The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
...No problem with you feeling that way, but I asked you about the limitation of the PS3. You kept talking about PD's design choices. A developer like PD should be capable to create the best game they can within the limitation of the PS3...
You must have missed this bit then:

"What ND said, tells me without doubt that the PS3’s limits were a factor in how games are designed for it, and that certain things need to be juggled if a balanced result is to be achieved. So in effect those design choices are important and directly due to the PS3's limits."

And in addition, I do think that they created the best that they can within the limitations - it might not be what you want, but that doesn't make it any less valid.

Right, off to work for me - talk amongst yourselves.

You must have missed this bit then:

"What ND said, tells me without doubt that the PS3’s limits were a factor in how games are designed for it, and that certain things need to be juggled if a balanced result is to be achieved. So in effect those design choices are important and directly due to the PS3's limits."

And in addition, I do think that they created the best that they can within the limitations - it might not be what you want, but that doesn't make it any less valid.

Right, off to work for me - talk amongst yourselves.

Lol, what does any of that have to do with the points I was talking about? And by the way, I played uncharted 1 to 3 and the last of us and all the games were of consistent quality from start to finish.

ND worked within the PS3's limit and I even talked about working within the limits of the PS3. It's like I'm talking to a wall with you. Victory for you I guess because I give up.

Last edited by a moderator:
''Hey, real life can be pretty tedious, why not design our game around that notion as well?''. The Real Life Simulator.
I thought that was what actually happened...tedium ad naseum.:guilty:

Lol, what does any of that have to do with the points I was talking about? And by the way, I played uncharted 1 to 3 and the last of us and all the games were of consistent quality from start to finish.

ND worked within the PS3's limit and I even talked about working within the limits of the PS3. It's like I'm talking to a wall with you. Victory for you I guess because I give up.
Just for the record, I wasn't looking for a victory, just understanding. I had decided last night that indeed, there was no real point in continuing this discussion further, for pretty much the same reasons - ah well: I suppose it's best that we agree to differ.

Last edited:
Grid Autosport announced. Will not release on next gen. Only PC, X360 and PS3.
So I'm very unlikely to get that game, since I now have a PS4.

Oh man that new GRID sounds like Codemasters might be going back to a bit of their TOCA roots with all of those different racing disciplines.. did I hear them mention qualifying?? Oh man.. I hope it's good!! Kind of excited to check it out! The GRID games always left me a bit cold but those old TOCA games were the best.

Oops.. forgot to stay on topic.. umm. I've not booted GT6 up in 3 weeks & it makes me want to cry! :( I've decided to go on strike from GT6. I'll only boot up GT6 again when PD actually delivers on something. If there is a big Senna update I'll def book it up and check it out.. or at least a new track.. or a course generator.. or a seasonal event that isn't a time trial.. anything!! :irked:

Grid Autosport announced. Will not release on next gen. Only PC, X360 and PS3.
So I'm very unlikely to get that game, since I now have a PS4.
Actually, I think you should and I wanted to say that my earlier comment might have been premature as it looks pretty much like what you wanted from GT6 - so yes, it could well be a contender after all.

I'll be keeping an eye on GA. I'm also intrigued by the mention of a dashboard camera. If that is anything like the standard RBR cockpit view, I'll be using that.

They mentioned how they've been listening to feedback. I'm not psychic, but I can tell you exactly what feedback they'll be getting now. "NEXT GEN!". Personally I don't mind as I've kept my PS3 and also have the option for buying on PC, but many people will mind.

PD should take a page out of Codemasters book. PD's equivalent page would read something like this: "We have heard your requests for a livery editor, better engine sounds and more options in general. We chose to ignore them and we've spent that time mapping the stars, coming up with a GPS track feature that less than 5% of people will ever use and working to improve the graphics that the majority of people weren't complaining about at the expense of stability. High five?".

Last edited:
Another reason to dump gt6 GA sounds good but..... Im worried its going to be a bit half assed considering its so soon after Grid2 which was kinda rubbish on ps3 (frame-rate, textures no cockpit)

I do hope grid 2.5 will be more like GRID ohh and I hope gt6 will you know... one day get something more then a new time-trial -__-

Another reason to dump gt6 GA sounds good but..... Im worried its going to be a bit half assed considering its so soon after Grid2 which was kinda rubbish on ps3 (frame-rate, textures no cockpit)

I do hope grid 2.5 will be more like GRID ohh and I hope gt6 will you know... one day get something more then a new time-trial -__-
I personally hope they are true to their word and it is more like the Toca games of old. They said it is meant to be one or two steps more towards realism than the original Grid, which should be good fun.

I'm quite fussy about getting my wheel dialled in properly. I had to use totally counter intuitive settings with the first Grid to make it feel decent. Once I did though, it was a lot more fun and felt more authentic (car characteristics and grip are obviously exaggerated but it was more natural feeling). It totally changed my impression of the game.

I have a feeling more than a few GT players will be checking out GA. Leaderboards, full qualifying and practice for events (aka a proper race weekend), a good mix of different kinds of cars. A thriving online community would be a bonus. Given half decent physics, I'll be taking a look at it myself as something to do before PCars comes out.

I'm quite fussy about getting my wheel dialled in properly. I had to use totally counter intuitive settings with the first Grid to make it feel decent. Once I did though, it was a lot more fun and felt more authentic (car characteristics and grip are obviously exaggerated but it was more natural feeling). It totally changed my impression of the game.

I've never liked any of Codemasters so-called racing sims, or racing games. I tried the demo of the first GRID game & found that the wheel didn't even feel close to realistic despite any settings I used. After that, they stopped supporting wheel use in their demos, says it all really. That said, if it does lean towards realistic physics & it feels good through a wheel, I might try it out. Never say never. :D

And I still think GT6 is mostly pants! :P

Trailer looks great. But is there something that prevent that team to work on a race Creator? Or we will have to wait for 2055?

In my opinion a race creator should be in any racing game, but if the developer includes exciting racing then I would already be very happy. I've been playing a lot of f1 2013 doing 100 % races on expert and legendary (expert for slow cars and legendary for top 3 cars) and this races never get boring. Love setting up my cars in practice, doing qualifying and then fighting for 12th place in a Marrusia. Setting up a good pass really gives you a great feeling.

You can really tell when GT is loosing it when GTPlanet puts out a new news topic about GT6 and there are only 7 comments on it.
To top it off, the regulars on the "Whining & Crying" thread stop talking about GT6 and talk about the competitors.
Well, it is interesting and the competition may be good for GT6 unless Kaz is so far off into his personal interest there is no hope for us.
Thanks to all!

You can really tell when GT is loosing it when GTPlanet puts out a new news topic about GT6 and there are only 7 comments on it.
To top it off, the regulars on the "Whining & Crying" thread stop talking about GT6 and talk about the competitors.
To be frank i've lost all interest in the GT series as a whole by now. Was watching what PD would add to the experience in the months after they released 6, as it seemed all kinds of "gamechangers" would supposedly be added through updates, but seeing we can now more or less conclude that was just a pre release sales scam, the whole game has died a silent death when it wasn't even alive to begin with...

They've had their chance, and in my opinion screwing it up for what was effectively a whole console lifecycle shows me there is no hope in them ever getting their **** together.

Thank god the competition has catched up and surpassed them in many ways, so we can still get our fix elsewhere and talk about it also on GTP :D

Whoa that trailer looked good! I'm very impressed on how pCARS is turning out. :D
That PCars trailer makes you wonder what the 🤬 was PD doing all these years. :confused::confused::confused:

"yeah we're not quite there with the sound"

Embarrassing :embarrassed:
This link was posted in the PCars Forum http://www.gamersyde.com/news_project_cars_nurburgring-15225_en.html

Those are direct downloads of HiDef gameplay. Download the one on the top left. I used a bittorrent. It makes the Youtube stuff look last generation. The sound is awesome too. If you want to see what it'll really look like give those DL's a spin, you won't regret it.:cheers:

VBR
I've never liked any of Codemasters so-called racing sims, or racing games. I tried the demo of the first GRID game & found that the wheel didn't even feel close to realistic despite any settings I used. After that, they stopped supporting wheel use in their demos, says it all really. That said, if it does lean towards realistic physics & it feels good through a wheel, I might try it out. Never say never. :D

And I still think GT6 is mostly pants! :P
I liked Codemasters games a lot in the PS1 and PS2 era. I didn't like the direction they went with the PS3 era. Dirt 1 had some great rally stages, but the handling of the cars was horrible. You couldn't even slide a RWD car on mud or gravel. Grid wasn't what I hoped it would be, but as an arcadey racer, it was a bit of fun. Dirt 2's physics, while still arcadey was miles better than Dirt 1. The problem was the lack of courses (what were there, 4 or 5 full length rally courses?). Dirt 3 I own but haven't played yet (have a backlog of games to play) and the same goes for the latest F1 game (haven't played any of the others either). Dirt Showdown was of no interest whatsoever and I didn't like the decisions they'd made with Grid 2, so I didn't bother with it.

Edit. Accidentally posted prematurely (how embarrassing).

Last edited:
In my opinion a race creator should be in any racing game, but if the developer includes exciting racing then I would already be very happy. I've been playing a lot of f1 2013 doing 100 % races on expert and legendary (expert for slow cars and legendary for top 3 cars) and this races never get boring. Love setting up my cars in practice, doing qualifying and then fighting for 12th place in a Marrusia. Setting up a good pass really gives you a great feeling.

Yes, that's racing! I wish PD would try it.

Back