The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
I really thought that after a whole week without any input on this this thread everyone had finally given up. Guess the track mangler thing had everyone distracted for a bit. Nothing changed, lame excuse for a track creator really didn't add much. I had great hopes for it & they were dashed quickly. I can create really big tracks with lots of bumpy corners, but I can't change the banking in the corners. I can't change the elevations, or have a bridge or tunnel. Really this is a course editor? Too little, too late, & too light... I lost my log in bonus because I really can't bother with the game enough to waste the 10 minutes to log in. Well I guess it doesn't matter I have plenty of time since they are too lazy add seasonal events.

Am I the only one who's missing the "hold the down-shift button to prevent up-shifting in automatic gear mode" ?

It was a useful feature in GT4 and prior , but went inexplicably missing since GT5 .

I never knew such a feature even existed, what a great idea! Mind you, by that time I was a fully fledged wheel user.

Sorry for not whining or crying! :sly:

The track editor is the worst thing I have ever seen in a game... It is ridiculous what we got after 2 years of waiting. Hey Kaz... go check Mod Nation Racers... that is a track editor not the lame excuse you are trying to make it pass for an editor... Disc goes back in the box... Bye bye and good riddance

Why, oh WHY the Community feature SUCK?

Just seeing 2 friends stuff, then next friends it LAGS?! Showing nothing even though my internet is all fine. Had to literally restart the game to fix it.

SERIOUSLY?

I'm so glad they could spit in our face with this abhorrent Track Path Creator. The problem is I feel like this guy...

life_brian_dungeon.png

"What I wouldn't give to be spat at in the face. Sometimes I lay awake at night dreaming of being spat at in the face."

Thanks PD, I love the Track Creator and it's the only reason I came back after a seven month hiatus; well that, Mid-Field and the 9 brand new VGTs I got going from 1.15 - 1.21 !

I'm so glad they could spit in our face with this abhorrent Track Path Creator. The problem is I feel like this guy...

life_brian_dungeon.png

"What I wouldn't give to be spat at in the face. Sometimes I lay awake at night dreaming of being spat at in the face."

Thanks PD, I love the Track Creator and it's the only reason I came back after a seven month hiatus; well that, Mid-Field and the 9 brand new VGTs I got going from 1.15 - 1.21 !
I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

MONTY PYTHONS "LIFE OF BRIAN"

If you are unfamiliar with Monty Python I get your confusion...If you are familiar, I am both of these characters. Brian who feels he is in a deplorable position(Our current frustration with PD) and the guy on the wall(Us who are happy to have any track maker at all).

After being destroyed by my own expectations of the course maker for GT5(Because it was worse than the current version and I had the highest of hopes) and then feeling like it would never make it into GT6, we finally have it. But...it's a spit in the face. PD tosses us this rubbish and expects us to be grateful that we got anything at all. Hence it being in the cry-baby thread.

"Nail 'em up I say! Nail some sense into them!

Do you get it?

I've seen the life of Brian many times, I knew where you were going with that. I don't get the last paragraph where you are thanking PD for the course maker. Are you being facetious/sarcastic there?

When a new game is announced and it isn't GT7 and it looks like PD doesn't really care about 6 anymore since well... Course Maker was the last "promise" and that's it.

When a new game is announced and it isn't GT7 and it looks like PD doesn't really care about 6 anymore since well... Course Maker was the last "promise" and that's it.
The Course Maker update landed a month ago, PD aren't exactly known to roll out updates every week.

And they still have yet to add quite a few VGTs to the game.

If I were a betting man I would place my money on "Stick a fork in it, it's done."
The course maker is awfully limited, it certainly didn't live up to what I expected. It is one step forward, & two steps backward from GT5. I really don't expect any more VGT cars to be added to GT6. I had to do the time zone shuffle as I haven't fired up the game for a couple of weeks. Now that I took the time to get one of the systems back to 200% I wonder if I'll log in to keep it there. Really getting hard to keep interested. Oh wow free cars, of course they are the garbage clunkers that no one wastes credits on, or if they do they toss them in to the stockyard as the want to own them all.

When you face wannabe racers that think they are the best and then while racing them, You get rammed for "ruining the draft" and attacking another's... Yet I was the one being attacked... I haven't experienced them since the GT5 days and apparently I sucked at racing for driving a Pagani... Yet they were racing GTR's and ramming others out of their way, People like this should not play racing games... They just ruin the community and make themselves feel good, it's all pointless isn't it. No Racer should be judged because of what they drive. It's just idioticy that ruins the online.

@GTracer125 - Just be thankfull that PD have intergrated the the PSN Blocked List on your PS3 to permanently filter out all the idiots that you put on there when you're hosting. You don't get that in all racing games, & playing those other games has made me appreciate the online tools PD have given us that I'd taken for granted.

VBR
@GTracer125 - Just be thankfull that PD have intergrated the the PSN Blocked List on your PS3 to permanently filter out all the idiots that you put on there when you're hosting. You don't get that in all racing games, & playing those other games has made me appreciate the online tools PD have given us that I'd taken for granted.
Isnt supposedly all games has the blocked list integrated? Im curious.

This post is becoming obsolete. After folks complain for so long without change, they lose hope.

A little bit of hope is a good thing. Too much hope, or too little, and you know what happens.

This post is becoming obsolete. After folks complain for so long without change, they lose hope.

A little bit of hope is a good thing. Too much hope, or too little, and you know what happens.
Can you blame people, though? PD will do whatever they want (they have the right to, but still) with paying little to no attention to fan input as if we were plotting by giving them advice that only seems good.

Several ridiculous design decisions have led to thousands of players outright abandoning the franchise:
They implement a function that requires you to use an actual car on a particular circuit, and isn't very useful to everyday players (though I must say, it's an amazing idea).
They limit the Course Maker to tablets only.
The recent sound update that came with (or around the time of) the Course Maker killed MANY unique sound samples by replacing them with some already used ones.
They patched a harmless bug that would let you use your own courses in offline competitions when they could use it to their advantage by adding a simple championship creator.

There is no hope. I'm sure I'm not alone in this - I'm out until I see major improvements in GT Sport (I think we can somewhat treat it as a small teaser for GT7).

I'm amazed how I played GT6 dead shortly after its release and now I can't play it for even one hour at a time; I honestly don't even remember when was the last time I played it.

GT 5.5? I hope not.

Lets face facts. PS3 is an obselete piece of kit.
1 3.2GHZ Power 5 CPU and 6SPUs that are non independent. All instructions are fed through the Power 5 core.
It has a crap (by2013s standard) GPU, an Nvidia 7800GTX GPU and split memory pools of 256MB XDR@3.2ghz and 256MB DDR3.

Its a mess, YET, Guerilla Games, makers of Killzone series ported their PS3 engine unto PS4. They had a press conferance today detailing it.

The PS4 has 8 Cores, each between 1.6GHz and 2GHz.
8GB GDDR5 ram at 176gb/s
and a HD7850 GPU.

What they did was basically emulate the PS3 instruction set on PS4 by having 6SPUs emulate by the 6CPU cores on PS4 to distribute the CPU loads. They used the remaining two PS4 CPU's to emulate the POWER PC Core, and then ofloaded the rest to the GPU.

SO, why didnt PD announce GT6 being cross-gen if its that simple to do????
The PS4 Graphics Card is literally 10× the power of PS3s AND, there is a unified pool of memory.
I am disappointed. I really am.

First GT I may skip......... :(
Because DP & Kaz want your money. GT Sport Epilogue then the big Doozey one for GT 7. Cash Money Cows Bro. Move on to the other titles you won't be disappointed. Project Cars, Assetto Corsa & Forza. You can't go wrong with either. All my buddies moved on to them all 27 of them and were not coming back!

Because DP & Kaz want your money. \
Or, because cross-porting to the PS4 with GT6 wouldn't be a smart move.
There's still bounds of PS2 assets in GT6, why would you have those on the PS4? PD are already working on a PS4 title, GT Sport. (And GT7.)

I'm finally getting to the point where I'm about to give up on this game. We haven't had an update since summer when the track editor came out and all the focus is now on GT Sport. It's disgusting that a company like PD would constantly bait the players by dangling a new game in front of them, yet completely ignore the game they are currently playing without even finishing the product they promised. There are Vision GT cars that still haven't made it into the game and they talked about other cars that might come to the game as well. How, in any way, is this the way to treat your consumers?

I dont care about GT Series anymore. Everyday discussion has been go around with no progress, flame baits, and all done by similar members.

Shouldve been more but @Ameer67 got it right with "Tales of your arse".

Just want to say, i want progress, a real info minimum. Otherwise i put a dormant.

Last edited:
I'm finally getting to the point where I'm about to give up on this game. We haven't had an update since summer when the track editor came out and all the focus is now on GT Sport.

The track editor came in the fall, not summer. Besides, there was technically an update since then, at the very end of November.

It's disgusting that a company like PD would constantly bait the players by dangling a new game in front of them, yet completely ignore the game they are currently playing without even finishing the product they promised.

I don't think it counts as "constantly" when there's been precisely one trailer.

I also don't find it disgusting that support for a game would trickle off after the two year mark. But hey, we're all different.

There are Vision GT cars that still haven't made it into the game and they talked about other cars that might come to the game as well. How, in any way, is this the way to treat your consumers?

It's entirely possible the VGT program is slowed because of the automakers, not PD. Not in the case of the Hyundai and Bugatti - that seems to be a conscious choice to hold them back - but in the yet-to-be-seen models.

While one could certainly make the argument that maybe Polyphony shouldn't have jumped the gun by listing all the marques in the game from the get-go, that's not really the same thing.

The track editor came in the fall, not summer. Besides, there was technically an update since then, at the very end of November.

I don't think it counts as "constantly" when there's been precisely one trailer.

I also don't find it disgusting that support for a game would trickle off after the two year mark. But hey, we're all different.

It's entirely possible the VGT program is slowed because of the automakers, not PD. Not in the case of the Hyundai and Bugatti - that seems to be a conscious choice to hold them back - but in the yet-to-be-seen models.

While one could certainly make the argument that maybe Polyphony shouldn't have jumped the gun by listing all the marques in the game from the get-go, that's not really the same thing.
PD is always guilty until proven innocent here, it seems. :(

This game's netcode is THE absolute worst pile of 🤬 I have ever encountered, especially in the last few weeks. Time after time my Super GT series has had to postpone races and we just had to flat out cancel the second round as nobody could stay connected.

PD needs to stop burying their heads into their asses and improve their server netcode immensely. These issues are just :censored:ing unacceptable for a supposed AAA publisher and I'm getting really pissed off about it.

Get your 🤬 together PD.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game's netcode is THE absolute worst...

It's not the worst I've come across, but it's never been good and for a while has become increasingly terrible. I don't tend to get disconnected nearly as much as I see other people, but frequently I get the loading icon constantly popping up and freezing the menus. If I'm in a tuning sheet or car list, it can take me several minutes to back out, another minute or two to load the driving options, and then a few minutes to enter the track.

Back