The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
I wont post a long winded reply but I agree with Earth, especially if I find out GT6 still has standards. If GT6 has standards I will not purchase or rent GT6. I did not buy GT5 because of the standard cars. I rented GT5 to give it a chance but the standards killed the game for me. Later GT5 was given to me as a Christmas present. It has improved over the years but still, standard cars are standard cars and have many restrictions. You cant even bring them to the phototravel.

So if GT6 does confirm standard cars, I wont even waste my time renting it. I sure as heck wont buy it. If there are no standards then this might be my first GT purchase since GT4.

I'm with you. I let PD slide with the standard cars in GT5, but I'm not tolerating it again.

Negatives: not many new cars (unless they remove a lot of duplicates), only 7 new tracks, on an outdated system and DLC may be a problem.

Positives: new physics, new tracks are looking like good ones, same for cars, the situation it's being released in may mean the DLC is dirt cheap, or even free, no new console necessary and highly improved customisation.

So far it's sounding good to me, but I guess all some people can do is complain. I wanted GT6 on PS4 too, but it's not happening. Wait and see how it actually turns out... or keep bitching pointlessly. :lol:

The game sounds like a major update for GT5. They really have to impress me at E3 if I even have to consider buying this.

33 tracks? My hat did not fall off

new cars? some ugly openwheel car that looks like a pig on wheels and the countach is premium. should have been premium 3 years ago.

no news on damage or crash physics

no news on AI

no news on sound

probably because all 3 still suck

Maybe they'll announce those at E3? :\

You didn't need to start a thread for this. They will whine and cry about it in other threads anyway. (Watch me get another warning for telling the truth lol)
good thread idea imo : i'll put all my whining in there

i think sure already 500-600 premium cars now.

ALFA Romeo 155 V6 Touring Car will PREMIUM!

Well GT7 in PS4! lol. :D

I really am wondering why some of you are here if you just hate GT all the time and never have anything good to say about the game. It makes no sense to me.

You obviously havent played Real racing 3 then. The AI is horrendous in that game. The AI in GT5 is a thousand times better than RR3
But all the cars in RR3 are premium. Full interior views too. :sly: And that's a game we play on a phone!

Win you back with more of the same garbage? Great thinking 👍

if it's more of the same garbage i'll stay with Forza. if it actually improves on sound, AI, single player, damage, customization and the addition of some good tracks then i will buy it if the reviews are good and give it a shot. If it had come out on PS4 I had already made my mind up i was out.

this whole moaning and crying about it not being on ps4 is hilarious. the graphics are not the problem with GT5, it's everything else that is more than capable of being fixed on the PS3. making this for PS3 makes so much more sense, there are going to be much more units sold up front than would have been on PS4. Of course a lot of it is about money it's a business, I don't know to many businesses that are modeled around loses and pandering to the few.

I'm very pleased with the event and the announcement. However, there are a few of things that might be dealbreakers for me, personally.

- 1200 cars. Not the amount but rather that it suggests the return of duplicates and standards. If they're basically copy and pate from GT5, no, thank you. However, if they're greatly improved to a ''sub-premium'' level, it wouldn't be much of an issue.

- Sounds. I refuse to endure another installment where the sounds are subpar and nothing like their real life counterparts. No, no and no.

- DLC. Not a fan of their planned approach regarding extra content. Deliberately leaving content is woeful and something that I just cannot support.

Last edited:
I really am wondering why some of you are here if you just hate GT all the time and never have anything good to say about the game. It makes no sense to me.

I guess some people like to point out how PD fails to realize its potential, which is fair.

You didn't need to start a thread for this. They will whine and cry about it in other threads anyway. (Watch me get another warning for telling the truth lol)

A 👍 for creativity. Whining about the whining thread! :bowdown:

Not sure what your point is.

I'm sure you won't see the humor, but you "let PD slide"? And you're "not tolerating it again"? Seriously, that's funny stuff. lol

But all the cars in RR3 are premium. Full interior views too. :sly: And that's a game we play on a phone!
When I buy a car in that game it doesnt say that its premium or standard. You mean that all the cars are the same right. Anyway I wasnt commenting on the quality of the cars , I was commenting onthe AI. The GT5 ai is not the worst. I've played racing games with worse AI.

PS3 is ****. PS4 would've been epic. Oh well, I'm just gonna skip this one.
Probably would be better on the PS4 but then again probably would also take another 2-5 years before release. Personally I would much much rather have the game this year and on the PS3. Saves me a ton of money and I get it now. GT7 will release on the PS4 but it will be a while before it does.

Yeah, I'm not... entirely sure why the initial game announcement has to have all of the details of the game when the main expo in the industry is only a month away.

Maybe it's for a big surprised, I don't know why Kaz didn't mention it? The rest of the features sounded really good, mind as well saved the rest for E3 or whatever.

I want better smart ai cars, and a revamped arcade mode, let me choose a list of tracks and create a custom chiampionship on them. Otherwise, it's gt 5.5 to me.

you make 3 points here

and since the thread is made to cry: let's go!

it's way too early to say but i hope they will give drifting the part it deserves

rally has its part but so far: granturismo is a major sponsor in D1GP, not in WRC

and still about drifting: all the dudes i drift with agree on that; we need a touge road* or a real japanase drift track like ebisu, nikko, meihan, maze, bihoku island...and so on

i'd like PD to show more love to drifting...just a little

end of the ranting, i'm very very pleased with the rest of the news given today about the physics and all that

also happy not to have to buy a ps4

and IF they really have improved the track editor: it's going to be insane!
*we might be able to create our own touge/mountain road

I do like drifting in game, and do miss a track like nikko or maze, even ebisu. But drifting does have it's role man. The ocasional seasonal event, the ingame drift mode.

What really puts me off is the standard cars issue still not being addressed. I don't know but PS3 is by all means HD gaming (maybe not by todays standards any more) but compared to a PS2... You know where i'm going with this. I would rather have 600 or 700 cars like Forza and have them all have their individual stuff and detailing then having 800 cars that where ported from 10 year old games and cheating models that where basicly the same car over and over with a different year and model name (There are a lot of GT-Rs that are like this, the same happens with the FTO, GTO, S2000, etc). What i wan't to feel from GT6 is that i'm playing a simulation not a game which makes me fell like i'm playing an arcade game.

Then there's the car sounds, it doens't matter how much you go on with it there is no saving, they are utter rubbish. The k20 engine on the Civic Type R FD and DC5 Integras sounds alright (without VTEC, yet another issue) but the K20 from the Civic type R EP and CL7 accord sounds nothing like it should. It sounds almost like a diesel and for a game which puts such an amazing amount of detail into the models and to replicate reality the sounds put a lot of it off.

Then there are the minor details which make the game solid, VTEC for example is a thing which is impossible to not notice, yet GT5 doens't have it, it is written on the car details and even appears on the side door of the EG civic yet there is no sense of it working. It is not hard to make. Then why don't you do it?

The simulation was pretty good but sometimes it did felt like rubbish. It was solid, but some cars felt diferently from what they should.

Tuning, i am pretty happy with GT5 tuning and do wan't more of the same in GT6 (this is tuning in terms of suspension and such) but in the visual side of things it does let off. Rim offsets choosable are a must. Also sizes (try to keep them bellow 19).

This is like a list of what i really wan't i know, but in reality is a complaint if you will that GT6 isn't as detailed has it should.

When I buy a car in that game it doesnt say that its premium or standard. You mean that all the cars are the same right. Anyway I wasnt commenting on the quality of the cars , I was commenting onthe AI. The GT5 ai is not the worst. I've played racing games with worse AI.

GT5 AI is terrible, they should change the name to "Gran Time Trial". There is zero competition, 24 of Le Mans was brutal. 24 hour time trial was all it was.

Does a thread like this have to have such an emotive title? I'm not sure what's controversial about not being blown away.

So far the stuff they have announced is mostly stuff they should have been doing years ago, like more improved customisation/parts, working with tyre and suspension companies, like T10 have been doing for years. Now the stuff they have announced is welcome, but it was nothing earth-shattering, something you'd usually expect from a GT announcement.

When a GT announcement is touting, indeed, stressing, improvements to the UI rather than improvements to sound, something has gone wrong.

But I'm not worried. I'm sure improved sound be demoed and discussed at great length at E3 or gamescom.

Latest Posts

Back