The GT Sport Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 3,198 comments
Hellcat would look even more out of place than a Megane:lol: We should have a V8 Supercar style class so that big sedans have a place.
Which brings me to the Gr.3 Atenza. As fictional as it is, it's more Super GT300 than a GT3 car. I haven't touched the thing.

Another thing, why can i select Opponent Category to Gr.3 and my Gr.4 car, is the only one it my class? Big missed opportunity to at least half the field for multi-class racing. That's something they need to update. For shame.:sly:

Cant afford to go online so gt sport will be going to trade in, brilliant game but got bored of four tracks and twenty cars, we're not all rich polyphony!!!!!!!!!!
11 pence per day for playing PS4 online is a bit rich, but I don't understand why you only had four tracks and twenty cars?

It's really quick to reach level 20 and all tracks are unlocked?

Which brings me to the Gr.3 Atenza. As fictional as it is, it's more Super GT300 than a GT3 car. I haven't touched the thing.
I've been forced to touch it because it's the car I'm using in my GT Sport series:lol: Because it's the closest thing to a V8 Supercar.

How can we petition PD to give us a proper "hood" view.
Level with the drivers eyes.
Where the windscreen would be.
Every other racing game does it perfectly
@Jordan ?

It means the light source is behind the cars on most of the scapes so the cars are dark/silhoutted against a bright background. Good for landscapes but not for seeing detail in the cars.

Good for dramatic shots, but it highlights the inherent issue with the Scapes approach in current form: a lack of diversity. So many don't light the car terribly well. It's probably because flat light doesn't make for as realistic shots, but with the livery editor being such a fun feature, it's hard finding a setting that best shows off your work!
How can we petition PD to give us a proper "hood" view.
Level with the drivers eyes.
Where the windscreen would be.
Every other racing game does it perfectly
@Jordan ?

Closest you can get is the interior view at max zoom. I agree, hood view would be best. It's what I use in every other racing game that has it. Roof view just doesn't compare, especially without a rear view mirror.

What’s that? Sorry, English is not my first language.
backlight.jpg

Photo on left has back light, photo on right has front light. Most scapes are lit like the left side.

Someone reported me for passing them! :irked: Are people really that sensitive? :confused:

The details:
Nations Gr.4 race at Brands Hatch GP on Saturday. Last few laps I got stuck behind some cars and was just looking for opportunities. Second to last lap, the car 2 places in front of me goes quite slow through Westfield and Sheene. Caught me off guard as well as the car directly in front of me. We both slowed appropriately and avoided any contact, but no positions changed.

So on the last lap I set myself to get a run if the car slowed again. The same car 2 places in front of me was slow again at Sheene. The car directly ahead of me was just playing follow the leader and got a slow exit out of Sheene. I got a nice run out of Sheene and took the inside line to Stirlings. I easily outbraked the car directly in front of me, was approaching the apex with no understeer and expected the car to defend by keeping the outside line. They turned into me and we had minor side contact. I made the pass, but got a 1 second penalty. They got a penalty as well, but I don't know how long. I was well ahead through the last corner, served my penalty before the line and kept the position.

Post race results/chat screen: The driver I passed called me an idiot. I replied that I was on the inside line and to watch the replay. They said I forced it and reported me. I reviewed the replay, was well ahead for turn in, and the contact was his front fender turning into my rear fender. Very clear that I was ahead, didn't overshoot my braking or use them as a brake.

Why would they report me for this? I didn't divebomb or punt them. Worst thing you could say is it was a racing incident. I hope this isn't going to be the new normal, with people reporting each other for being passed.

Someone reported me for passing them! :irked: Are people really that sensitive? :confused:

The details:
Nations Gr.4 race at Brands Hatch GP on Saturday. Last few laps I got stuck behind some cars and was just looking for opportunities. Second to last lap, the car 2 places in front of me goes quite slow through Westfield and Sheene. Caught me off guard as well as the car directly in front of me. We both slowed appropriately and avoided any contact, but no positions changed.

So on the last lap I set myself to get a run if the car slowed again. The same car 2 places in front of me was slow again at Sheene. The car directly ahead of me was just playing follow the leader and got a slow exit out of Sheene. I got a nice run out of Sheene and took the inside line to Stirlings. I easily outbraked the car directly in front of me, was approaching the apex with no understeer and expected the car to defend by keeping the outside line. They turned into me and we had minor side contact. I made the pass, but got a 1 second penalty. They got a penalty as well, but I don't know how long. I was well ahead through the last corner, served my penalty before the line and kept the position.

Post race results/chat screen: The driver I passed called me an idiot. I replied that I was on the inside line and to watch the replay. They said I forced it and reported me. I reviewed the replay, was well ahead for turn in, and the contact was his front fender turning into my rear fender. Very clear that I was ahead, didn't overshoot my braking or use them as a brake.

Why would they report me for this? I didn't divebomb or punt them. Worst thing you could say is it was a racing incident. I hope this isn't going to be the new normal, with people reporting each other for being passed.
This is exactly what I feared when I heard about the new reporting system... Muppets reporting because they lost. Not that I'm against the reporting system (I'm all for it!), but it's just that it's going to be hard to filter the actual racing incidents from the troll reports. Maybe PD's sorting it out? Maybe that's why we haven't seen anyone actually get affected so far?

Unless... did they tell you that you were reported in the chat itself, or were you given a notification by the game?

This is exactly what I feared when I heard about the new reporting system... Muppets reporting because they lost. Not that I'm against the reporting system (I'm all for it!), but it's just that it's going to be hard to filter the actual racing incidents from the troll reports. Maybe PD's sorting it out? Maybe that's why we haven't seen anyone actually get affected so far?

Unless... did they tell you that you were reported in the chat itself, or were you given a notification by the game?

I don't remember exactly. I did get a message (the message system on the main PS4 screen) from them that only said "Report"

I can't remember on the results/chat screen if something popped up or they just left a chat message that said "Reported."

Maybe they were just messing with me and didn't report it at all, but why would they say something like that? Doesn't it just invite people to report them back? Of course, I didn't report them. I did take a couple replay screen shots and added them to the message I got, but they didn't reply.

Last night my friend was racing in Sport Mode with me and he had someone purposely run him off the road. I told my friend to report that guy but he couldn't remember is name. That got me wondering how many people are getting falsely accused because someone is just mad and reports the wrong person.

I've never reported anyone and most likely never will. I think you can only do it from the results/chat screen, so if I ever did report someone I'd want to be positive it was the right person.

My guess is PD has a system and unless it's content related, they won't do anything unless there are multiple reports about someone. It's hard to imagine someone is actually investigating every single report. But who knows?

Wah, Nurb 24h is over again. Replaced with utter crap races.

I doubt reporting does much, yet before reporting simply save the replay and check what happened while the lobby is still open. ffwd to the incident(s) then report the right person(s). There's no excuses at SR.S, unless it was a genuine mistake which is easy to spot by the behavior right after the incident. Keep braking, mistake, keep pushing, reported.

Just a small whine because I forgot to buy the wheels and paints I was meaning to buy from the mile exchange before it updated
this morning. Oops!

Why kaz dont play assetto corsa and try to copy that awesome driving feeling? :( :)

Was not expecting to hear Enya when I clicked that link! lol nice, I think I'm going to have to check Assetto Corsa out, I keep hearing both good and bad things about it.. Hmmm.. GTS, while still my favorite racing game by far, isn't completely satisfying my racing fix at the moment.
---
I just had to come back here and post one more time.. I cannot understand WHY PD refuses to allow us to customize the HUD.. this is driving me absolutely INSANE. WHY can't I turn off certain items, why can't I turn off the timer in the middle of the screen?? Did Tag Heuer pay so they could have their logo right in front of my face the whole race?? WHY can't I turn off that stupid red warning message that fills up the center of my screen when the gas tank is low????? WHY???? UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok I got that off my chest lol

Was not expecting to hear Enya when I clicked that link! lol nice, I think I'm going to have to check Assetto Corsa out, I keep hearing both good and bad things about it.. Hmmm.. GTS, while still my favorite racing game by far, isn't completely satisfying my racing fix at the moment.
---
I just had to come back here and post one more time.. I cannot understand WHY PD refuses to allow us to customize the HUD.. this is driving me absolutely INSANE. WHY can't I turn off certain items, why can't I turn off the timer in the middle of the screen?? Did Tag Heuer pay so they could have their logo right in front of my face the whole race?? WHY can't I turn off that stupid red warning message that fills up the center of my screen when the gas tank is low????? WHY???? UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok I got that off my chest lol
Maybe PD didn't want to do race engineers this time.

Well today's whining from me is ending up back in D for DR and B for SR thanks to the PSN kicking me twice from
the M3 race. Thanks for that game!

I dont see how people can complain about the report system. You will not be banned because of a report, but only after a reports investigation. If you did nothing wrong, nothing will happen.

If only: it will help PD report people who report for all the wrong reasons.

I dont see how people can complain about the report system. You will not be banned because of a report, but only after a reports investigation. If you did nothing wrong, nothing will happen.

If only: it will help PD report people who report for all the wrong reasons.

I have no clue if PD does anything with reports, yet I'll report people after every race if I see any brake checking, deliberate dive bombing, bump passing or excessive swerve blocking going on and of course when purposefully ramming people off the road. Hopefully PD will get the message that their penalty system is still very much flawed. As long as it is, it's up to the players to bring attention to dirty drivers. All those thing interfere with the race and that's exactly what the reports are for. I race in A/S and I expect it to be free of such 'tactics'

And add serving penalties in the last turn on Tokyo to that list. No blocking traffic cause you have a penalty.

Last edited:
Back