The GT Sport Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 3,198 comments
My only worry about microtransactions is, it takes away a bit from the idea that skill needs to be accrued before the highest power cars can be driven. IRL, unless a billionaire, no-one races an XJ13 with no experience. No-one steps into an R18 without having worked their way up the ladder. No-one sits in the cockpit of an F1 car before they have worked their way through the Formula cars.

But with microtransactions, the odds of meeting someone in a 20Mcr. car with zero skill are quite high. The 'Real' simulator needs a little more 'reality', IMO!

Admittedly, GTS (probably even more than previous GT's) makes it far easier to get into the highest power cars with zero skill - you only need complete some of the laughably easy Missions and Track School events to accrue enough for a way faster car than your experience level should allow when you first play the game. But the idea that, see someone in a 20Mcr. car and have no idea about their skill level, well, there goes the 'real'!
Yeah there's lots of fault there.

1. More expensive cars does not meant it will be more powerful. In fact, prices are all the same for each car class.

If that's the case then my Alfa TZ2 will be more than 3 times much faster than my Mercedes F1.

2. Sport races are determined only by classes, BOP even (aka all cars on the group will perfoms identically, relatively speaking). While group X cars are run typically on one make races.

3. The only scenario where MT is on the side of worry is if you are the car collector, or those who are desperate enough to compete in Nostalgic 79 at GTLeague. So not related to "skill" or "advantage" at all, atleast on Sport Mode.

4. There's BMB grind that grants 375k cr for less than 12 minutes. Or if you dont want to then the credits will naturally come if you play.

5. The essential cars for sport mode are one car for each Gr class which all can be obtained by completing Driving Missions (except for Gr2 of which a car must be spent for 850k)

It's seems you worrying while not actually playing the game for once.

Last edited:
When paired against its period peers, the Alfa is still a powerful car. Its inclusion in the game didn't come from the shade of red it was!

As to not grinding BMB, have you calculated how long normal play would take you to earn 20M cr.? I'm guessing not...

BTW, not all of us are 'desperate' collectors, simply old enough to remember these cars when they actually ran, and far more interested in vintage racing than jacking some modern tech-aided car around a track with all the aids on full..!

I have been playing GTS quite a bit since the new sport and comfort tire models appeared, but still think microtransactions are simply PD prostituting themselves after they stated definitively they never would.

Last edited:
When paired against its period peers, the Alfa is still a powerful car. Its inclusion in the game didn't come from the shade of red it was!
Except it was never a powerful Le Mans car in the first place like the P4 and GT40. Look it up.

You thinking about Alfa Tipo 3/33 on that case.

BTW, not all of us are 'desperate' collectors, simply old enough to remember these cars when they actually ran, and far more interested in vintage racing than jacking some modern tech-aided car around a track with all the aids on full..!
While I do complain about the price being exorbitant for its game economy, for now its fair and square on the larger scope for the simple reason that these cars is very expensive IRL, more than any of modern supercars and hypercars.

Last edited:
How in the world is the Ferrari 458 Italia so freaking fast in the "La Festa Cavallino" cup? It's out-running Enzo's and La Ferrari's, and I even have a hard time chasing it down in the 330 P4

How in the world is the Ferrari 458 Italia so freaking fast in the "La Festa Cavallino" cup? It's out-running Enzo's and La Ferrari's, and I even have a hard time chasing it down in the 330 P4

This
That 458 is way too fast. Damn rubberband

Really not enthused about the latest update. Thankful FOR the content. Tried the NSX and Maserati. Sold them soon after. Not spending 1.8mil on a track day car and holding off some of the other cars. Not thrilled about the lhd MINI. Though, I understand it's a German car. I'll probably buy the Jag and start collecting some of the other under 500k Cr classics. Catalunya, is the update's saving grace, for me. Enjoying Gr.3 and even Mini '65 One Make races.

I guess some updates have to be stale once in a while. The last update with NSX and Porsches, made that one shine. This one, makes me feel, blah.

Slipstream?

I can definitely say it is not slipstream. That 458 accelerates better than LaFerrari. And happens only then you're first: the whole race it drives slow and braking on corners like every other AI, but when you reach 1st place - his Overdrive kicks in as hard as the VTEC in Honda parody videos on youTube

I can definitely say it is not slipstream. That 458 accelerates better than LaFerrari. And happens only then you're first: the whole race it drives slow and braking on corners like every other AI, but when you reach 1st place - his Overdrive kicks in as hard as the VTEC in Honda parody videos on youTube
Seriously? Man, that's definitely ridiculous.

This shows how bad the rubberbanding and the AI boosts are. The game just gives the cars around you too much speed which the AI is then unable to handle, which is the reason they crash out or miss the braking spots so often. And yes, it's a LaFerrari.

It's just laughable how bad GT League actually is. Making other cars slow as hell until you catch up, then give them boosts to keep up with you. Why is this still a thing in 2018?

Last edited:
La Festa Cavaillino is a tricky one, some races it's possible to win with an N500 F40 (+20% SCB), some I've resorted to using a Gr.3 (-50% SCB).

This shows how bad the rubberbanding and the AI boosts are. The game just gives the cars around you too much speed which the AI is then unable to handle, which is the reason they crash out or miss the braking spots so often. And yes, it's a LaFerrari.

What state of tune was your car in for that race?

I was having a go at that Ferrari event recently and remembered someone making a thread about it. I was in a Gr.4 458 in the Nurburgring race and caught up consistently until I was 3/4 seconds off the lead at the start of the final lap, where the gap stayed the same until the end.

Having spent the past two months or so working my way through the GT League events I think, for the most part, the terrible AI and apparent power variations work well in terms of being realistic. Either that or you can rationalise it. If you catch up to someone, if you put pressure on them, if you pass them, they're going to try and compensate, or make mistakes.

There's only been a few cases I've experienced where you could really convince yourself it's true, but I suppose it's possible. The variation in the power of the Ferraris in that event just make it more pronounced. Try getting in front of a LaFerrari going into the first corner there and see what happens.

The other thing to consider with the AI variations in GT League is when you go into a custom race on professional difficulty and the opposition is consistent, fast and clean. You wonder what the thought process is of the people who are responsible for this stuff.

What state of tune was your car in for that race?
I first tried it with a fully tuned out 458 Italia, but that didn’t work as planned. Then I took the Gr.3 458 and fully tuned it as well. Sad thing is, the game goes beyond what I expect from boosts/rubberbanding. They give the cars behind/in front of you GT3 brakes whenever they feel like it. The amount of times a 458 or LaFerrari could brake at the same point a Gr.3 car does and then them still making the corner perfectly fine is not acceptable.

I first tried it with a fully tuned out 458 Italia, but that didn’t work as planned. Then I took the Gr.3 458 and fully tuned it as well. Sad thing is, the game goes beyond what I expect from boosts/rubberbanding. They give the cars behind/in front of you GT3 brakes whenever they feel like it. The amount of times a 458 or LaFerrari could brake at the same point a Gr.3 car does and then them still making the corner perfectly fine is not acceptable.

I'm of the opinion that GT League AI works best when you are at the recommended level, or a little less, in terms of car choice. I think what you're talking about is a reflection of the game trying to give you a close race even when you are trying to throw the odds considerably in your favour.

IMHO the LaFerrari is just fast as **** in a straight line and doesn't handle that well, the AI drive it pretty similarly to how I do (or, would - if I actually chose to use it).

It's just laughable how bad GT League actually is. Making other cars slow as hell until you catch up, then give them boosts to keep up with you. Why is this still a thing in 2018?

That LaFerrari seemed as if it suffered because of pilot error, in the case of an AI. Lol.

Was the FIA manufacturers championship really decided based on one race?

I'd love to see these top drivers in a proper championship. 8 races, one a week. Each race 200 kms long. No super fast degrading tires or fuel

So much potential here but as usual its wasted

This roulette sucks the big fat peepee
Could’ve won an xj13, but nope. :(
There’s always grinding for it, I guess

TTM
This roulette sucks the big fat peepee
Could’ve won an xj13, but nope. :(
There’s always grinding for it, I guess
Daily roulette is rigged. It always tends to give cars you own and pd wants you to play the game everyday and grind credits like a no lifer. Its a simple trick by pd to increase the game longetitivity.

Daily roulette is rigged. It always tends to give cars you own and pd wants you to play the game everyday and grind credits like a no lifer. Its a simple trick by pd to increase the game longetitivity.
Prove it. You've already raised quite a fuss over this in another thread and you've ignored everyone else in that thread.

Also, RNG = longetivity? How is this the case?

Prove it. You've already raised quite a fuss over this in another thread and you've ignored everyone else in that thread.

Also, RNG = longetivity? How is this the case?
Daily roulette gives you hope to get an expensive car. Because of that people tends to open their ps4 and finish the daily mission everyday. However it doesnt work like that in reality.

Last edited:
Daily roulette gives you hope to get an expensive car. However it doesnt work like that in reality.
Dodging my request, I see. While it is annoying to get teased by the high ticket cars, it doesn't mean it won't give them to you. You have a 1/264 chance of the first slot in the roulette having one of the high ticket cars, 1/263 for the second, 1/262 for the third and 1/261 for the fourth, assuming the cars are generated consecutively. Otherwise it's 1/264 for all four slots.

There are a small number of high ticket cars (For the sake of the argument, this refers to cars of an absurdly high price):
Cobra Daytona
Alfa TZ2
Ferrari 250
Jaguar XJ-13
Ferrari 330 P4
Ford Mk.IV
Lamborghini Miura

So every slot has about a 7/264 chance of having one of the high ticket cars. That's about 2.65% odds of just getting the car on the roulette. And then you have a 1 in 4 chance of winning it (which, iirc, is decided before the wheelspin even starts) so your odds of winning the car itself is 0.66%. It's not that it's rigged, it's just the odds of winning it are so low due to the smaller relative number of high ticket cars in the game.

So basically, it's not rigged.

Dodging my request, I see. While it is annoying to get teased by the high ticket cars, it doesn't mean it won't give them to you. You have a 1/264 chance of the first slot in the roulette having one of the high ticket cars, 1/263 for the second, 1/262 for the third and 1/261 for the fourth, assuming the cars are generated consecutively. Otherwise it's 1/264 for all four slots.

There are a small number of high ticket cars (For the sake of the argument, this refers to cars of an absurdly high price):
Cobra Daytona
Alfa TZ2
Ferrari 250
Jaguar XJ-13
Ferrari 330 P4
Ford Mk.IV
Lamborghini Miura

So every slot has about a 7/264 chance of having one of the high ticket cars. That's about 2.65% odds of just getting the car on the roulette. And then you have a 1 in 4 chance of winning it (which, iirc, is decided before the wheelspin even starts) so your odds of winning the car itself is 0.66%. It's not that it's rigged, it's just the odds of winning it are so low due to the smaller relative number of high ticket cars in the game.

So basically, it's not rigged.
It doesnt works like that. Game pre-determines the daily reward in that day when you boot the game. Other 3 cars are just for visual their chance is 0%. Okay now try this boot your game and do the daily workout and let the game spin. After you got the car DONT claim it and close the game. Reboot the game and everytime you will get the same exact car every time. Even with same color.

When it comes to those pre-determined cars they tends to cars already you own in your garage. You wont get anything more expensive then 5m.

It doesnt works like that. Game pre-determines the daily reward in that day when you boot the game. Other 3 cars are just for visual their chance is 0%. Okay now try this boot your game and do the daily workout and let the game spin. After you got the car DONT claim it and close the game. Reboot the game and everytime you will get the same exact car every time. Even with same color.

When it comes to those pre-determined cars they tends to cars already you own in your garage. You wont get anything more expensive then 5m.
Many will wish to see for the evidence on this one..

Latest Posts

Back