The GT Sport Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 3,198 comments
People generally moan when they care about something about most of the time, especially when they have put time into something.

So do you think it came out well designed? Do you think nothing needs to be improved?

I too am glad that it came out, but I can see a whole lot of things I don't like. :rolleyes:

Btw, I think having a general moan thread minimises the problems the game has to a casual observer, or even to other users. As long as there was not lots of separate threads highlighting the same issues, people could see any problems, and see if anyone is having similar issues, I would rather have people highlighting problems in their own threads. People may also be more likely to help if it is a issue where there is a solution or workaround. That is hard to do if a lot of info is buried in one large thread that less and less may be willing to read as it gets larger and larger and so less people see them.

Of course it was missing some features and was clearly unpolished in certain areas, but nowadays with regular downloadable updates things can be patched and fixed. I'd rather that than still be waiting for the game to be released now.

Of course it was missing some features and was clearly unpolished in certain areas, but nowadays with regular downloadable updates things can be patched and fixed. I'd rather that than still be waiting for the game to be released now.
But if the flaws are not loudly highlighted, they will just do the same again and again and again, and that will become the norm.

As you can't rely on reviews to inform about design flaws and bugs, sites like this can tell people what to expect before buying. Even if someone will buy a GT games regardless, they will at least know about problems going in. ;)

Also, god damn it the trees are 2D. They appear to follow the camera, which, just...it's 2018. come on.
If I had a magic wand I'd do away with 2D trees. But if you want the eye candy in the cars and track, rotating 2D sprites are necessary to maintain framerates. It's a tradeoff I can live with but I can see where it might bother some. Can't say I've ever driven in any game and given the trees anything but a passing glance.

If I had a magic wand I'd do away with 2D trees. But if you want the eye candy in the cars and track, rotating 2D sprites are necessary to maintain framerates. It's a tradeoff I can live with but I can see where it might bother some. Can't say I've ever driven in any game and given the trees anything but a passing glance.

yeah, I mean, I understand why it's done, it's just annoying. One of the tradeoffs with consoles I guess. But like, when I notice it, and not just in GT, but it just makes me feel like the devs half-assed it I guess.

yeah, I mean, I understand why it's done, it's just annoying. One of the tradeoffs with consoles I guess. But like, when I notice it, and not just in GT, but it just makes me feel like the devs half-assed it I guess.
As I mentioned I only take a passing glance at the scenery, all my focus, even in replays, is on the track and cars. I wonder if there is any full on sim or even simcade game like GTS that has all 3D trees all the time? I really have no idea.

Here is where one can complain about DR going from S to D in 3 races thanks to people divebombing in the chicanes and causing you to crash into the drivers in front of you bringing several seconds on penalties :'(??

Trying to raise my SR, just keeping out of the way and I’ve got some German numpty clipping me so I let him pass then he brake checks me and goes flying into the barriers as I punt him at full speed, annoying AF

My urge to post in here is becoming more and more frequent, how on Earth am I supposed to contend with drivers that bash you out of the way to get ahead, thus making me lose my SR. I get it, I’m supposed to let them pass, race clean until my points increase but from what I hear it’s more of the same above B

My urge to post in here is becoming more and more frequent, how on Earth am I supposed to contend with drivers that bash you out of the way to get ahead, thus making me lose my SR. I get it, I’m supposed to let them pass, race clean until my points increase but from what I hear it’s more of the same above B
Doing the longer races with fuel/tire management spreads out the field and gives you a better chance to increase SR. You'll always have a few that are too aggressive, but it does get better with higher ratings.

I don't like the fact that DR changes from race results seem tied to the length of a race. Do badly in one FIA race for whatever reason? Enjoy your DR tanking. But you can screw up one Sport race without a huge ding.

I may have mentioned it before, maybe a bunch of times. A handful of cars crash in turn one at Monza. I cruise through the ghosted wrecks and get a 5 second penalty for each one of them. I avoided that today by just stopping before turn one and waiting until the melee was over. This is dumb.

I may have mentioned it before, maybe a bunch of times. A handful of cars crash in turn one at Monza. I cruise through the ghosted wrecks and get a 5 second penalty for each one of them. I avoided that today by just stopping before turn one and waiting until the melee was over. This is dumb.

I got two yellow flag 5 second penalties during qualifying for Brands Hatch FIA today. Why are flag penalties on during qualifying?? It ruined two of my laps.

Dragontrail was 66% dirty today (B/S to A/S), got worse as the evening went on. Last race downgraded me to SR.A thanks to some dude who had it out for me. Stop a dive bomber and he'll keep at you for every race after...

Anyway he just did me a favor, easy wins tomorrow while getting back to SR.S. A/A is automatic top 3 placement.

Yet seriously what's with all the dive bombing lately. Does no one know how to pass anymore...

When cars stop ghosting as soon as you get to them. It's happened twice and it's screwed up my race; where I've hit them as soon as they become 3D objects again. They need to stay ghosted for longer.

When cars stop ghosting as soon as you get to them. It's happened twice and it's screwed up my race; where I've hit them as soon as they become 3D objects again. They need to stay ghosted for longer.

I really think they need to put a countdown above the car. Or blink like the ghosts on Pac-Man. Something! Right now it's an absolute guess. It's amazing how shoddy some of the mechanics are in the core mode of this game.

As I mentioned I only take a passing glance at the scenery, all my focus, even in replays, is on the track and cars. I wonder if there is any full on sim or even simcade game like GTS that has all 3D trees all the time? I really have no idea.

Project Cars 2 does have 3D trees everywhere but they don’t look that good.

Driveclub I believe has all 3D scenery, but it's also 30fps.

Sometimes I do wish there was a 30fps option in GTS that would add motion blur and other effects during races. I miss that sense of speed from Driveclub, and I only get that in GTS with the sheer speed of the Gr.1 races. And even then, it often feels like GTS can't quite keep up with the framerate.

Sometimes I do wish there was a 30fps option in GTS that would add motion blur and other effects during races. I miss that sense of speed from Driveclub, and I only get that in GTS with the sheer speed of the Gr.1 races. And even then, it often feels like GTS can't quite keep up with the framerate.

I’d prefer locked 30 FPS in 4K/HDR instead of the 40-60 FPS offered now. I used to play in 1080p at 120 FPS but frame rate consistency is more important than the # of frames. Even better, give me a PS5 haha

Everyone who doesnt design games for a living could do better. Like people who don’t play football, hockey, fight MMA and other things. It’s always easier from the couch.

Wait, that’s complaining, but maybe it’s only limited to PD, not it’s users?

(Devils advocate, there’s plenty i’m not happy with too, but geez there is a lot of complaining)

I'm starting to get sick of this non-linear throttle! It's the one thing keeping me from really getting that last bit that I need.

Can't focus on lines 'cause I can never get hit throttle the same lap to lap! Not at the pace that I need anyway.

These R34 races have only compounded my frustrations. Trying to stay smooth but I never know what the hell the car is about to do.

I'm starting to get sick of this non-linear throttle! It's the one thing keeping me from really getting that last bit that I need.

Controllable powerslides should be great fun to do at corner exits, but not in GT Sport.
It's frustrating that you can hit e-brake at high speed and easily recover control, but accelerating straight line is causing problems.

IIRC Driveclub has 2D leaves that rotate with the camera.

I love what GT consistently does well (simcade handling model, good graphics) but since GT4 their games haven't been what they should be, in terms of content or feature development. The sport mode and matchmaking is an excellent feature, as is the livery editor, but that doesn't take four years of development time with the resources they have at their disposal. The AI and content level is very poor with that in mind, and I don't think the game would have near the same amount of criticism had it been released in 2013.

On another note, GTA V has better fantasy cars than GT Sport. Moral of the story is to have a car list based on real cars.

Yet seriously what's with all the dive bombing lately. Does no one know how to pass anymore...

I've found the problem to be at least as much that many drivers are still doing quali lines in the race; it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise if someone following close goes for the inside when the door is left wide open; they have to aim somewhere after all.
Confucius say: sometimes little racing room left, save dive bomb from becoming so.

Sounds like you're still having a tough time after all of that bump drafting :P

Back