and watch their Franchise Sim walk into the sunset. Don't think so.
Well they've always had the money haven't they, and yet which company is now setting the benchmark for console physics?

I'm going to rephrase what I said. I would love to see the car selection grow very strongly in terms of both race cars and suitable road cars.

Well they've always had the money haven't they, and yet which company is now setting the benchmark for console physics?

I'm going to rephrase what I said. I would love to see the car selection grow very strongly in terms of both race cars and suitable road cars.
PD is still supporting GT6,so I'm sure their development team is fast at work on GT7 on PS4. Yes SMS has made PD and Forza wake up. Good for SMS. Thats why I hope they stay at what their good at and don't deviate into PD or Forzas world.

PD is still supporting GT6,so I'm sure their development team is fast at work on GT7 on PS4. Yes SMS has made PD and Forza wake up. Good for SMS. Thats why I hope they stay at what their good at and don't deviate into PD or Forzas world.
By no means do I want them to clone forza/gt, please don't think for a second that's what I'm getting at.

I've got to say I disagree. No other console game has road cars replicated at this level of physics, and I would love to see this game develop with a good strong car list of both road and race cars
Agreed. And we already have two road 'tracks' to race them on. :) Would love to see more road coarses and more road cars, especially classics. 👍

OK, time to vent.... WHY OH WHY DO I HAVE TO SIT HERE FOR 2 FULL DAYS STARING AT A GAME THAT IS ALREADY INSTALLED ON MY PC BUT I STILL CAN'T PLAY IT YET?!?!?!? 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬!!!!!!

OK... all better now.... thank you.... :lol:

C'mon Thursday midnight..... hurry up and get here already.
No AC, R3R or Dirt Rally to keep you entertained then? :P

'
Wait not having upgrades, is somehow authentic and a realistic approach? Why is that? You're speaking from a PC slant, console gamers interests aren't exactly in line with PC gamers. DriveClub was given flak for small car count, lack of any kind of tuning/upgrades whatsoever. While Project Cars has tune settings, lacking upgrades in a game filled to the rafters with mainly race cars and heavily favoring British autos, I don't see console reviews being rather favorable for this game when the competition on both systems have pretty much everything this game does minus the excellent racing rules and setup and user set customization. I am getting this game simply because I have all systems and I can't pass up a nice first outing on console that looks to being real racing to my main game system. Console racing gamer players have become accustomed to having upgrades, large car counts and livery support as part of their game. There are a myriad of types playing, so the game can cater to those focused on getting the best time, those who like to just grab a car and drive, those who love to tinker and build out. You ever played Forza 3 and 4, the tuning community was huge with crazy builds of cars many were absolute nuts but it still represented a sector of gamers.
Having the option is better than not having it, this is also head scratching moment but no livery editor on either console...it's like they are sabotaging themselves before giving themselves a chance. PC supports livery editor, but not the consoles?
I am on board for this game, but the console outing is going to leave many a bruised ego.
Explain how adding parts to a race car is realistic, sure you could do it but then you couldn't race it because it would breach the series regulations. That's the whole point of a racing series isn't it ? To have all the cars at the same spec ? Pretty sure you can't go and slap a turbo on a GT3 car and show up expecting to race all the cars that have the correct specs.

'
Wait not having upgrades, is somehow authentic and a realistic approach? Why is that? You're speaking from a PC slant, console gamers interests aren't exactly in line with PC gamers. DriveClub was given flak for small car count, lack of any kind of tuning/upgrades whatsoever. While Project Cars has tune settings, lacking upgrades in a game filled to the rafters with mainly race cars and heavily favoring British autos, I don't see console reviews being rather favorable for this game when the competition on both systems have pretty much everything this game does minus the excellent racing rules and setup and user set customization. I am getting this game simply because I have all systems and I can't pass up a nice first outing on console that looks to being real racing to my main game system. Console racing gamer players have become accustomed to having upgrades, large car counts and livery support as part of their game. There are a myriad of types playing, so the game can cater to those focused on getting the best time, those who like to just grab a car and drive, those who love to tinker and build out. You ever played Forza 3 and 4, the tuning community was huge with crazy builds of cars many were absolute nuts but it still represented a sector of gamers.
Having the option is better than not having it, this is also head scratching moment but no livery editor on either console...it's like they are sabotaging themselves before giving themselves a chance. PC supports livery editor, but not the consoles?
I am on board for this game, but the console outing is going to leave many a bruised ego.
Yeah. lets have upgrades. and then all cars will become the same when them kids install all the parts and the car is just the same as another fully tunned car. Thats what the game should allow. So awsome...

Fellas, I need to remind you, the purpose of this thread is whinging and crying. If someone states something factually incorrect it's obviously ok to point them in the right direction, but someone expressing an opinion, even a highly negative one, should really just be left alone. After 15 years of GT and Forza on console, people are going to have some pretty entrenched feelings and opinions about this game even without playing it and that's fine, the game is what it is and it isn't for everyone. Let's try and keep the discussion and exchange of opinions to the more appropriate threads.

Fellas, I need to remind you, the purpose of this thread is whinging and crying. If someone states something factually incorrect it's obviously ok to point them in the right direction, but someone expressing an opinion, even a highly negative one, should really just be left alone. After 15 years of GT and Forza on console, people are going to have some pretty entrenched feelings and opinions about this game even without playing it and that's fine, the game is what it is and it isn't for everyone. Let's try and keep the discussion and exchange of opinions to the more appropriate threads.
You're moaning about people moaning about people moaning?

Would you rather the game have no AA or one that shimmers? SMS have done the best they can with the abilities of the console. Until the instruction set in the GPU and its drivers change, there isn't an easy fix that would mean the best of both worlds.

Not sure if serious.

They made the decision what they think is the best look for the game but whatever it is. It was their call. If it backfires then they need to do something about it. Having said that I think the ghosting issue is pretty much non existent in gameplay but in super slow mo or some 5-10fps it is so bad that it can give you headache. There was some low res gif and it looked horrible.

What I have seen so far the gfx do not look that good anyways. Car list for a GT player is pretty bad.

Gameplay looks good I guess in videos depending on the player but sounds are artifical. I think DC has the most natural sound in racing game and looks wise too very beautiful.

Last edited:
Not sure if serious.

They made the decision what they think is the best look for the game but whatever it is. It was their call. If it backfires then they need to do something about it. Having said that I thinking ghosting issue is pretty much non existent in gameplay but in super slow mo or some 5-10fps it is so bad that it can give you headache. There was some low res gif and it looked horrible.

What I have seen so far the gfx do not look that good anyways. Car list for a GT player is pretty bad.

Gameplay looks good I guess in videos depending on the player but sounds are artifical. I think DC has the most natural sound in racing game and looks wise too very beautiful.
Hopefully you're not buying this mediocre game then with its awful graphics, barely passable gameplay and tiny car list.

Not sure if serious.

They made the decision what they think is the best look for the game but whatever it is. It was their call. If it backfires then they need to do something about it. Having said that I think the ghosting issue is pretty much non existent in gameplay but in super slow mo or some 5-10fps it is so bad that it can give you headache. There was some low res gif and it looked horrible.

Not disagreeing with your opinion but for clarification yes, he's serious:

Courtesy of the SMS Development Director:

It's not a bug. It's a side effect of the way we do AA on PS4, and is arguably a good thing (hear me out!). It's there, and very noticeable from static images of non-direct feed footage especially, but also undeniably in the game itself (mainly when paused). I spotted it and reported it as soon as it got checked in long ago (so we didn't "miss it" as many would have you believe).

However, I also "spotted" that the PS4 version has really lovely image quality, a very smooth and slightly soft (not low res!), "non-gamey" look, which is very natural, and (imo!) rather fantastic, due to this very clever AA approach. It also greatly minimises the distant "shimmer" you often see in console racing games, which is a side effect of low quality AA on thin vertical objects such as fences.

So yes, the ghosting effect is there, if you look hard enough. The advantages far outweigh this small disadvantage however. Notwithstanding that, if customer feedback demands it, we have a plan to add a UI slider in a future update, which will enable you to tune out the ghosting, at the expense of more aliasing and distant shimmer.

Source

For me, the bolded part is most important and it gets lost in the shuffle. I don't know enough about game design to know what is and isn't possible on the PS4, but I do know that I relish a developer that answers questions and communicates with the fans, and already has a plan to offer graphics options sliders for those that are interested or want to experiment. It's fine to not agree with the choice they made, but absolutely stellar that it's already directly acknowledged by the devs and possible alternatives are forthcoming. I can't ask for anything more.

...I think the ghosting issue is pretty much non existent in gameplay but ... There was some low res gif and it looked horrible.

Apologies to @Johnnypenso but I couldn't let this one slip. :D

Gtracedriver1, you realise that you're stating a game should be fixed because while it looks good when being played, it looks horrible when converted into a low resolution gif? :lol:

So yeah, on that basis, if I was you I would definitely not buy Project CARS! Sue SMS, even! :P

A little complain: Bad sensation when you are doing a fast lap, on the edge of time session, and it ends on the last turn (when the time ends) instead of allow you to cross the finish line :(

A little complain: Bad sensation when you are doing a fast lap, on the edge of time session, and it ends on the last turn (when the time ends) instead of allow you to cross the finish line :(

Which mode was that? In Qualifying (career) I got a message "time is over, this is your last lap" and was allowed to finish the lap.

Back