The GT Sport Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 3,198 comments
According to GTP: It's not cheating if the game let's you do it...
Haha! Shade and I love it. That post was a hot mess of excuses by "top" players.

Dragontrail FIA Manu race last night. Some driver several cars ahead completely bins it on the first lap going into the uphill esses. They veer right on the first right hander, hit the wall, and then wrench the car left to avoid the wall. Naturally, this only bounces them over the crazy curb at the apex and now they're completely perpendicular to traffic, and ghosted. I'm at full tilt and already making my way as far outside as I can, but it isn't enough, and their GHOSTED, sideways car still t-bones me into the wall on the left. Full engine damage (FIA is light damage, but who cares), of course. We're not even 60 seconds into the race and the whole field was there, so I end up second to last with only the idiot who caused the incident behind. I struggle up the rest of the esses and down the hill, still damaged, and who comes up behind me, full tilt because apparently they took none--the culprit, of course. I got fed up and logged my first rage quit in an FIA/daily ever. I was racing in a top split (I'm A/S and several players in the race are S/S) so I knew there was no real salvaging to be had when I started mid-pack to begin with. Sometimes it feels like this game is trying to kill you slowly. I just rewatched it on my stream and got mad all over again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the same thing. People running at pace managing 6 laps, while I was down to 5% after 5 laps running 1 and 2 in the hilly section, others in front of me at almost 25% after 5 laps, while others had to pit twice to make it. Is there such a big difference in fuel efficiency and tank size? And if there is, shouldn't that be accounted for in bop settings. It very much restricts which cars are competitive.

I wish the game was a lot more transparent instead of just HP and weight. Tank size, fuel allowed to take in in pits, fuel efficiency etc all very basic things to know before the race.

Checking the fuel efficiency thread

Porsche 911 RSR
MR 510HP 1243Kg
@1 ~117km; @2 ~135km; @3 ~153km; @4 ~170km; @5 ~188km; @6 ~206km

Chevrolet Corvette C7
FR 551HP 1300Kg
@1 ~126km; @2 ~145km; @3 ~163km; @4 ~182km; @5 ~200km; @6 ~219km

BMW M6 GT3
FR 584HP 1300Kg
@1 ~126km; @2 ~147km; @3 ~168km; @4 ~189km; @5 ~210km; @6 ~231km

Totally not in line with my experience last night. M6 was the better choice apparently, yet the C7 should have outperformed the 911, however it fell way short. Unless the C7 has a much bigger tank than the 911, starts out with it nearly full but when getting the same amount in the pit it only fills the tank back up to 70%.

I guess 4x fuel consumption and fixed liter amounts per pit stop, will make fuel tank size differences 4x more severe as well. Too bad I don't pay my local gas pump in percentages of my fuel tank. Come on PD, use real numbers. Enough with the guess work.
I actually think that fuel tank sizes are different, because the fuel read out in the Mercedes AMG GT3 said that there was 7 laps of fuel left (when doing the Group 3 daily at Nurburgring GP), when the Jaguar F-Type Group 3's read out said 6 laps of fuel left. I though that my game was bugged but this post seems to back up what I'm saying.

I actually think that fuel tank sizes are different, because the fuel read out in the Mercedes AMG GT3 said that there was 7 laps of fuel left (when doing the Group 3 daily at Nurburgring GP), when the Jaguar F-Type Group 3's read out said 6 laps of fuel left. I though that my game was bugged but this post seems to back up what I'm saying.

Yep, the fuel tank sizes were different. I measured the 991 at 110 liters tank size, while the Corvette C7 had a 130 liter tank.
However today's update seems to have removed the differences for refuelling.

IMPORTANT
The fuel tank capacities of Gr.1/Gr.3/Gr.4 cars have been unified. In addition, Fuel Consumption rates have also been adjusted.

According to GTP: It's not cheating if the game let's you do it...

Honestly, it looks like standard Gran Turismo play from any point in history to me. You would have seen the same stuff from me and my brother playing as teenagers. The fact that the game can't detect or punish any of that shenanigans is exactly why it makes a terrible e-sport in it's current state.

It's a shame, because that's basically exactly what it looked like 10 years ago in GT5P as well.

a93d590a864063455e76d2d27b794d1b8f93485c58d9baacc9eedff3cdc03373.jpg

Monza.

Are you serious PD? Are you actually ****ing serious?

Of all the tracks, in all the world, you give us this turgid snoozefest, dramatised only by the inability of the majority of ***** to judge braking distances which additionally turn it into SR cancer. To add to the offence, you've cast half of it in shade for some reason so you can't even ****ing see Lesmo 1 and the run down to Ascari is an epileptic's nightmare - play that in a darkened room, I dare you. What the actual ****?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the meetings where people make the decisions about content and detail and this is the outcome. ****ing hell, this one must have been after a very long night on the Asahi.

****!

Monza.

Of all the tracks, in all the world, you give us this turgid snoozefest, dramatised only by the inability of the majority of ***** to judge braking distances which additionally turn it into SR cancer. To add to the offence, you've cast half of it in shade for some reason so you can't even ****ing see Lesmo 1 and the run down to Ascari is an epileptic's nightmare - play that in a darkened room, I dare you. What the actual ****?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the meetings where people make the decisions about content and detail and this is the outcome. ****ing hell, this one must have been after a very long night on the Asahi.

****!
Do you have replays? I'd like to watch some of the fun at turn 1

I mean, I know Monza, I've been watching F1 for many years. But you must have some replay footage (at least I was hoping for some), given you're some what passionate post :lol:

It's just like that but with Gr.3 cars and less effort at avoiding incidents.

Monza.

****!

Haha yep, when I saw 10 lap race on Monza in dailies I couldn't resist even though I knew I will regret it ... and I was right :lol: -500 DR points and SR went from 99 to 96.

I agree, Monza is just boring and not very suitable for public online racing, people will use you as a brake or dive bomb and push you out of the corner. But I like new Maggiore layouts.

Haha yep, when I saw 10 lap race on Monza in dailies I couldn't resist even though I knew I will regret it ... and I was right :lol: -500 DR points and SR went from 99 to 96.

I agree, Monza is just boring and not very suitable for public online racing, people will use you as a brake or dive bomb and push you out of the corner. But I like new Maggiore layouts.
Monza.

****!
Agree with both, I can’t understand why they picked Monza over Mugello...Monza is just a freaking motorway
Since they were in Italy they could have at least gone to the better track rather than staying close to Milan airport :banghead:

After a few "chaotics" races against a "tough" opponent who bump into me several times (not clear if it was on purpose) i got a text

I didn't find him on this forum (with this psn id) so here we go with my story :

So who's childish?

only little whining ... lots of people don't respect white line at pit exit, I know it's only a game but still.
I would love to start seeing penalties handed out here, especially at tracks where cutting the pit entry/exit put you right in the racing line.

After a few "chaotics" races against a "tough" opponent who bump into me several times (not clear if it was on purpose) i got a text

I didn't find him on this forum (with this psn id) so here we go with my story :

So who's childish?

He was a wrong for the time he hit you off track on purpose. But I also take contact complaints from people who race without radar on with a grain of salt. I'm not saying that you are dirty or don't try to be aware of your position and that of those around you, but you're not doing everything you can to avoid contact either. There's only so much you can see using the mirrors, and I didn't see even once where you moved the camera to look to your side (difficult in race anyway) in order to view your blind spots. It's quite possible that this driver and others were simply frustrated by all the little touches and leaning that happen when you're trying to squeeze into places, but can't see how much room you have.

well, I guess it's my turn to say goodbye to the game. It's not been particularly fun the last few days, the bugs, glitches, bad penalties, dirty driving, crap net code making lag far worse than it should be, crap match making and lousy race selection have taking the upper hand. None of the daily races for tomorrow look the least bit appealing, GR.1 on Interlagos, yeah right! Good place to test the tire bug, that will be fun...

Racing is fun, however I'm quite turned off from online racing yet again. I lasted 1062 sport races, so pretty great streak for GTS. GT5 remains king. I've met some great people, had plenty close battles in the past, however overall for every good player I've added 10 to my block list, and for every good/decent race there have been 5 mediocre to bad ones lately and it's been trending down consistently. That's in A/S.

SotC remake is next, then Wipeout VR against the AI, no lag, no bad penalties, no waiting, no qualifying, looking forward to the vr patch!

He was a wrong for the time he hit you off track on purpose. But I also take contact complaints from people who race without radar on with a grain of salt. I'm not saying that you are dirty or don't try to be aware of your position and that of those around you, but you're not doing everything you can to avoid contact either. There's only so much you can see using the mirrors, and I didn't see even once where you moved the camera to look to your side (difficult in race anyway) in order to view your blind spots. It's quite possible that this driver and others were simply frustrated by all the little touches and leaning that happen when you're trying to squeeze into places, but can't see how much room you have.

It's the whining and crying thread so i'll whine and cry :P

If you saw the original video how come we didn't touch when he did his move? (driving the white gt86) you should have notice neither i used the theorical line nor i turned recklessly into him. I don't need some kind of sixth sense to be "spatially aware" of my opponents position. Only common sense and logic.

But you don't have to take my word religiously so here an other video. Same track, similar action but different player.

If i was a bad player i could have ... "block" him. If i was a dirty player i could have ... "simulate" a "mistake" ...
I KNEW where he was. I KNEW what he was trying to do. I was still able to let enough space between us. And i'm not some kind of super-human. Period?

Did we touch? (with original player) We did. Did i dive bomb him? I did not from my perspective.

Also careful with the radar argument because i could use it against him :
Did he use the radar?
he didn't -> we both guilty
he did -> so he KNEW where i was and IF he's as good as he predends to be he KNEW what i was trying to do and then he SHOULD HAVE (tough choices ...) defended/protected his position or let enough space for both of us​

But i'm the optimistic kind so i genuinely thought he didn't expect my move in the first place. And i didn't really care until he brought up gtp. I tried to find his thread/
post (unsuccesful) so i decided to post here for him to argue publicly if it was so vital for him.

Great to see people getting really passionate about this game. Hate to see people deliberately making contact when there is already so much accidental. If you are hit please consider that it was an accident and the only revenge you seek should be a clean pass.

Finally got to finishing the mission challenges. The game cut my spotify off and is making me watch an unskippable end credits.
I actually liked the end credits, kinda funny to see what cars also roam the streets of Tokyo :dopey:

Gt86 on suzuka, daily race from yesterday. Im B/S matched with dr C, D,B sr S drivers. Everyone has half decent qualifying time.

In every race T1 is a disaster. People ramming each other, just carnage. Everytime i get punted and loose positions an have to catch up. I see people going off track every second corner an nearly nobody even tries to make clean pass. And this is sr S, what happened to this game. Its hard to find joy now, like i dont even want to play anymore.

Here is cherry on top. Last race i did also had mega crash at T1 in lap 1 which i expected. I tried to drive extra cateful there, and place ma car in most save place. I have started in 7th position and only by luck because nobody hit me, after t1 i was second. Everybody behind us were involved in crash so me and first pulled away.

I thought - finally i can get podium after whole evening of being punted. One guy has catched me on last lap because i have made an error earlier. And suprise suprise on last corner he rams me i spin out and finish back in 7th. I gave up there and turned console off.

Recently gts racing is pure garbage. I cant imagine what is going on in lower SR.

And that is a clear evidence of the state of the game and how polished it actually is..
Or simply shows how much humans like to moan.

Personally, I'm glad the game came out.. regardless of glitches, it's been a long time coming so I'm happy to be playing it.

Gt86 on suzuka, daily race from yesterday. Im B/S matched with dr C, D,B sr S drivers. Everyone has half decent qualifying time.

In every race T1 is a disaster. People ramming each other, just carnage. Everytime i get punted and loose positions an have to catch up. I see people going off track every second corner an nearly nobody even tries to make clean pass. And this is sr S, what happened to this game. Its hard to find joy now, like i dont even want to play anymore.

Here is cherry on top. Last race i did also had mega crash at T1 in lap 1 which i expected. I tried to drive extra cateful there, and place ma car in most save place. I have started in 7th position and only by luck because nobody hit me, after t1 i was second. Everybody behind us were involved in crash so me and first pulled away.

I thought - finally i can get podium after whole evening of being punted. One guy has catched me on last lap because i have made an error earlier. And suprise suprise on last corner he rams me i spin out and finish back in 7th. I gave up there and turned console off.

Recently gts racing is pure garbage. I cant imagine what is going on in lower SR.

I did the same raceyesterday in BB, matched with BA, BB and CB. One incident on T1 in 4 races, everything else was clean.

Its certainly gotten better, and i'm sure it will continue to, but current campaign is a bit dull and I hate the uniformity of car prices.

Or simply shows how much humans like to moan.

Personally, I'm glad the game came out.. regardless of glitches, it's been a long time coming so I'm happy to be playing it.
People generally moan when they care about something about most of the time, especially when they have put time into something.

So do you think it came out well designed? Do you think nothing needs to be improved?

I too am glad that it came out, but I can see a whole lot of things I don't like. :rolleyes:

Btw, I think having a general moan thread minimises the problems the game has to a casual observer, or even to other users. As long as there was not lots of separate threads highlighting the same issues, people could see any problems, and see if anyone is having similar issues, I would rather have people highlighting problems in their own threads. People may also be more likely to help if it is a issue where there is a solution or workaround. That is hard to do if a lot of info is buried in one large thread that less and less may be willing to read as it gets larger and larger and so less people see them.

Latest Posts

Back