The GT Sport Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 3,198 comments
Sounds are still worst in class.

I can't even stand to watch a You Tube video of GT Sport all the way through without having to turn it off because of the awful sounds. However, I did go back to GT6 the other day for some racing & had a good time for a few hours. I got used to the bad sounds as the racing was lots of fun. Definitely not pre-ordering GTS, but might buy it in a sale at some point if it's £9.99 or under. And by then they might have added a load more cars & tracks, plus fixed lots of issues. I'll be sticking with P CARS & AC for now me thinks.

Regarding sounds, I think Polyphony waited too long to attempt improvements if they wanted to catch up to the competition. Now Gran Turismo will always be worst in class, among other things.

This is just an opinion, but I think the community's mood would benefit greatly if we all accept that Polyphony is in no way as skilled as other developers (arguably they never have been). That we shouldn't expect Gran Turismo to match the achievements of its increasingly excellent competition. It's disappointing, but after nearly a decade of mediocrity I think the shift in thinking is overdue.

Eh, it was just a thought.

Regarding sounds, I think Polyphony waited too long to attempt improvements if they wanted to catch up to the competition. Now Gran Turismo will always be worst in class, among other things.

This is just an opinion, but I think the community's mood would benefit greatly if we all accept that Polyphony is in no way as skilled as other developers (arguably they never have been). That we shouldn't expect Gran Turismo to match the achievements of its increasingly excellent competition. It's disappointing, but after nearly a decade of mediocrity I think the shift in thinking is overdue.

The only thing that I definitely don't ever expect from PD is hyper-realistic physics. It just isn't what Gran Turismo was intended to be. They've proven that they very much can crate accurate exhaust sounds, as heard in GTS. They also excel in car modelling and lighting.

I've thought about this before.

But even if you lower your expectations, which I have, GTS is still a letdown in almost every way.

Last edited:
Considering cancelling my preorder
  • The worst track roster since GT1
  • The worst car roster since GT1
  • The abomination GTR-LM is in the game.
  • Le Mans is not in the game
  • Only 1 Porsche is revealed to be in the game so far
  • No career mode
  • There are still significant graphical issues (shadows, framerate, etc)
  • Its releasing 4 years after the PS4 launch
  • Sounds are still worst in class
  • No openwheel cars

I can't in good conscience pay full price for a game like this

I mean, you do you, but...

The abomination GTR-LM is in the game.

What does this have to do with anything? Seems incredibly petty to consider cancelling your pre-order over one vehicle.

• No career mode
  • No openwheel cars
  • Still No McLaren P1

Just wanted to add one more to you're list which i completely agree with

Do you get money for shilling for McLaren? I need in on that plan.
Stop you making me blush :embarrassed: And no i'm just a massive fan of the McLaren P1 :D And i'm sure i wasn't breaking any rules by quoting that user with my reply :) On a forum about how much we all love cars i will not stop showing my love for the P1 and plus i'm not breaking any rules by doing so :) And if you don't like my replies and hate how much i love the McLaren P1. You always have the option to
2222.jpg
me ;) :)

I would've expected Spa and Circuit de la Sarthe to be in a supposed online focused racing game. Has it been said how a newly built track for GT5's dlc can not be included in GTS? Is it deemed not up to PS4 quality?

The Ferrari F430 and California not up to scratch either? No F430 race car?

More fantasy tracks than real. I really don't get what's going on 4 years into the PS4. This doesn't look like a online racing focused game either. Are we again starting from scratch but instead of coming out with GT5P one year in it's four?

Is this some high end reference type of game from Kaz, upset how others have caught up in some sense so lets not get caught in a content by numbers race and produce something akin to a designer watch.

I might have to vote with my wallet and buy this used. I bought GT5P from Japan, I don't have an issue with sparse games if they're good and within context, in 2007 GT5P was magnificent If GT Sport had some sophisticated real looking weather system I could be more supportive, like a best in class game.

Yes GTS will have only 3 tracks, 5 cars, no career mode, bad sounds, and AI that is still driving on a single line. To be honest that's not Kaz's fault, it's the PS4 I/O amplifier that is hard to program, especially when modeling these 5 cars in 32K resolution, which is absolutely necessary just because. Much more will come in DLC anyway - anyone who played GT6 knows PD is good for it. Besides would you rather have them delay the game to include more cars and dynamic lighting and weather and smart AI and Spa-Francorchamps - not me! I just hope we will get the moon buggy back - so I can take 4,000 pictures of it in different landscapes.

Yes GTS will have only 3 tracks, 5 cars, no career mode, bad sounds, and AI that is still driving on a single line. To be honest that's not Kaz's fault, it's the PS4 I/O amplifier that is hard to program, especially when modeling these 5 cars in 32K resolution, which is absolutely necessary just because. Much more will come in DLC anyway - anyone who played GT6 knows PD is good for it. Besides would you rather have them delay the game to include more cars and dynamic lighting and weather and smart AI and Spa-Francorchamps - not me! I just hope we will get the moon buggy back - so I can take 4,000 pictures of it in different landscapes.
3 tracks and 5 cars????

• No career mode
  • No openwheel cars

It's incredible how bad a massive developer like PD is at managing and producing content.

4 years of development. 17 tracks. 140 cars.

Now compare with SMS and Kunos are doing/did with a much much smaller budget and human resources.

It's indefensible. Sony will have to step it up. PD will eventually kill the GT franchise at this rate. GT6 was a huge disappointment, GTS is looking like an even bigger one.

• No career mode
  • No openwheel cars

I fully agree. :(
Wow, I'm really regretting even admitting to saying I was swaying towards buying this a while ago....so much depreciation in assets.
I mean really? They have had 4 years on this, and all they can offer is 17 track locations and 140 cars??
Oh, I saw someone blame the console for being hard to program? Was that not the issue with PS3? Maybe it's time the developer admitted they have a problem. ;)

And what's the Porsche deal? They finally get a license for them and add ONE car? Wow, Porsche must be pleased. LOL

Career mode? If it's cut back to license tests and learning to brake, pass and how to be a better driver? What?
How is that a CAREER? Geez, most of us have had 15 years or more to learn how to drive in GT, some better than others, granted.

As an Aussie I should be pleased to see Bathurst in the track line up, but why? There are no V8Supercars. Are there?
Yes, they do have a 12 hour race there, but that is NOT the reason it is so popular or how it got it's history. Too sad to think about that.
(side bet says Kaz never even toured the Museum while there....otherwise he would have some Aussie icons in game. ;) )

Graphics and sounds I have no clue. :confused: Youtube video is difficult to judge, but I see no great leap in sounds. :(

I fully agree. :(
Wow, I'm really regretting even admitting to saying I was swaying towards buying this a while ago....so much depreciation in assets.
I mean really? They have had 4 years on this, and all they can offer is 17 track locations and 140 cars??
Oh, I saw someone blame the console for being hard to program? Was that not the issue with PS3? Maybe it's time the developer admitted they have a problem. ;)

And what's the Porsche deal? They finally get a license for them and add ONE car? Wow, Porsche must be pleased. LOL

Career mode? If it's cut back to license tests and learning to brake, pass and how to be a better driver? What?
How is that a CAREER? Geez, most of us have had 15 years or more to learn how to drive in GT, some better than others, granted.

As an Aussie I should be pleased to see Bathurst in the track line up, but why? There are no V8Supercars. Are there?
Yes, they do have a 12 hour race there, but that is NOT the reason it is so popular or how it got it's history. Too sad to think about that.
(side bet says Kaz never even toured the Museum while there....otherwise he would have some Aussie icons in game. ;) )

Graphics and sounds I have no clue. :confused: Youtube video is difficult to judge, but I see no great leap in sounds. :(
I heard someone say the world is flat. So..

PoDi has never said PS4 is hard to program, vice versa.
There is no info saying the 911 GT3 RS is the only Porsche to be in GTS.
There is no 'Career Mode'. It is a 'Campaign Mode'. Keep on facts, not on false claims.

I heard someone say the world is flat. So..
And that is relevant to what?

PoDi has never said PS4 is hard to program, vice versa.
Which makes it odd, considering where the game is currently standing, 4 years into the gaming cycle.

There is no 'Career Mode'. It is a 'Campaign Mode'. Keep on facts, not on false claims.
And the difference is? Stating that is absolutely redundant.

In regards to the sounds, I could've sworn the latest build that was shown revealed a rather large jump in accuracy. Have to see if I can find it (maybe in the Sound thread), but there were a few cars they definitely pulled a 180 and sounded very good for a GT game.

But, I can see it still being "too little, too late", as well. Sounds were the turning point for me after seeing GT6 make no attempt to correct GT5. I like to be immersed and sounds are a big part of losing myself in the game.

And that is relevant to what?

Which makes it odd, considering where the game is currently standing, 4 years into the gaming cycle.

And the difference is? Stating that is absolutely redundant.
Beliving rumours.

A detailed game using the latest technology takes time to finish, nothing new there.

I try to speak and understand English but often with my finglish it is not easy to catch every sentence here. But I think in Campaign and Career there is quite a difference between them.

Careful! Someone might think your joking. This website does have a quote system you know? I will hold you to it if these "promises" don't come true.

Edit: Wait! No moon buggy confirmed as yet? Cancelling my preorder with Lik Sang.

Last edited:
Beliving rumours.
Which rumours?

A detailed game using the latest technology takes time to finish, nothing new there.
You do know that's exactly the same for the competition? In fact some of the competition have had to work across multiple platforms.

They have done more, with the same technology, in less time.

Not a valid excuse.

I try to speak and understand English but often with my finglish it is not easy to catch every sentence here. But I think in Campaign and Career there is quite a difference between them.
Not in the context of a game.

It's all single player content.

Which rumours?
He has heard someone saying PoDi has claimed PS4 being hard to program.
You do know that's exactly the same for the competition? In fact some of the competition have had to work across multiple platforms.

They have done more, with the same technology, in less time.

Not a valid excuse.
But really, not even close PoDi attention to detail.

Not in the context of a game.

It's all single player content.
Yes and no. There is still differences between them.

In regards to the sounds, I could've sworn the latest build that was shown revealed a rather large jump in accuracy. Have to see if I can find it (maybe in the Sound thread), but there were a few cars they definitely pulled a 180 and sounded very good for a GT game.

But, I can see it still being "too little, too late", as well. Sounds were the turning point for me after seeing GT6 make no attempt to correct GT5. I like to be immersed and sounds are a big part of losing myself in the game.

Why is it too little, too late? They've finally improved arguably the series' weakest point significantly. I think you mean the MX-5 video where the new upshift rev sounds were introduced. I'm quite pleased with the sounds at the moment. By no means perfect but it is no longer a complaint for me.

He has heard someone saying PoDi has claimed PS4 being hard to program.

Kind sir, I think you made a statement earlier that english isn't a first or easy language for you to understand:

I try to speak and understand English but often with my finglish it is not easy to catch every sentence here.

Kobooi was being sarcastic. In other words: making a joke. The same applied to his statement about the 32k resolution. Surely you didn't believe that? And it was a reference to the fact that Kaz has before mentioned that the PS3 was very hard to program, which caused problems for GT's development. And something that many programmers have also stated. Sony has rectified that mistake by listening to game developers, and the PS4 is known to be easy to program on. So Polyphony Digital would not be able to use that excuse as to why GT Sport has taken so long to develop and with such small content for a GT game.

But really, not even close PoDi attention to detail.

GT Sport has only 6 real tracks
Slightly made studios used laser scanning and the latest drone scanning on 4 of the tracks on PCars 1 and revisited and scanned the remaining ones that they did in part 1 that weren't originally scanned. Plus alot more for PCars 2 were scanned. The total list for real tracks in Pcars 2 is over 40.

Here is some proof:

https://www.gtplanet.net/new-tracks-in-project-cars-2-were-laser-scanned-with-drones/

Yes and no. There is still differences between them.

Yes there are. But some people played Gran Turismo only for it's single player career or "Gran Turismo" mode. Some people still only play video games strictly offline. GT's in the past have had licence tests, catch up challenges, races, endurance races, championships, tours, special events and historic recreations to keep single player fans happy. From what we have seen of GT Sport, and by their own admission of them scrapping GT's old template, and concentrating on competitive, online esports, a large involved single player mode won't be in GT Sports as like in previous GT's.

Here is some more information for you:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ure-single-player-career-events-races.346416/

And

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-single-player-scapes-social-functions/

Hope that helps clarify things.👍

Last edited:
Kind sir, I think you made a statement earlier that english isn't a first or easy language for you to understand:

Kobooi was being sarcastic. In other words: making a joke. The same as the 32k resolution. Surely you didn't believe that? And it was a reference to the fact that Kaz has before mentioned that the PS3 was very hard to program, which caused problems for GT's development. And something that many programmers have also stated. Sony has rectified that mistake by listening to game developers, and the PS4 is known to be easy to program on. So Polyphony Digital would not be able to use that excuse as to why GT Sport has taken so long to develop and with such small content for a GT game.

GT Sport has only 6 real tracks
Slightly made studios used laser scanning and the latest drone scanning on 4 of the tracks on PCars 1 and revisited and scanned the remaining ones that they did in part 1 that weren't originally scanned. Plus alot more for PCars 2 were scanned. The total list for real tracks in Pcars 2 is over 40.

Here is some proof:

https://www.gtplanet.net/new-tracks-in-project-cars-2-were-laser-scanned-with-drones/

Yes there are. But some people played Gran Turismo only for it's single player career or "Gran Turismo" mode. Some people still only play video games strictly offline. GT's in the past have had licence tests, catch up challenges, races, endurance races, championships, tours, special events and historic recreations to keep single player fans happy. From what we have seen of GT Sport, and by their own admission of them scrapping GT's old template, and concentrating on competitive, online esports. A large involved single player mode won't be in GT Sports as like in previous GT's.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ure-single-player-career-events-races.346416/

And

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-single-player-scapes-social-functions/

Hope that helps clarify things.👍

Yes. I know the sarcasm of Kobooi, but I never quoted him but other person.
The points you bring up are well known to me too.
Thanks anyway.

Yes. I know the sarcasm of Kobooi, but I never quoted him but other person.
The points you bring up are well known to me too.
Thanks anyway.

Than I do not understand why you state something on the contrary?

A few Questions: Which has the superior track list? PCars 2 or GT Sport? And what reason can you can you give for SMS not having the attention to detail of PoDi, as you put it, in this regards, to excuse their paltry track list, when they have had a larger budget, longer development time and more experience.

It is one thing saying something. But proof would go a long way in helping your cause. I have easily provided mine, as we all here have acess to the internet. Please elaborate?

Latest Posts

Back