The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
33 tracks? My hat did not fall off

new cars? some ugly openwheel car that looks like a pig on wheels and the countach is premium. should have been premium 3 years ago.

no news on damage or crash physics

no news on AI

no news on sound

probably because all 3 still suck

WOW epic fail. Sony's biggest franchise launching at the end of ps3 life cycle with new console launching the same time?

7 new tracks? Few new cars? This sounds horrendous. Unless the AI, and racing is totally revamped and offline career mode is totally redone with REAL RACING I am not buying this.

Yes it's on PS3, and the entire GT6 for PS4 crowd was right, this is a glorified GT5 2.0, it's pretty sad when their new trailer is 90% cars from their last game, and they are boasting 1,200 cars which means more PS2 era graphics being released in 2013, what a joke. I'll see you on PS4 with GT7.

new cars? some ugly openwheel car that looks like a pig on wheels and the countach is premium. should have been premium 3 years ago.

no news on AI

no news on sound

Okay, if you are that angered and dissatisfied, having said goodbye to the site and franchise, why are you here yet?

no news on AI

no news on sound

Start playing forza then, and also there are alot of racing sims on the PC

7 new tracks feels like a small number compared to three years... but they announce monthly DLCs, i.e. all the legacy tracks come via DLC. Good and bad at once.

Well goodbye.

Why because he's right? Open your eyes! We should have had all this crap when GT5 came out. Every point Earth is making makes every bit of sense. The fake, flashy GT trailers(2012 NSX ring a bell anyone?), 1 new track from GT5 and then they're going to make us pay for the rest in which they already have rendered. Pushing the PS3 engine which is already really old tech. Oh, new cars? I'm pretty sure Forza put more new cars in DLC in 8 months than PD did in what, 4 years? Don't forget about the cars still from PS2. This is honestly crap and people are still buying it.

Why because he's right? Open your eyes! We should have had all this crap when GT5 came out. Every point Earth is making makes every bit of sense. The fake, flashy GT trailers(2012 NSX ring a bell anyone?), 1 new track from GT5 and then they're going to make us pay for the rest in which they already have rendered. Pushing the PS3 engine which is already really old tech. Oh, new cars? I'm pretty sure Forza put more new cars in DLC in 8 months than PD did in what, 4 years? Don't forget about the cars still from PS2. This is honestly crap and people are still buying it.

What else is there to say. He wrote that he's leaving. Goodbye is pretty fitting.

I also don't see what GT5's shortcomings has got to do with GT6.

What else is there to say. He wrote that he's leaving. Goodbye is pretty fitting.

I also don't see what GT5's shortcomings has got to do with GT6.

You cannot see how GT5's short comings are related to GT6? LOL. Gt6 looks and sounds just like Gt 5.5. Say hello to more ps2 era cars, no damage and racing pylons.

no news on AI

no news on sound

Wrong wrong wrong.

They don't have to give everything else away now.

My only actual complain is DLC. It seems they will keep some tracks off the finished game only to release them as DLC. Bloodsuckers.

👍 yeah, especially people without internet possibilities (yeah, they are out there!) will be screwed big time! :/

Nothing really new in the trailer, didn't excite me at all. Could have had some cars showing new aero parts or a car customized in such a way that you knew there was a livery editor. Maybe some type of hint hinting day/night cycle and weather effects for most/all tracks

You cannot see how GT5's short comings are related to GT6? LOL. Gt6 looks and sounds just like Gt 5.5. Say hello to more ps2 era cars, no damage and racing pylons.

We don't know that yet, although standards seem highly likely.

Racing pylons???

The DLC is the biggest worry for me.

The physics bit sounds very promising. And that's the main thing in my opinion.

We don't know that yet, although standards seem highly likely.

Racing pylons???

The AI, GT has the worst AI of any modern racing game as well as the worst career mode, this needs to be fully revamped, the Ai are like pylons. Unless these things are addressed I won't be buying gt6.

I wont post a long winded reply but I agree with Earth, especially if I find out GT6 still has standards. If GT6 has standards I will not purchase or rent GT6. I did not buy GT5 because of the standard cars. I rented GT5 to give it a chance but the standards killed the game for me. Later GT5 was given to me as a Christmas present. It has improved over the years but still, standard cars are standard cars and have many restrictions. You cant even bring them to the phototravel.

So if GT6 does confirm standard cars, I wont even waste my time renting it. I sure as heck wont buy it. If there are no standards then this might be my first GT purchase since GT4.

The AI, GT has the worst AI of any modern racing game as well as the worst career mode, this needs to be fully revamped, the Ai are like pylons. Unless these things are addressed I won't be buying gt6.

We don't know anything about AI in GT6. Pure speculation.

GT6, unfortunately it will still have the so hated standard cars, because as it says "All of the cars and tracks from Gran Turismo®5, which has sold over 10 million copies since launching in 2010, will be retained in GT6" All the cars from GT5 will be included in the game, this means standards and badly sounding cars. GT6 is as someone described it a GT5.5, a version 3.0 if you will. Basicly they fixed all the bugs they could, made handling feel better, graphical bugs gone, but keep everything that made GT5 bad still in game. Not sure about a new damage algorithym tho.

Yamauchi said the game will continue to develop throughout its life. That may be good but does this mean we'll have to wait for spec 2.0 before the game becomes somewhat playable?

I'm dissapointed that it was not released on PS4, there is no reason to the the PS4 now for me. Bad buisness decision too.

i wasn't going to buy a PS4 for GT6 after the GT5 disaster, this gives them a chance to win me back. great business decision.

You obviously havent played Real racing 3 then. The AI is horrendous in that game. The AI in GT5 is a thousand times better than RR3

no news on AI

no news on sound

you make 3 points here

and since the thread is made to cry: let's go!

it's way too early to say but i hope they will give drifting the part it deserves

rally has its part but so far: granturismo is a major sponsor in D1GP, not in WRC

and still about drifting: all the dudes i drift with agree on that; we need a touge road* or a real japanase drift track like ebisu, nikko, meihan, maze, bihoku island...and so on

i'd like PD to show more love to drifting...just a little

end of the ranting, i'm very very pleased with the rest of the news given today about the physics and all that

also happy not to have to buy a ps4

and IF they really have improved the track editor: it's going to be insane!
*we might be able to create our own touge/mountain road

Back