The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
It's become quite apparent that Kaz's pursuit of creating the "Real Driving Simulator" has lead the series astray (from being an actual worthwhile game) and consumed Kaz's mind beyond repair. What a turn of events! When I look at the new Data Logger and GPS visualizer, I shake my head. It's not even that those features are totally unwanted, it's that there are so many other basic features and improvements the series should fix (and some that could have been fixed by now). And considering the percentage of gamers/driver that will actually use it....it's got to be far less than the number of people that would like a livery editor or less than those that have been patiently waiting nearly 5 months for a track creator. Unbelievable.

I think we can all salute PD and Kaz for the work they have accomplished. But the sun sets on every empire. Maybe it's time.....:sly:👍:bowdown:

Last edited:
NEWS FLASH: The latest GT6 Seasonal Events are sponsored by Land Rover, Nissan and Ford providing a true international flavor. The next Seasonal Event on GT6, "The Real Driving Simulator", will involve a new track and will be sponsored by Toyota. It will be a Super Lap, timing the drivers of a RAV4 from a soccer field in the suburbs of Minneapolis, Minnesota, to the Mall Of The Americas, to IKEA, and back to the soccer field.
Winners of the gold trophy will receive the color; Bass Boat Metal-flake Blue! :lol:

Last edited:
NEWS FLASH: The latest GT6 Seasonal Events are sponsored by Land Rover, Nissan and Ford providing a true international flavor. The next Seasonal Event on GT6, "The Real Driving Simulator", will involve a new track and will be sponsored by Toyota. It will be a Super Lap, timing the drivers of a RAV4 from a soccer field in the suburbs of Minneapolis, Minnesota, to the Mall Of The Americas and back to the soccer field.
Winners of the gold trophy will receive the color; Bass Boat Metal-flake Blue! :lol:
:dopey:Is that anything like the bright blue metallic on the '71 Dodge Charger?

Your right! Currently that is my cure for the moment :D ! I have to wait and see how long it will last but finally there is something that makes me happy again within the racinggenre. Even it may not be as "SIM" as GT or Forza, it's something that goes back to it's roots. Proper door 2 door racing. Good singleplayer and decent AI. I could mention PCars as well but I don't have a PS4. My PS3 will have to run at least 1 or 2 years again.

Next to that I started to play Rocksmith 2014 :bowdown: (74% Kansas - Carry on wayward son) as well but it has nothing to do with racing ;)

Oh man, everything about the new GRID sounds amazing.
* Qualifying.
* More tracks than GRID 1 and 2 together.
* Cockpit and dashboard view.
* About handling: "For GRID Autosport we’ve gone back to a more authentic handling style" ..."If anything, we believe the handling is actually one or two steps further towards simulation than Race Driver: GRID, to give you an idea."
* Freedom to choose in career mode the disciplines you like more or even do them all.

Here is the difference between them and PD:
"...While we were patching GRID 2 and releasing new content, we were busy gathering feedback. We devoured the comment threads under articles about GRID 2 on gaming websites, took stock of our reviews, and of course, digested all the comments on our social channels and forums where we received direct feedback. It’s this feedback that helped create GRID Autosport."

"...While we were patching GRID 2 and releasing new content, we were busy gathering feedback. We devoured the comment threads under articles about GRID 2 on gaming websites, took stock of our reviews, and of course, digested all the comments on our social channels and forums where we received direct feedback. It’s this feedback that helped create GRID Autosport."
:bowdown:

Just thought about something.
GT6 mainly got good reviews right?

Then what I'm supposed to do if I can't put my faith in reviewers anymore?

How will I know if DriveClub is actually good?

Or are reviewers simply giving GT series ONLY good reviews because of fame and reputation?

Last edited:
Just thought about something.
GT6 mainly got good reviews right?

Then what I'm supposed to do if I can't put my faith in reviewers anymore?

I will I know if DriveClub is actually good?

Or are reviewers simply giving GT series ONLY good reviews because of fame and reputation?
Or maybe they legitimately liked it?

You know, because no-one can like anything anymore because you don't like it.

That kind of cynical crap is not welcome here.
I'm just pointing out that reviewers are people too, they have their likes and dislikes.

They can like or dislike anything just like you can. Not trying to be a cynic.

I'm just pointing out that reviewers are people too, they have their likes and dislikes. They can like or dislike anything just like you can.

I'm not disputing that. I just want to know which reviewers feel like all those people that decided to not buy the game, just like me.

It's hard to do so when you can't try the game. And even more when Kaz lie about promised features.
I don't need to try it or trust Kaz to scamper around for info, this is the goddamn internet.

Although In GT6's case I knew everything about the game when I pre-ordered it.

Oh man, everything about the new GRID sounds amazing.
* Qualifying.
* More tracks than GRID 1 and 2 together.
* Cockpit and dashboard view.
* About handling: "For GRID Autosport we’ve gone back to a more authentic handling style" ..."If anything, we believe the handling is actually one or two steps further towards simulation than Race Driver: GRID, to give you an idea."
* Freedom to choose in career mode the disciplines you like more or even do them all.

Putting everything else aside for a moment, the single most important area within GRID 2 is the player’s experience when on-track, driving some of the most iconic, aspirational vehicles that the world has to offer.

Delivering a handling model to the player which feels authentic, exciting, occasionally scary and massively rewarding has been the goal. To enable us to deliver this the TrueFeel handling model has been developed, which breaks the model down to three core values.

Firstly the key character of each individual vehicle must be captured and portrayed to the player. We’ve hand-picked a selection of the world’s most exciting vehicles, so it’s incredibly important that we let the player understand how these cars truly feel to drive.

Knew that sounded familiar. Don't count on it yet.

To address the last few posts. You cannot rely on reviews. You can use them to get an impression (if every reviewer gives a game a 3/10, there's normally something fundamentally wrong with it), but experience has taught me, you cannot rely on them. Also when it comes to big established names such as COD and GT, reviews become even less reliable. You have to familiarise yourself with a bunch of different reviewers, see where their opinions match your own and learn where to read between the lines or take what they say with a pinch of salt.

And as the comment above says, you need to take developers statements with a face puckering amount of salt. The prospect of this game sounds great, but until the goods are delivered, it means very little. They were patting themselves on the back for their TrueFeel handling system before the game was released. From what I've been able to gather, many people thought it was very meh. However, it is almost universally accepted that they dropped the ball big time when it came to the drifting. I've seen the videos and the drifting looked awful!

If you want good reviews look for reviewers that already proved that they know their racing games, IGN, Gamespot and Gamereactor for example all gave what i think a score that fits GT6, and pointed out most of it's flaws.

Think I'm just gonna play a little here and there from now on until I get my PS4 and start playing Project CARS. Sadly, GT6 has pretty much put too much of a bitter taste in my mouth from lack of support on behalf of PD. It really is a shame because I really loved the Gran Turismo series.
For those of you who continue to play GT6 and move on with PD, I hope you enjoy every minute. After all, isn't gaming supposed to be about fun?

Think I'm just gonna play a little here and there from now on until I get my PS4 and start playing Project CARS. Sadly, GT6 has pretty much put too much of a bitter taste in my mouth from lack of support on behalf of PD. It really is a shame because I really loved the Gran Turismo series.
For those of you who continue to play GT6 and move on with PD, I hope you enjoy every minute. After all, isn't gaming supposed to be about fun?
I'm personally going to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I didn't get GT6, but that was based on following news, watching videos and reading what people had to say about it. I did make some predictions about it (earlier in the thread GT7 got the same treatment) and had a pretty good idea of what it would be like, but that wasn't what determined my decision. I will treat GT7 the same way. If PD get their act together and GT7 is a good game in its own right, I'll buy it.

People talk about loyalty to a series or particular brand, which I don't really get. It's a product, and if it isn't any good, I wont buy it. The only thing I owe is the money to pay for the game, nothing more.

Back